Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: He-Man/BC Combo MATTY SALE!!! [10/12/2012 ONLY]

I was going to get two of these sets for my two boys but we have to go out of town the rest of the day till tomorrow. So, since Matty can't get their ducks in a row... their loss.
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

I stayed up too, just checked again now after waking up and still nothing. At this point I don't care if I get a few for customs.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

This is absurd. My brother was up last night to buy his first MOTUC for his son and just wasted his time. Now I will be constantly checking today to buy them for him... I think at this point Mattel just needs to shift it to Monday at the monthly sell time after giving us the run around today. Then I can combine shipping with my day of sales....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Well you can buy them now. I just hit them up for 2!!!
    My post count just got bigger.

Wow, He-Man is having a lousy birthday so far. Mattel is losing out on a lot of their promotion of this. I've told non-toy people about this hoping they will buy for their kids or as one-off (to start with at least) collectible but now those people are going to confused as to why this isn't on sale and just give up. Lost out on good promotion.

Scott should really have a big red phone direct to DR on all sale days (and he should be watching the site to know when to use the bat-phone)

Well...it's FINALLY up, I just inished placing my order!
    Meow!

Just placed my brother's order!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Heroic Warrior
    Finally up! Ordered 3!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by She-Ro View Post
    I had pretty much stopped collecting MOTU/ POP, but after reading about this I thought that maybe I'd buy this set - if S/H to Canada wasn't crazy - after all, what an awesome deal, and surely a memorable box set (!) BUT I'm wondering if this isn't a sign to save my money. It's almost 1am PT, and I too am wondering if they'll say they meant 12PM PT; if so, then I would hope they would offer the deal a full 24 hours - of course, it'll probably sell out before that, not to mention find a place several times the asking price on eBay shortly thereafter.
    Just to make sure you know it is not a special 2-pack, but a special price on the individually boxed figures. So they will each come in there own individual packages shipped together.

Widget

Happy Birthday, big guy.

Brings back memories of playing outside after school with my friends. We loved the Masters of the Universe action figures.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY.jpg

Snappy Threader
    Just got mine. At first I was afraid such a great deal would fly fast, but it appears they have plenty to sell.

OK, I just bought it. I also ordered a Wind Raider and Skeletor. Shipping for all that was only $15. I figure this will be my Christmas gift to me (maybe even birthday).

It's also the first time I ever bought a MotUC item.

Happy Birthday He-Man!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    OK, I just bought it. I also ordered a Wind Raider and Skeletor. Shipping for all that was only $15. I figure this will be my Christmas gift to me (maybe even birthday).

Happy Birthday He-Man!
    First time? You won't be sorry they are very cool.

Heroic Warrior
    It's an honor to share MY birthday with the great He-Man, I will treat myself to another He-Man/Battlecat set!

Yeah, Happy Birthday He-Man. He finally showed up to his own party! Apparently 1201 AM ET = 700 AM PT in Matty Universe. Oh well, cant cry over lost sleep now.

$28 shipping (normal way) to France for a combo set

Happy Birthday He-Man!

everything you bought is awesome, the wind raider is a piece of art! as is Battlecat I am sure in hand you will be more than blown away by them. esp the size of em!
    Last edited by krosfyah; October 12, 2012 at 11:15am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    $28 shipping (normal way) to France for a combo set
    And it's easy to understand why...
    those a$$es at DR made it so when you put the pack in your basket it counts as THREE items..shipping fees get higher as a consequence..
    There's really no limit to these guys incompetence....they really should have been left out of the the birthday party...

krosfyah and iron_pride:

Thanks guys! I've held out for years from buying these, but I finally broke down! My local comic store has a bunch of them and I've drooled over them for a while, but this sale was too good to pass up!

My wife is on my case, since I do have a total of 13 He-Mans and 6 Skeletors from the vintage and 200x lines, and she's like "Why do you need another He-Man and Skeletor?" But, this sale finally won me over!

Now, I just have to convince her to get a third Castle Grayskull! (at $300 it won't be easy)
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

krosfyah and iron_pride:

Thanks guys! I've held out for years from buying these, but I finally broke down! My local comic store has a bunch of them and I've drooled over them for a while, but this sale was too good to pass up!

My wife is on my case, since I do have a total of 13 He-Mans and 6 Skeletors from the vintage and 200x lines, and she's like "Why do you need another He-Man and Skeletor?" But, this sale finally won me over!

Now, I just have to convince her to get a third Castle Grayskull! (at $300 it won't be easy)
    No problem man, I love seening people enjoying good toys! I feel you on the grayskull thing, it's gonna be hard but I have to get it! just saving $20 a week SHOULDN'T be difficult, in 15 weeks I'm golden.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Snappy Threader
    krosfyah and iron_pride:

Hey this is the best line ever in my opinion. Every single release has been cool, and Battle Cat and Wind Raider have got to be two of the best if not the two best releases of the entire line. Enjoy! You will be hooked. You had better come up with a way to explain it to your wife, because once you are in, there is no getting out.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm tempted to order this because while I already have a couple of Battle Cats and a few He-Mans (He-Men?), I've been wanting to get the reissue of Battle Cat with the neck issue resolved, and I wouldn't mind just having a spare He-Man. But the shipping is what kills it for me. Between tax and shipping, it's about an extra $15 over the cost of the figures. My subs are renewing, which have their own shipping charge, and then come Monday I will be ordering some weapons packs, which will be another separate shipping charge. If I could combine He-Man and Battle Cat with the weapons packs, it wouldn't be so bad. But the sale will be over by then. I can understand starting the sale today for the exact anniversary date, but why not let it go at least through Monday to let people save on shipping? By now they know that this is a big issue for a lot of people. Why do they keep doing these surprise sales mere days before a regular sale, but leave no room at all for any crossover, and therefore now way for people to save on shipping? These things are not well thought out.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Completely blanked on this sale, but happened to log into the Org at about 11:50... snagged my Battle Cat and He-Man set! Happy Birthday, MOTU

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    And it's easy to understand why...
    those a$$es at DR made it so when you put the pack in your basket it counts as THREE items..shipping fees get higher as a consequence..
    There's really no limit to these guys incompetence....they really should have been left out of the the birthday party...
    Oh boy , those .... I won´t buy it cause 28$ uninsured shipping is too much. Excuse me i have to hit my head against the wall now.

Is there always a problem adding things to the cart? I have been trying to add she-ra and skeletor to the cart and they aren't showing up...

-update-
    Skeletor has been added but She-Ra 1.0 won't get in the cart! This was the whole reason I started looking into MOTUC! So my daughter could have a She-Ra and Swift Wind figure!
    Last edited by lowbrass; October 12, 2012 at 01:38pm.
    R.I.P.
    Ronald Henry Schwartz
    June 29 1935 - June 23 2005
    I miss you Dad!