Evil Warriors - 10
    Evil Horde - 11
    Great Rebellion - 8
    Snake Men - 6
    He-Ro, Son of He-Man - 1
    Galactic Protectors - 2
    Space Mutants - 3
    Powers of Grayskull - 5
    No Allegiance Good (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e., Dekker, Granamyr, Procrustus, Melaktha, etc.) - 4
    No Allegiance Evil (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e, Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Lodar, Shokoti, etc.) - 7

This was kinda hard to decide on. I'm pretty sure the Evil Horde is my absolute favorite faction though. That was the absolute PEAK of MOTU.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    11. Evil Warriors
    10. Heroic Warriors and Great Rebellion--they're one and the same!
    9. Evil Horde
    8. No Allegiance Evil (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e, Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Lodar, Shokoti, etc.)
    7. Powers of Grayskull
    6. Space Mutants
    5. No Allegiance Good (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e., Dekker, Granamyr, Procrustus, Melaktha, etc.)
    4. Snake Men
    3. [I'm leaving blank, because I had two number tens, and for me there's a gap between the Snake Men and the next two]
    2. Galactic Protectors (and the only thing that distinguishes these guys from the SoH era is the inclusion of Mara and Master Sebrian)
    1. He-Ro, Son of He-Man (the most contemptable iteration of MOTU in my opinion)
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Just for a bit of fun, rank the factions from your preference for most liked to least liked. But to properly gauge the results you need to allocate them a number from 1-11, the higher the number the more you like them. Most liked gets an 11 and each subsequent faction gets a lower number.

Example;

(most liked)
    Great Rebellion - 11
    Heroic Warriors - 10
    Evil Horde - 9
    He-Ro, Son of He-Man - 8
    Etc.
    (least liked)

Here are the factions (please let me know if I am missing any);

Heroic Warriors
    Evil Warriors
    Evil Horde
    Great Rebllion
    Snake Men
    He-Ro, Son of He-Man
    Galactic Protectors
    Space Mutants
    Powers of Grayskull
    No Allegiance Good (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e., Dekker, Granamyr, Procrustus, Melaktha, etc.)
    No Allegiance Evil (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e, Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Lodar, Shokoti, etc.)
    If you goal at the end of this is to show Mattel what factions we the fans prefer, I don't think these are the right ones. When TG refers to a faction, he seems to be referring to "where in the MOTU world this character originated from." For example his comments about there being many POP characters because he includes the Horde in POP. By his definition, many of these are sub-factions of larger factions. The "No Allegiance" categories are groupings of characters that don't belong together according to his rules. If this is the case, his factions seem to be these...

Vintage Figures - Includes Heroic Warriors, Evil Warriors, Snake Men
    NA - Includes Galactic Protectors, Space Mutants
    POP - Includes Great Rebellion, Horde*
    Filmation - (Anything that originated here.)
    Designed But Not Produced - Includes Powers of Grayskull
    Concept Characters - Includes Fighting Foe Men, Designer Concepts
    Original Mini-Comics - (Anything that originated here.)
    200X - (Anything that originated here.)

*Also counts as Vintage Figures.

If it's not your goal to show them what we want and this is just for fun...I can oblige.

Heroic Warriors - 11
    Evil Warriors - 10
    Evil Horde - 9
    Powers of Grayskull - 8
    Snake Men - 7
    Galactic Protectors - 6
    Space Mutants - 5
    No Allegiance Good (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e., Dekker, Granamyr, Procrustus, Melaktha, etc.) - 4
    No Allegiance Evil (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e, Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Lodar, Shokoti, etc.) - 3
    Great Rebellion - 2
    He-Ro, Son of He-Man - 1

Heroic Warrior
    Heroic Warriors - 11
    Evil Warriors - 10
    Evil Horde - 8
    Great Rebllion - 1
    Snake Men - 9
    He-Ro, Son of He-Man - 4
    Galactic Protectors - 3
    Space Mutants - 2
    Powers of Grayskull - 7
    No Allegiance Good - 6
    No Allegiance Evil - 5

