Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man/BC Combo MATTY SALE!!! [10/12/2012 ONLY]

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Then how would DR be able to scam people into overpaying more on shipping?
    Yeah, that's what irritates me the most. Just like Black Friday/CyberMonday. It's a way for Matty to appease Digital River and up the per-package fees. I assume that their contract has some arrangement whereas the more shipments DR prepares before the end of this year, the less Mattel has to pay up front next year, or some other such clause. Basically, DR makes a killing on shipping, and wants as many orders as possible.

I think this is a great sale - but just like BF/CM, it's marred by the fact that they are doing it two days before the sale day. Forget shipping with sub figures - I mean, that is quite simply beyond any realm of reality with DR (as it's been nearly a year since the sub page was supposed to be here). But if they had offered this as an add-on to the Day Of purchases people are making (and this month, between a 30th figure and the Weapons Rack, as well as several desirable non-MOTUC items at Matty Collector) I think a lot of us will be buying at least something day of sale. For example, let's say someone has both a regular and a 30th sub - but just want a Weapons Pack. That Weapons pack is going to be close to $30 with shipping - for some weapons/armor that, frankly, mostly should have come with figures we already got anyway.

Now, $30 is a good deal for He-man and Battlecat. No doubt, especially since with the upping prices on existing stock makes that less than Battlecat alone, and at 2013 hiked-up prices, it's a good time to get one. I am sure some will point out that, even with the shipping, it's still a deal. It is.

But the point remains - if they had done this sale on Monday, sale day for all the other products, it would have been an even better deal. And there is absolutely no reason not to, except that they want you to pay extra shipping and up the count of unique packages DR gets to send out and keep extra $ on. That's the ONLY reason for the sale to be scheduled this way.

Now, that they are doing it all actually is another notch on the "I'm wary" scale, because they obviously want to unload some He-man and Battlecats, which undoubtedly have been the largest batches of figure / beast respectively that they ever have done. Some people think the Grayskull pre-order is good news for the line - but the more I see it, the more I think it's the swan song ("we might as well give a pre-order a try, no risk on our part, it's now or never").

I hope that is not the case. But I can't help but think "I've got a bad feeling about this".

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Not to sound like a *** but how much time do you need? I think a week is plenty of time. I will definitely be getting one or two sets...
    When your first paycheck is not until Nov 30th, you need A LOT of time to save.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Well I already have He-Man, so this sale is useless to me. I have no desire for a second He-Man, and no one to trade it with. It would have been nice if the "Birthday Sale" was a little more flexible like 1 Beast/1 Core Character (He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak, King Hiss), then I would bite.

If this order is not being combined with the other figures being released just 3 days later and requires more seperate shipping charges, well then, this birthday sale is a huge load of (insert punishable word here)

A BOGO (buy one, get one) sale would also be nice. Then I would buy 4 figures.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; October 10, 2012 at 01:35pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Well I already have He-Man, so this sale is useless to me. I have no desire for a second He-Man, and no one to trade it with. It would have been nice if the "Birthday Sale" was a little more flexible like 1 Beast/1 Core Character (He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak, King Hiss), then I would bite. Or a BOGO sale (buy one, get 1) sale.[/I][/U]
    I would have loved a Swifty/She-ra combo. I already have quite a few She-ra's loose to have in different combinations, and even a few still in storage sealed should I need more parts, but I'd definitely have gotten another set of them at that price.

I am relatively new to the the MOTUC game and a customizer, so this deal is appealing to me. I don't know if i need multiple BattleCats, but i can always use extra He-men. I, too, wish the deal would have been on Skelly/Panthor and BP She-Ra/Swiftwind as well. I have been debating getting BP She-Ra for a little while now.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I asked about the shipping prices...
    And that's what they told me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital River Of Inefficiency
    Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
    You will only determine the shipping amount once the figures are already added to your shopping caart.
    We are also unable to privide you with the exact shipping cost
    Wow! Thank you for all this informations!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

For anyone wondering, I just put a Battle Cat and a He-Man in my cart. It was $12.55 s/h to Ohio. So that's $42.55 for BC and HM, if you get them during the sale.

To be honest, I'm tempted to get a pair... just in case we get enough pre-orders for a MOTUC Castle Grayskull!

I have these ones, but I'm tempted because this seems to be a cheap way to get a couple bases for customs...

