Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Takara reissues "holy grail" Fortress Maximus.

I liked the Korean version from 10 years back for RID allot. I am not sure if there is allot of space left in my heart to be purchasing 400 dollar transformers anymore.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    hmmm... you know Stinkor has also made my place smell of the hippie.....DAMN!!!! I am turning into a hippie.....GAH!
    Well the only known cure for hippie-ism (besides shaving your pits and putting your bra back on) is buying tons of commercial goods! Buy Fortress Maximus, Ki-Ka!

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBoyRM View Post
    Will he have the same box as the old one?
    Will he be great as the old one?
    Well, if the past re-releases are any indication, the box will be a reproduction of the original as well...albeit in Japanese.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I'd need to win the lottery to even consider this.

I'm more stingy with money these days, at high prices like this I'd almost demand something functional over a toy. See, I could save up money for that big 3rd party Devastator, but for $500 I could get an Open Pandora and get 1000X more use out of it. For the cost of this I could get a current gen game console and a big stack of games. I'm even hesitant to spend $75 on FOC Bruticus, partly because it's such an ugly toy that should have been better. I've had to cut a lot of impulse buys and extraneous collecting out of my life. if it's an item I'm likely to turn around and sell off in 3 months then I won't buy it to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Well, if the past re-releases are any indication, the box will be a reproduction of the original as well...albeit in Japanese.
    Yup, it will be in Japanese packaging but one thing it will have that the American releae did not have...the Master Sword!!! Originally I thought only Grand Maximus came with the Master Sword but it turns out Fort Max had it in the original G1 Japanese release! More reason to get the Encore version!
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    Yup, it will be in Japanese packaging but one thing it will have that the American releae did not have...the Master Sword!!! Originally I thought only Grand Maximus came with the Master Sword but it turns out Fort Max had it in the original G1 Japanese release! More reason to get the Encore version!
    I saw that in the pic! Another reason to buy this re-release of Fortress Maximus: extra accessories!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Well I bit the bullet and preordered this monster. I never had the original and have been wanting one for years. I do own a Brave Max but Fortress is the one I truly want.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakahn View Post
    I liked the Korean version from 10 years back for RID allot. I am not sure if there is allot of space left in my heart to be purchasing 400 dollar transformers anymore.
    I have that version too, so I'll pass on this

I havent ordered from BBTS in ages like years, do they do a test charge on your card at first??
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    I havent ordered from BBTS in ages like years, do they do a test charge on your card at first??
    You will see a temporary $1.00 charge on your card from BBTS but it will drop off. BBTS will charge you once the product arrives. Be sure to check and see if you have your Pile of Loot (POL) featured turned on or not, depending if you want everything to ship when it comes in or not. It is a great feature that can help you save on shipping costs in the long run.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

I'm so stoked about this! I've been building up my G1 collection for years now (mainly through reissues), and I always thought FM would be the last guy I ever got around to getting. I'm definitely not gonna pass this up. I'm not sure about placing a pre-order just yet though, I might wait till he comes out and see if I can get a better deal somewhere else.

Seriously though, the Encore line has now reissued Omega Supreme, Metroplex, and now Fortress Maximus. Where's Trypticon and Scoponok?! Those were my favorite TF's I had as a kid, I hope they get around to reissuing them!
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)