Heroic Warriors- 8
    Evil Warriors- 10
    Evil Horde- 11
    Great Rebellion- 7
    Snake Men- 9
    He-Ro, Son of He-Man- 1
    Galactic Protectors- 3
    Space Mutants- 6
    Powers of Grayskull- 4
    No Allegiance Good- 2
    No Allegiance Evil- 5

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    If you goal at the end of this is to show Mattel what factions we the fans prefer, I don't think these are the right ones. When TG refers to a faction, he seems to be referring to "where in the MOTU world this character originated from." For example his comments about there being many POP characters because he includes the Horde in POP. By his definition, many of these are sub-factions of larger factions. The "No Allegiance" categories are groupings of characters that don't belong together according to his rules. If this is the case, his factions seem to be these...
    This is just for fun. There is no ulterior motive.

I love all of motu lore but

Im only going to list my top 4 because the rest are good to me all the same.

11 Evil Horde
    10 Evil Warriors-Skeletors minions
    9 Powers of Greyskull
    8 Heroic Warriors-The Masters
    Ask me about my power. I bring new meaning to the phrase superhuman.

Heroic Warrior
    11 Evil Warriors
    10 Heroic Warriors
    9 Horde
    8 Snake Men
    7 Powers of Grayskull
    6 Great Rebellion
    5 He-Ro
    4 Misc. Heroes
    3 Misc. Villains
    2 Space Mutants
    1 Galactic Nimrods

1. [11] Evil Horde - easily my favourite faction. Some of the best designed characters are in the Horde.
    2. [10] Evil Warriors - with characters like Trap Jaw, Scareglow, Spikor, Two Bad and now Draego-Man this faction sits very high as a favourite.
    3. [09] Powers of Grayskull - excluding the shoehorning in of SLL and TMS this is my favourite heroic faction, even though it is more of an era.
    4. [08] No Allegiance Evil - Shokoti, Lodar and Prahvus, Oh My!
    5. [07] Heroic Warriors - not the Masters of the Universe, no matter how self righteous they are. In fact, it is the secondary characters that make me like this faction.
    6. [06] Space Mutants - I have never seen NA so I am basing my opinion on the 3 MOTUC figures, and they are downright awesome.
    7. [05] Snake Men - I loved the Snake Men as a kid, I loved them in MYP but there is just something about them that doesn't place them higher.
    8. [04] Great Rebellion - I was glad that all eras of MOTU were included under the MOTUC umbrella. I just haven't seen enough of this faction for it to be placed any higher.
    9. [03] Galactic Protectors - Flipshot is a pretty good figure but I can only base my opinion on that so far.
    10. [02] No Allegiance Good - not good enough to be in a faction, not bad enough to be evil.
    11. [01] He-Ro, Son of He-Man - If I based it solely on King He-Man then this faction would sit above Galactic Protectors. Unfortunately, the unneeded inclusion and focus on SLL and TMS (and the fear of the story revolving more around them) has weighed this faction down to the bottom. Individually, I do not hate TMS and SLL (TMS is from NA and SLL from PoP In MY Canon) I just hate how much focus and impact they have had on the mythos.

Heroic Warrior
    Heroic Warriors 11
    Evil Warriors 10
    Evil Horde 9
    Powers of Grayskull 8
    No Allegiance Evil 7
    No Allegiance Good 6
    Snake Men 5
    Great Rebllion 4
    Galactic Protectors 3
    Space Mutants 2
    He-Ro, Son of He-Man 1

Heroic Warrior
    11. Great Rebllion
    10. Evil Horde
    9. Evil Warriors
    8. Heroic Warriors
    7. He-Ro, Son of He-Man
    6. Snake Men
    5. Powers of Grayskull
    4. Space Mutants
    3. Galactic Protectors
    2. No Allegiance Evil (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e, Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Lodar, Shokoti, etc.)
    1. No Allegiance Good (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e., Dekker, Granamyr, Procrustus, Melaktha, etc.)