I have 0 interest in contacting TG and asking that he make adjustments to the sale. Maybe someone here with a little more passion, could zip him a message/email and say "Thanks, but why not extent it. to other figures and make it a big deal."

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I have these ones, but I'm tempted because this seems to be a cheap way to get a couple bases for customs...
    Me too. That's exactly what I am going to do.

Widget
    Back in the day I had He-man, Beast Man, Skeletor and got out because I couldn't see myself buying ALL figures.
    However, I would love to get a few of the basics and think I am going to start with this pair and maybe Hordak, because he is bad a$$.

I am contmplating ordering 2 sets for customs as well. Seems like a money saver.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Shipping to the UK is $28, so almost the cost of the set, seems pretty steep. Maybe I won't be getting a Battlecat after all.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Shipping to the UK is $28, so almost the cost of the set, seems pretty steep. Maybe I won't be getting a Battlecat after all.
    i told a co-worker of mine about the sale. the sale is good for him. he only wants the 2 figures and has no interest in getting others.

With this being a celebratory sale, do you think it possible that they might include something special with the shipment (say a map or all 3 mini comics)?

I can dream can't I

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Lousy timing with sale day being monday. I'm getting a weapons pack on monday, and would have gotten the combo had the shipping been combined with my weapons. It will not. As such, they missed out on a sale.

As it is, I'm still wholly underwhelmed with DR's shipping options and execution. I have made it a practice to pay a little more for UPS in hopes of getting my package a little faster. Then I order DB Skeletor on the 20th (thursday) and they can't get him to the shipping facility for four days (the following monday). It took them nearly as long to get my figure from their warehouse (4 days) as it did to DRIVE it from Sparks, NV to my home in Maryland. That is absolutely NOT worth $8.70. I absolutely will NOT overpay twice in three days for that lousy service.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I have a question for all you mattycollector pros out there. As stated previously, I am going to be ordering a He-Man and Battle Cat on sale tomorrow to start my collection but was also going to get a couple of other figures, both for myself and my daughter (She-Ra, BP She-Ra, Skeletor, Panthor). My question is should I order the others on the same HM/BC order or do you think they will go on a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale?
    R.I.P.
    Ronald Henry Schwartz
    June 29 1935 - June 23 2005
    I miss you Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by lowbrass View Post
    I have a question for all you mattycollector pros out there. As stated previously, I am going to be ordering a He-Man and Battle Cat on sale tomorrow to start my collection but was also going to get a couple of other figures, both for myself and my daughter (She-Ra, BP She-Ra, Skeletor, Panthor). My question is should I order the others on the same HM/BC order or do you think they will go on a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale?
    There is no rhyme or reason as to why they pull or put things up for sale ... if you want it, get it. But don't hold out for a sale, because its becoming less likely those things will happen as their in stock stuff depletes.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    There is no rhyme or reason as to why they pull or put things up for sale ... if you want it, get it. But don't hold out for a sale, because its becoming less likely those things will happen as their in stock stuff depletes.
    That is what I was thinking. Thanks! Love your avatar by the way!
    R.I.P.
    Ronald Henry Schwartz
    June 29 1935 - June 23 2005
    I miss you Dad!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Regarding the He-man reissue figure: has anyone bought a reissue recently? Have his eyebrows been corrected?

I have a reissue He-man (IIRC it was the first reissue) and his eyebrows are terrible. They are painted on higher on his forehead than where his actual eyebrows are supposed to be.
    Is that something Mattel corrected in later He-man reissues, or will I end up with another He-man that looks like he shaves his eyebrows & draws them back in after he's had a few too many drinks?

So, I take it that the 12:01 AM ET start time is a typo since this is currently NOT for sale and it's just after 12:01 AM ET? Is it supposed to really be PM? Can they not get ANYTHING right?

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    So, I take it that the 12:01 AM ET start time is a typo since this is currently NOT for sale and it's just after 12:01 AM ET? Is it supposed to really be PM? Can they not get ANYTHING right?
    I think there was a clarification that it was supposed to be Pacific Time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post

No they cant, im waiting myself....
    One shot..and thats all

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So are we expecting it to go on sale in 3 hours (AM time) or 15 hours (PM time)? This would be the added confusion that Matty adds because they can't put up a simple accurate time or correct it once it's been found it was incorrect.

Didn't the extend the sale for subs until 11:59 PM PT giving them an extra 3 hours for sales? Maybe that is what they were going for? Either way they found a way to mess things up again.