Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Takara reissues "holy grail" Fortress Maximus.

Takara reissues "holy grail" Fortress Maximus.

No longer will fans who missed out on this classic (and huge) toy need to settle for redecoed versions. Takara is reissuing one of the most expensive Transformers toys ever!

This is awesome! I rather pay $400 for a reissue than over $2,000 for a vintage boxed one. Plus this might increase the chances of a Grand Maximus reissue too.

Preordered even though I will probably cancel. But BBTS is charging me $103 in postage

I'll keep my vintage one. It's one of the few vintage G1 Transformers I have still!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Already pre-ordered mine along with MP Ravage and Rumble cassettes. You better too, Sandy, if you know what's good for you!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Already pre-ordered mine along with MP Ravage and Rumble cassettes. You better too, Sandy, if you know what's good for you!
    I figure you're giving me one for christmas, Benny!

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I figure you're giving me one for christmas, Benny!
    Pfft! They don't celebrate Christmas in Sweden.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Pfft! They don't celebrate Christmas in Sweden.
    Of course we do, we invented it.

Pre-ordered! It'll be nice to finally have one!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Wow, he's the only Headmaster I don't have... Not sure I will partake though, as the postage to the UK alone would be a kick in the nuts. I'd sooner they re-issued the smaller G1 stuff (Stunticons.... STUNTICONS!!!).
    Obviously Sunstreaker is off the table, but he's the only one of the original Ark crew I'm missing (bar the shoddy knock-off I have).... An original in mint condition is my 'holy grail'.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Of course we do, we invented it.
    As well as inventing chronic elaboration, huh?

I really want this but I have my brave maximus which may be just as fine. However, this is really really tempting.

Ha and people complain about 200-250 for Castle Grayskull!

I really want those cassettes more than anything.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I'm assuming you already pre-ordered Soundwave then, Kinger Khaner?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I'll keep my vintage one. It's one of the few vintage G1 Transformers I have still!
    I still have mine too. It's a little dirty and has sticker wear though. The green door was broken off his chest, but I could glue it.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    This is awesome! I rather pay $400 for a reissue than over $2,000 for a vintage boxed one. Plus this might increase the chances of a Grand Maximus reissue too.
    Although it might seem that Grand Max would be sure to follow, he might not. This is going to cost a fortune to produce. Fortress Maximus is highly demanded by just about every G1 TF fan out there. But not all G1 Transformers collectors care about the Japanese exclusive Transformers. Even though Takara is releasing this for the Asian market, they know full well that tons of the Fort maxes being sold will be resold to TF collectors around the world. Grand Max just doesn't have that same level of appeal as Fort Max to many collectors. I'm not knocking Grand Max, he's the absolute holy grail of my entire toy collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    My Fort Max is one of the few toys from my childhood which managed to stay with me when my mom threw out almost everything. I had to get another Fort Max to gear him up as mine was missing most of everything. If I didn't already have this guy, I would drop collecting absolutely everything to buy this reissue if that's what it took.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Crap, I didn't even know the MP Cassettes were up. I have remedied that.

I'm assuming you already pre-ordered Soundwave then, Kinger Khaner?
    OF COURSE I DID! What do you think I am some sort of hippie?

OF COURSE I DID! What do you think I am some sort of hippie?
    Well now that you mention it, Ki-Ka, your wardrobe does have that 70's bohemian feel to it...

I really want this but I have my brave maximus which may be just as fine. However, this is really really tempting.

Ha and people complain about 200-250 for Castle Grayskull!

Yeah, but wouldn't it be awesome to have a Castle Grayskull that's this big? Plus he could transform into Castle Grayskullman or his head could transform into Castle Grayskullman. I think that would be a nice bit o' awesome.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Heroic Warrior
    Preordered. Encore TFs are the only TFs I collect(but missed out on the now super expensive 15 and 16). It will be nice to finally have a FM.

Well now that you mention it, Ki-Ka, your wardrobe does have that 70's bohemian feel to it...
    hmmm... you know Stinkor has also made my place smell of the hippie.....DAMN!!!! I am turning into a hippie.....GAH!

BBTS just sent me an e-mail announcing a $20 drop in price in my pre-order for Fortress Maximus! It keeps getting better and better!

BBTS just sent me an e-mail announcing a $20 drop in price in my pre-order for Fortress Maximus! It keeps getting better and better!
    I got that too.

Even though I have him on preorder I am still not sold on keeping it. I wanted Fort Max as a kid but Transformers are way better now than they were then. This is just a $300+ brick.

Plus, nothing can take away my excitement for MP 12/15/16.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I got that too.

Even though I have him on preorder I am still not sold on keeping it. I wanted Fort Max as a kid but Transformers are way better now than they were then. This is just a $300+ brick.

Plus, nothing can take away my excitement for MP 12/15/16.
    Fort Max can jump kick! He's not a brick. (If he could bend his knees, he'd be better!)

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Will he have the same box as the old one?
    Will he be great as the old one?