11 Great Rebllion
    10 Evil Horde
    9 Evil Warriors
    8Snake Men
    7Heroic Warriors
    6 Space Mutants
    5 Galactic Protectors
    4 No Allegiance Evil (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e, Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Lodar, Shokoti, etc.)
    3 No Allegiance Good (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e., Dekker, Granamyr, Procrustus, Melaktha, etc.)
    2 He-Ro, Son of He-Man
    1 Powers of Grayskull

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Heroic Warriors- 9
    Evil Warriors- 10
    Evil Horde- 11
    Great Rebellion- 5
    Snake Men- 8
    He-Ro, Son of He-Man- 1
    Galactic Protectors- 3
    Space Mutants- 6
    Powers of Grayskull- 4
    No Allegiance Good- 2
    No Allegiance Evil- 7

This was VERY hard as I could easily have a tie at the top with The Horde and The Evil Warriors........

Great Rebllion 11 These are the characters I've waited 20 some years for, in a style that matches MOTU
    Evil Warriors 10 The faction that has Evil-Lyn...
    Heroic Warriors 9 There would be no line with out He-Man and Teela.
    Evil Horde 8 Shadow Weaver need I say more.
    No Allegiance Evil 7 Shokoti, Lady Valtra, and Spydra all fun villains
    No Allegiance Good 6 Some fun characters like Kittrina.
    Space Mutants 5 Crita is really the only saving grace for me with this faction.
    Galactic Protectors 4 Like the SM, if not for Mara this faction would be even lower.
    Powers of Grayskull 3 No females that I know of so nothing to draw me in.
    Snake Men 2 No females and not in Filmation kills this faction.
    He-Ro, Son of He-Man 1 No conection to this at all.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warriors 11
    Evil Warriors 10
    Evil Horde 9
    Snake Men 8
    Powers of Grayskull 7
    No Allegiance Evil (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e, Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Lodar, Shokoti, etc.) 6
    No Allegiance Good (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e., Dekker, Granamyr, Procrustus, Melaktha, etc.) 5
    Great Rebellion 4
    He-Ro, Son of He-Man 3
    Space Mutants 2
    Galactic Protectors 1

He-Ro could over take the great rebellion if the figures turn out to be amazing but since all I know is the general guide and the King He-man figure, it gets a 3. Not an NA fan so the get the lowest. I did my rankings mostly based off the figures.

Very hard to distinguish between the top two as the Evil Warriors and the Horde as so visually appealing. The Snake Men could be on top if we had the Slave Girl already.

Evil Warriors - 11
    Horde - 10
    Snake Men - 9
    POG - 8 (Vikor alone drives this rating up.)
    Space Mutants - 7
    Great Rebellion - 6
    Heroic Warriors - 5
    No Allegiance Evil - 4
    Galactic Protectors - 3
    He-Ro, Son of He-Man - 2
    No Allegiance Good - 1
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    What a fun game. I love these. I'm also curious what other people rank there factions.

11- Heroic Warriors
    10- No Allegiance Evil
    09- Space Mutants
    08- He-Ro, Son of He-Man
    07- Evil Warriors
    06- Snake Men
    05- Powers of Grayskull
    04- Evil Horde
    03- Galactic Protectors
    02- Great Rebllion
    01- No Allegiance Good

It's hard to be accurate each faction is awesome. But for sure the heroes are #1. I really love the non allegiance evil, pog, he-ro sohm, & n/a.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

1. SNAKE MEN
    2. Evil Mutants of Denebria
    3. Evil Warriors
    4. Heroic Warriors
    5. Evil Horde
    6. Galactic Guardians
    7. Powers of Grayskull
    8. No Allegiance Evil
    9. Great Rebellion
    10 No Allegiance Good
    11. He-Ro, Son of He-Man
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Here's mine:

Great Rebellion - 11
    Evil Horde - 10
    Heroic Warriors - 9
    Evil Warriors - 8
    No Allegiance Evil - 7
    No Allegiance Good - 6
    Space Mutants - 5
    Galactic Protectors - 4
    Snake Men - 3
    He-Ro, Son of He-Man - 2
    Powers of Grayskull - 1

The baddies are largely more fun - but the faction I like the MOST and therefore the one I want to see more added to is certainly The Great Rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    In the age of unisex doublespeak it's hard to imagine that differences exist, but it's true (at least for me). I agree it's pretty funny no matter where you stand.

