Thread: MOTUC custom Blizzlor

Hybrid View

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar

MOTUC custom Blizzlor

So this guy was quite a bit of trial and error, at first I thought I could just bleach his fur at least an off white yellowish but it didn't work. I soaked his fur in bleach for an entire day and it barely took any of the color out, so I knew I would have to go to the fabric store. Luckily I found exactly what I needed. After carefully taking the fur off, I measured and recreated the pattern of the fur on the torso and head. In order to prevent the fabric shedding when I cut it (as a lot of fabric does) I actually used a soldering iron to 'cut' it out, thus burning the edges ever so slightly and making it so the hairs wouldn't just rub off. It worked a lot better than expected! So I sewed the sides to fit the figure and then hot glued the bottom, near the crotch to finish.
    The idea of an arctic yeti type Grizzlor was an original of mine, but COTU had done a fully flocked white Moss Man a while back with the name Blizzlor. I tried, and I knew there was no way I could top that name, ever. And it was freaking perfect! So with permission, they let me use the name Blizzlor. He is one of my favorites now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Excellent idea and fantastic figure! Now I wanna make one in vintage form for my collection.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I am without words...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

WOW, awesome! That worked out great! Fantastic, as always.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I, too, instantly knew I wanted to make a vintage-style custom of this character when I saw him at Powercon!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

That's too cool. And it really hits me on a vintage-toy kind of level. I can see a redeco guy like this having ben done like Stinkor and Moss-Man, and you went ahead and gave him his "200X" head and lower limbs. There's a whole imaginary toy history wrapped up in this guy. And in my head! Flawlessly executed.