Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Man/BC Combo MATTY SALE!!! [10/12/2012 ONLY]

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    They did mess up....in the Qand A TG said times are in Pacific so 12:01 AM Pacific (so 2 and a half hrs from now)

This was going to be my first purchase in the classics. Not a good start if they can't proof read their website.

The only thing that is good about the sale starting 3hrs later than we anticipated (as stated on Matty.com), is that I have 3 more hours for one of my TF Energon toys to sell which will give me the cash to be able to order the set! I hate being payday to payday broke! Yuck!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Quote Originally Posted by Vorien79 View Post
    This was going to be my first purchase in the classics. Not a good start if they can't proof read their website.
    I feel the same way.
    R.I.P.
    Ronald Henry Schwartz
    June 29 1935 - June 23 2005
    I miss you Dad!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Well, the site's pretty ancient, and mistakes pop up alot, and the captcha can be frustrating, as is the wait screen at times.......but the toys are amazing

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    The only thing that is good about the sale starting 3hrs later than we anticipated (as stated on Matty.com), is that I have 3 more hours for one of my TF Energon toys to sell which will give me the cash to be able to order the set! I hate being payday to payday broke! Yuck!
    You've got me rethinking my decision to sell my MOTUC. I'm seriously considering buying this set. I never had Battle Cat. Maybe we'll see a Skeletor/Panthor set next?

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpumpkin View Post
    You've got me rethinking my decision to sell my MOTUC. I'm seriously considering buying this set. I never had Battle Cat. Maybe we'll see a Skeletor/Panthor set next?
    That would be cool. I only need Panthor at this point tho. Even tho I already have re-issue He-Man and a Battle Cat in the mail, I still wanted a 2nd set as my son is starting to become interested in these. We watch some of the old cartoons every so often.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Well, I got 1205am and still not available. What is wrong with these people?

Time stamp on this post is 1201, I guess I will stay up a little longer.

The clock strikes and it STILL isn't up!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Glad I waited an extra 3hrs after working a 16hr shift today for this to still not be on sale...

I'm getting 12:05 in Pacific time, but you're right, it still says "COMING SOON" in those little red letters...

This was going to be my first MOTU toy purchase since I was a kid. I was going to start my collection with this, but now I'm not sure if it's worth it...

Is it always this inconsistent?

Wait? Why am I up late again? Oh yeah... to buy this two pack, but it's still not for sale even though it's past due to be on sale.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Yeah, I asked on Matty if they meant ET like the post says or PT. I thought it was kinda snotty about how they always start PT, now here it is and still not up..this is just the kind of disrespect Matty affords its fans and customers.

- - - Updated - - -

This is just ****ing stupid. I cant believe that I waited up this late, trusting that Matty would honor its word..just one time. These guys suck ass. I have to get up at 5am to work a 10 hour shift. I cant wait around all night for these clowns. I am ******...again. Whats new.

I too waited up an extra 3 hours even though I have to leave for work at 5 am (Central time) and have an hour commute. I guess these things could go up any time? Knowing my luck, they sell out after I go to bed and before I can order them.
    R.I.P.
    Ronald Henry Schwartz
    June 29 1935 - June 23 2005
    I miss you Dad!

I'm judging from the colorful responses that this isn't uncommon..

Holy Moley... at least I used the excuse to finish an essay while I was staying up late, but it's quarter after two over here and I'm not gonna get much sleep now. This is common?

I'm disappointed to say the least.

Still holding...
    Take it easy,
    Drew

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Quote Originally Posted by lowbrass View Post
    Knowing my luck, they sell out after I go to bed and before I can order them.
    This is the main reason I'm still up as well.

Does that happen a lot? It seems kind of like it would..

Ya know, why am I getting the sinking sensation that this is going to end up going on sale at 12:01 PM PT instead of AM? They got the Time Zone listed wrong on the website, why not AM vs PM???
    Take it easy,
    Drew

darthdrew13's B/S/T

3.75 hours watching the prize from the ALLEGED time of availability and still no love!! ***!!! Current time 1:47am Mountain Time here in Abq NM. on Oct 12th!!!

Widget
    I had pretty much stopped collecting MOTU/ POP, but after reading about this I thought that maybe I'd buy this set - if S/H to Canada wasn't crazy - after all, what an awesome deal, and surely a memorable box set (!) BUT I'm wondering if this isn't a sign to save my money. It's almost 1am PT, and I too am wondering if they'll say they meant 12PM PT; if so, then I would hope they would offer the deal a full 24 hours - of course, it'll probably sell out before that, not to mention find a place several times the asking price on eBay shortly thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorien79 View Post
    Neitlich and co. are very sloppy when it comes to the fine details. I'm pretty cross too since I'm a UK customer and waited up until the wee small hours for no good reason.

Still nothing.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Okay...by now I'll just assume that they meant Noon PT.
    Meow!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by JProctor666 View Post
    Okay...by now I'll just assume that they meant Noon PT.
    I'm thinking 12:00PM Eastern time.

Either way it's just sad that Matty/DR continue down this path.
    I really think Mattel should just stick to selling through Retail shops and OTHER online vendors.
    Matty Collector/DR just has so many issues.

I also waited up and lost a lot of sleep for nothing!!!

Wow, this sucks. This was to also be my first purchase of MotUC. Now, I'm at work and still don't see it available. It's getting to the point where I don't think I want it anymore. Man, this gets me mad...
    "Everything comes to he who waits."