Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man/BC Combo MATTY SALE!!! [10/12/2012 ONLY]

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Only bad thing is that it looks like they're already packed and nothing else can be added as it says that they'll be shipped together in a single box. May be I'm misinterpreting things, but that's how it sounds to me.

Which then means, that you'll end up paying the FULL shipping amount on *each* set as there's nothing to combine if it's already packed in 2 per box.

Works great if you only buy one set, but no so much for 2+. Can't complain with the base price of the items themselves however.
    I think they were just clariffying that these will be each in a seperate box, and not a 2 pack. They should all ship together if you order more than one set.

Heroic Warrior
    Well...at least this will save me some money...I already have two He Mans and two Battle Cats...It's a great deal just don't another.

I think it's a great idea to get people into motu for two of the main figures. I agree that skeletor and battle cat should of been done as well.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Yeah, if they did Skele & Panthor and BP She-Ra with Swifty I'd probably get those too.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Fun way to celebrate his birthday!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Awww...cool deal but I wish they'd do Skeletor and Panthor too.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Cool, I may have to try to get this deal for my son, that way I can keep a MOSC He-Man for him, because he already has one he plays with.

A couple other options would be....

Skeletor & Panthor set for $30

He-Man & Skeletor set for $20

He-Man & Battlecat with Skeletor & Panthor for $60
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I think they were just clariffying that these will be each in a separate box, and not a 2 pack. They should all ship together if you order more than one set.

It really depends. I wouldn't be surprised either way although I'm leaning to-wards the way I mentioned before.

Only because not only does it sound that way *at least to me* but they do state that they have *limited quantities available.* Meaning that these seem to be set aside boxed up and ready to go.

Sure...I know they always state that as part of the discloser, but it just sounds like they actually went in to their He-Man/Battle Cat stock, took out a certain amount and then boxed the two up as a pack in one box.

They did the same thing for the Matty packs. Whether you ordered 1 or 100 *each* pack was it's own box, so if you ordered 100 packs you got 100 boxes. No items and *I think* shipping were ever combined outside of the designated pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    This too.

They really need a "put it on my monthly Matty tab" option. Instead we have to buy a Weapons Pak alone and the overpriced shipping and handling will just about double it's actual retail price.

If they had a "add this to my monthly Matty tab" option for subscribers, I'm sure they'd sell a lot more extra stuff. I hate paying for shipping even when the cost and wait time is reasonable.
    I WISH they had the pile of loot type option you describe. For subscribing, that should be something we are given as a courtesy. People would buy a lot more.

As someone who collects MOTUC & DCUC & JLU, I often deal with double shipping... especially since there has been a new JLU three-pack every month for the past 3 months, and will be the rest of the year.

I hate paying all that extra money for NOTHING. Yes, it's for shipping, but it's also for "handling," and that just burns.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That's my point. Mattel announces things with no time to prepare. If I would have known about the All-Star figures that are going on sale on the 15th, I would have been prepared to get them. But since I wasn't aware that Matty would have them on the site, I have to let those things pass by unless I can get some more hours at my job. While I don't need to get He-Man AND Battlecat, this is yet another surprise sale with little time to prepare.

I know they were trying to coordinate this with the birthday, but they are marketing it to people who NEED to prepare, as this is one of the most expensive months this year.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I feel like a hoarder but I am going to grab 3 sets I think. It's just too good of a deal to pass up. And now I can make the green tiger tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    It really depends. I wouldn't be surprised either way although I'm leaning to-wards the way I mentioned before.

Only because not only does it sound that way *at least to me* but they do state that they have *limited quantities available.* Meaning that these seem to be set aside boxed up and ready to go.

Sure...I know they always state that as part of the discloser, but it just sounds like they actually went in to their He-Man/Battle Cat stock, took out a certain amount and then boxed the two up as a pack in one box.

