Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rank the Factions

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    As far as the toys go, I think it's completely accurate to call it "Barbie He-Man". Go on YouTube and look up some commercials. Girls only played with the dolls. They were explicitly referred to as dolls Beauty was pushed as a selling point. As un-PC as it may sound, the packaging was pink. They sold dress up costumes. She-Ra was obviously meant to merge He-Man and Barbie as a way to get boys playing along with their sisters. And that's a very good thing!
    So, myself and all of the other individuals with penises who could see beyond the narrow gender roles constructed by society were actually girls? That's some interesting logic you've got there...
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    So, myself and all of the other individuals with penises who could see beyond the narrow gender roles constructed by society were actually girls? That's some interesting logic you've got there...
    he said in the commercials.....he's right.....no boys in the commercials.

And no girls at the Masters of the Universe commercials. That means no girl is allowed to like them.

I donīt know why we canīt leave that finally behind us. In the eighties it was strictly separated(or was intended to be) and now itīs not and thatīs a good thing.

And as you guys know Tytus and Megator had rooted hair as well and Butterflyer which is more or less a female giant with wings didnīt had rooted hair but she had plastic sculpted hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    And no girls at the Masters of the Universe commercials. That means no girl is allowed to like them.

I donīt know why we canīt leave that finally behind us. In the eighties it was strictly separated(or was intended to be) and now itīs not and thatīs a good thing.

And as you guys know Tytus and Megator had rooted hair as well and Butterflyer which is more or less a female giant with wings didnīt had rooted hair but she had plastic sculpted hair.
    I don't think anyone was trying to be offensive...I think we can all agree that Classics rocks regardless of faction.

This is why it's so interesting to talk about. I think there's more socialization required to get boys and girls to play together because it's just easier for them to separate into their own playgroups. No commercials needed for that one. There are exceptions, but not enough to make it a rule, or to force it imo.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose since this can be a hot button topic, if you guys/gals want I can open this up in the tar swamp or PM me if you'd like to keep it private.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

My favorites:

1. The Horde
    2. Heroic Warriors AKA Masters
    3. Evil Warriors
    4. Great Rebellion
    5. Snake Men
    6. POG
    7. Space Mutants
    8. everyone else except ....see below

99. Galactic Protectors
    100. He-Ro, Son of He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I just wish you were willing to see those characters differently now.
    Of course it would help if Toyguru were willing to use those characters more... Unfortunately, he seems to want to "cute-up" those characters (see Frosta's bio) as opposed to giving them some edge (see Orko or Mosquitor's bios).

I'll be happy when we get a great rebellion bio with some blood in it... When we find out that Perfuma helped slaughter Mosquitor's people after they tried to destroy the Whispering Woods.
    Agreed. I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I hate the way the POP bios "cute-up", as you said, the characters. I wish the characters would be portrayed more seriously. I liked to see something in maybe Sweet Bee's bio that states Mosquitor killed her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Yeah, I have two younger sisters who actually had some She-Ra stuff when we were kids. I can tell you that girls and boys play very, very differently and it would take more than a doll/figure hybrid to affect that.
    I gotta respectfully disagree.

Some of my best friends in my childhood were girls and they played no differently than me when we played together with our figures. It didn't matter if it was MOTU or even GIJOE. The best thing about POP to me as a child was that it allowed my female friends to have more characters to play with. Before POP, the pickings were pretty slim. They played with some male figures, mostly villains, but for the most part is was the female figures. They had all of the Horde figures to help recreate the POP cartoon and one of my female friends even had a Fright Zone playset. On the flipside, I owned a Kowl figure. Bow though was just too scrawny for the world of MOTU IMO.

Did you intentionally not read the immediately preceding sentence just so you can launch into your righteous indignation, or was it an accident?

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Here we go:

Heroic Warriors - 5

Evil Warriors -11

Evil Horde -1

Great Rebllion -1

Snake Men -8

He-Ro, Son of He-Man -7

Galactic Protectors -1

Space Mutants -8

Powers of Grayskull -8

No Allegiance Good (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e., Dekker, Granamyr, Procrustus, Melaktha, etc.) -1

No Allegiance Evil (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e, Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Lodar, Shokoti, etc.) -7

That sums it up neatly, nice thread idea!

Heroic Warriors-11
    Evil Warriors-10
    Powers of Grayskull-9
    Evil Horde-8
    Great Rebllion-7
    Space Mutants-6
    Galactic Protectors-5
    Snake Men-4
    No Allegiance Evil (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e, Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Lodar, Shokoti, etc.)-3
    No Allegiance Good (this is for any characters that don't fall into a faction, i.e., Dekker, Granamyr, Procrustus, Melaktha, etc.)-2
    He-Ro, Son of He-Man-1
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warriors=8
    Evil Warriors=9
    Evil Horde =11
    Great Rebllion=10
    Snake Men=7
    He-Ro, Son of He-Man=5
    Galactic Protectors=1
    Space Mutants=2
    Powers of Grayskull=6
    No Allegiance Good =3
    No Allegiance Evil =4