The whole look and coloring were clearly aimed at little girls in subtle and not so subtle ways. It could be a plus or a minus, but it is essentially Barbie He-Man because let's face it, Mattel couldn't help itself. If it's your bag great, but at least as far as the Great Rebellion is concerned, that's how it will always look for me. We could agree both were ridiculous in their own right, but comb weapons are a different kind of ridiculous than the standard silliness.
    As far as the toys go, I think it's completely accurate to call it "Barbie He-Man". Go on YouTube and look up some commercials. Girls only played with the dolls. They were explicitly referred to as dolls Beauty was pushed as a selling point. As un-PC as it may sound, the packaging was pink. They sold dress up costumes. She-Ra was obviously meant to merge He-Man and Barbie as a way to get boys playing along with their sisters. And that's a very good thing!

Honestly, I love them all so much, but I quite like these types of threads, so here's what I'll do: I'll number them in the orde of how much I'm excited to get figures from each, again with the highest numbers being the most anticipated. Here goes:

He-Ro, Son of He-Man: 11; I want Dare, He-Ro, the Son of Skeletor, the new characters, and I'd love SOHM versions of Man-E, Rammy, Queen (?) Teela, Evil Lyn, and pretty much anyone else, especially Skeletor, though I think he may be a goner at that point, which is fine too...

Heroic Warriors: 8; give me my Rock People! I'll be happy to get them all, even the "hated" Meteorbs and Rotar. Oh, and Gwildor is one of my very top wants, with Mantenna and TL. Don't get me started on my love of variants: I want my Jungle Attack He-Man!!!

Evil Warriors: 4; so far down? Only because we have so many. Now, honestly, if pressed, this is probably my favorite actual faction, but as I think almost all of them are sure-things, I find myself jonesing more for the "rarer breeds." I will still do a happy jig with each announcement of Blade, Saurod, Two-Badd (and Tuvar and Baddrah!), and even for any variants of Skeletor or Lyn. (Come on, Snake Men Alliance EL!)

Evil Horde: 7; my most wanted figure (period) now is Mantenna. I'll also be thrilled to see Dragstor, Scorpia, Callix, Dyla-Mug, Modulok, and even Multi-Bot (who I never cared for much). Oh, and I want a package of Imp, with all his fun little forms.

Great Rebllion: 10; get me Glimmer, Peekablue, Mermista, Castaspella, SPIRIT, Seahawk, Razz, Broom, Kowl, Sweet Bee, Perfuma, Flutterina, Loo-Kee, Spinnerella, Twiggets, Red Knight, Double Trouble...everyone!

Snake Men: 6; Tung Lashor is one of my top wants, and I'll be thrilled to round out the gang with Sssqueeze too, but I'm equally excited about possibly getting Snake Mekaneck and Snake Teela! (Sorry, I love these variants. Teela could pass with a redeco IMO, and Mek needs very little new tooling-though I like the idea being bandied about of him getting the
    200X-ish SMAA treatment, with Roboto/TJ parts and some gloves and such.) Also: a big heck yes to a redeco'd and possibly swapped about parts Snake Men 2-Pack release.

Galactic Protectors: 5; again, these guys are turning out pretty well so far (oh wait, we only have 1? Yikes. That's so sad.) I can't wait to add to their ranks with hydron, Darius, Sebrian, Mara, Sagitarr, and the others (though truth be told, it's hard to recall some of them sometimes.) Vizor, KO, Nocturna... Yep, I'll take them all.

Space Mutants: 9; I really want Flogg soon, and Mattel and the Horsemen are knocking these guys outtta the park.

Powers of Grayskull: 3; again, low on the list due to a fairly healthy representation already, not for lack of love. Bring on newbies like Bandwidth, Beast Lord, Gladiator, and Red Shadow, but make sure we get Eldor, Veena, The Oracle, and BIONATOPS! (I want all the dinosaurs.)

No Allegiance Good: 1; I think this might be the smallest category.