They did the same thing for the Matty packs. Whether you ordered 1 or 100 *each* pack was it's own box, so if you ordered 100 packs you got 100 boxes. No items and *I think* shipping were ever combined outside of the designated pack.
    I really don't think so. This is to avoid people complaining about it not being a two pack when they get it in hand.

I.... wish.... He-Man.... sells out completely & that would make a path for........

He-Man 2.0 !
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Thats awesome!

I almost wish I didn't have them already!

Not a bad deal at all.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    You would think they would have this on the 15th so people could save shipping.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I would have purchased this, but I refuse to pay shipping and "Handling" charges, as well as tax in those charges THREE times in one month to Digital River.

It's ridiculous at this point that customers don't matter to Mattel enough for them to insist that Digital River combine shipping for subscribers on day of and sub items.

I'm paying shipping & handling on my Sub items, and on my day-of items.

I won't do it again.

Sad.
    ^This exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Lol. One would think that if it were anyplace else but Matty. They're trying to get you to buy some of their other slow moving essentials while you're there.

Here's hoping for another early availability glitch.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    this is a great deal! I'm down.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Would be worth investing in....if I didn't already have a second run He-Man. /facepalm.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That's my point. Mattel announces things with no time to prepare. If I would have known about the All-Star figures that are going on sale on the 15th, I would have been prepared to get them. But since I wasn't aware that Matty would have them on the site, I have to let those things pass by unless I can get some more hours at my job. While I don't need to get He-Man AND Battlecat, this is yet another surprise sale with little time to prepare.
    Not to sound like a *** but how much time do you need? I think a week is plenty of time. I will definitely be getting one or two sets...
    Last edited by mkpat; October 6, 2012 at 08:22am.
    My post count just got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I would have purchased this, but I refuse to pay shipping and "Handling" charges, as well as tax in those charges THREE times in one month to Digital River.

It's ridiculous at this point that customers don't matter to Mattel enough for them to insist that Digital River combine shipping for subscribers on day of and sub items.

I'm paying shipping & handling on my Sub items, and on my day-of items.

I won't do it again.

Sad.
    Exactly! They seem to not consider the substantial cost of shipping. While it may be "separate" to them, to the purchaser, it's part if the cost of the item. Their order numbers for this set may very well have doubled if they allowed combined shipping with at least the DOS items.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Not to sound like a *** but how much time do you need? I think a week is plenty of time. I will definitely be getting one or two sets...
    That's all good if you have the money for these sudden purchases.

Some people get paid every two weeks. Others get paid every month. These fans plan their purchases a month or a few ahead of time.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Then how would DR be able to scam people into overpaying more on shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Um, some people get payed biweekly, some bimonthly, not everyone gets paid every week, and some people have bills due at different times of the month, a week to prepare for an unexpected sale of toys is not a lot of time, great for those who have a constant amount in their bank account....not for others.

Just because one persons ability to have expendable cash at any given moment is there, doesn't mean everyone's is. Plus, there is a lot of figures on the 15th many likely have already committed to, sub or not. I for one am buying 3 figures and the WP....with shipping almost $100....um, I don't have enough cash left to buy figures I already have, even though my son needs him some Battle Cat, but BC is $33, and neither of us really need another regular He-Man.

Not to mention....for some MOTUC is not the only line we collect....
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It is a good deal, but wish I had known when I was getting my He-man about a month and a half ago. I am/was debating Battlecat and Swiftwind (not sure about Panthor), this would have made a great deal since I didn't really want more than one of a figure.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is a pretty good deal, but I'm interested in seeing how much shipping will be.

Well, I'll be taking advantage of this. I have been saving money to buy He-Man, Skeletor, Panthor, Battle Cat for me, and Bubble Power, Original She-Ra (I already bought a Swift Wind) for my daughter. I just hope I can get them ordered in time and not have He-Man and Battle Cat sell out. These will be my first MOTUC purchases, I was going to order them today and came across the sale message, nice timing for me.
    R.I.P.
    Ronald Henry Schwartz
    June 29 1935 - June 23 2005
    I miss you Dad!