No Allegiance Evil: 2; Evilseed! Prahvus! Odiphus!!! Gimme!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

11 Evil Warriors
    10 Heroic Warriors
    09 Evil Horde
    08 Snake Men
    07 Space Mutants
    06 Galactic Protectors
    05 No Allegiance Evil
    04 Powers of Grayskull
    03 Great Rebllion
    02 No Allegiance Good
    01 He-Ro, Son of He-Man
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    As far as the toys go, I think it's completely accurate to call it "Barbie He-Man". Go on YouTube and look up some commercials. Girls only played with the dolls. They were explicitly referred to as dolls Beauty was pushed as a selling point. As un-PC as it may sound, the packaging was pink. They sold dress up costumes. She-Ra was obviously meant to merge He-Man and Barbie as a way to get boys playing along with their sisters. And that's a very good thing!
    Yeah, I have two younger sisters who actually had some She-Ra stuff when we were kids. I can tell you that girls and boys play very, very differently and it would take more than a doll/figure hybrid to affect that. The more athletic games were easier to bring us all together (tag, hide-and-seek). But playtime with playthings were segregated into female groups and boy groups and I think that's natural for the most part. I never once had the inclination to play with my sisters toys or vice versa. The big thing girls liked to do was "play house" which was anathema to me and my friends. He-Man was a cash grab and She-Ra was no different although because She-Ra felt forced to alot of people, it gets more disdain.

As tired as this topic might be, it got me thinking about what was uniquely masculine about the original MOTU and what was uniquely feminine about the She-Ra stuff. Beyond the cute bubbly surface and toy conventions (rooted hair, action features), I believe the answer lies in the way the sexes approach power. For guys, power is transformative and potentially disfiguring. Great and terrible at the same time. Every MOTU character has an exaggerated muscularity and most of them are essentially monsters, including the good guys (Buzz-Off, Man-E-Faces, Stratos) or some glaring augmentation (Fisto, Mekaneck, MAA's green skin). Power came before beauty.

The opposite was happening with She-Ra. It was important that all the ladies be glamorous first. The doll hair kind of fed into that. Even the Horde females had great figures and in many cases had great hair too. Even the sea creature Octavia used conditioner (although with obvious traction baldness from years of wearing weaves)!

It's intriguing to see how sex differences still generate controversy, but it's a discussion that ought to remain open as long as we can tolerate different opinions. It's cool if you can get enjoyment out of the property. The whole MOTU universe is one odd bird with many feathers, and everyone plucks differently.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    In the age of unisex doublespeak it's hard to imagine that differences exist, but it's true (at least for me). I agree it's pretty funny no matter where you stand.

The whole look and coloring were clearly aimed at little girls in subtle and not so subtle ways. It could be a plus or a minus, but it is essentially Barbie He-Man because let's face it, Mattel couldn't help itself. If it's your bag great, but at least as far as the Great Rebellion is concerned, that's how it will always look for me. We could agree both were ridiculous in their own right, but comb weapons are a different kind of ridiculous than the standard silliness.
    I just wish you were willing to see those characters differently now.

I understand your point, but only as it relates to the past.

You're actually wrong when you say that "Barbie He-Man" is "my bag."
    It's not. It never was. I don't care for Barbie. I never saw POP that way. That's just my perspective.

Mattel isn't marketing great rebellion characters as "Barbie He-Man" now.... And I find that exciting!

Of course it would help if Toyguru were willing to use those characters more... Unfortunately, he seems to want to "cute-up" those characters (see Frosta's bio) as opposed to giving them some edge (see Orko or Mosquitor's bios).

I'll be happy when we get a great rebellion bio with some blood in it... When we find out that Perfuma helped slaughter Mosquitor's people after they tried to destroy the Whispering Woods.
    Last edited by bcrduke; October 4, 2012 at 05:33pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I just wish you were willing to see those characters differently now.

I understand your point, but only as it relates to the past.

You're actually wrong when you say that "Barbie He-Man" is "my bag."
    It's not. It never was. I don't care for Barbie. I never saw POP that way. That's just my perspective.

Mattel isn't marketing great rebellion characters as "Barbie He-Man" now.... And I find that exciting!

Of course it would help if Toyguru were willing to use those characters more... Unfortunately, he seems to want to "cute-up" those characters (see Frosta's bio) as opposed to giving them some edge (see Orko or Mosquitor's bios).

I'll be happy when we get a great rebellion bio with some blood in it... When we find out that Perfuma helped slaughter Mosquitor's people after they tried to destroy the Whispering Woods.
    Fair enough! I hope Mattel follows through on their promise to get your core characters in. I may not have alot of love for the GR, but you guys have been paying customers too and deserve what you've been asking for.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.