Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: He-Man/BC Combo MATTY SALE!!! [10/12/2012 ONLY]

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    $28 shipping (normal way) to France for a combo set
    Yes, equal to spain. The deal is not as good.

I tested to combine panthor and he-man, and both packaged 15$ to spain. So, something strange with 30th anniversary pack

he-man + battle cat 30$ + 28.80$ ship = 58.80$
    he-man 22$ + panthor 33$ + 15.14$ ship = 70.14$

If you combine he-man and battlecat, without the pack the ship is 28.80$, does battlecat bigger than panthor?, jaja

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    And it's easy to understand why...
    those a$$es at DR made it so when you put the pack in your basket it counts as THREE items..shipping fees get higher as a consequence..
    There's really no limit to these guys incompetence....they really should have been left out of the the birthday party...
    No, that's not the problem. As i said, if you brought the two items separately, (2 items in the basket), the ship is 28$

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    BC shipping always was $20 , and Panthor shipping $10. I'm sure it's because BC sells more. Thanks DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I'm tempted to order this because while I already have a couple of Battle Cats and a few He-Mans (He-Men?), I've been wanting to get the reissue of Battle Cat with the neck issue resolved, and I wouldn't mind just having a spare He-Man. But the shipping is what kills it for me. Between tax and shipping, it's about an extra $15 over the cost of the figures. My subs are renewing, which have their own shipping charge, and then come Monday I will be ordering some weapons packs, which will be another separate shipping charge. If I could combine He-Man and Battle Cat with the weapons packs, it wouldn't be so bad. But the sale will be over by then. I can understand starting the sale today for the exact anniversary date, but why not let it go at least through Monday to let people save on shipping? By now they know that this is a big issue for a lot of people. Why do they keep doing these surprise sales mere days before a regular sale, but leave no room at all for any crossover, and therefore now way for people to save on shipping? These things are not well thought out.
    wait, reissue BC has a different neck???
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    That nonsense is no problem for me. I just don´t buy it

Thought I'd celebrate He-Man's birthday and buy the Party Pak. Heck, why not two!

Add to cart. Select shipping method....

Empty cart. Close browser.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Well, I was shocked to see $55.00 shipping for two sets to India !

But then, birthday of He-Man has won me ! Besides, BC is ALWAYS going having that filthy shipping fees (even on BF/CM sale I guess), so, I’ve took a chance.......
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

I wanted to get this deal for extra display options, but after I saw the $49 tag after shipping and taxes! I said: No thanks... And I live right here in San Francisco CA.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by paulioscorchio View Post
    Thought I'd celebrate He-Man's birthday and buy the Party Pak. Heck, why not two!

Add to cart. Select shipping method....

Empty cart. Close browser.
    Those crazy rip-off shipping charges for Battle Cat have always been there:

Any day: 1 Battle Cat ($33) + S&H ($22.10 [BC's crazy S&H to E.U.]) = $55.10
    Any day: 1 Battle Cat ($33) + 1 He-Man ($22) + S&H ($28.45 [BC + 2nd figure]) = $83.45

Today only: 1 Battle Cat & He-Man ($30) + S&H ($28.45 [BC + 2nd figure]) = $58.45

That's a $25 discount from the regular BC+HM+S&H price. That's to say, yes, you'll still be nominally paying the same crazy S&H you would inevitably have to pay for Battle Cat anyway, but today you can get a He-Man figure with it for just $3.35 more (and use it for customizing, or sell off eBay for $25+).

To me, that still looks like a good deal. Especially since I was on the very brink of finally buying a Battle Cat (which I had been delaying for months because of the crazy S&H rate on this particular item) on the same day that Matty happened to announce the Party Pak.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    wait, reissue BC has a different neck???
    I think the inner workings were better/improved. In general the first run of Battle Cat had the problem where the head was too heavy and the neck couldn't support it and it would fall and droop instead of staying in place. From what I understand, this was fixed on the reissue.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I wanted to get this deal for extra display options, but after I saw the $49 tag after shipping and taxes! I said: No thanks... And I live right here in San Francisco CA.
    How the heck is this possible? I ordered 3 sets shipped to Kentucky and shipping was $16.50 total!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Otatum View Post
    How the heck is this possible? I ordered 3 sets shipped to Kentucky and shipping was $16.50 total!!!!!!!
    $14.95 shipping plus tax comes to $48.77 almost $49

The only happy birthday is surely to Mattel/DR for this crap. How can international shipping be virtually double for this set, compared to a purchase of a figure and Panthor?? Why the price gouging on Battle Cat??

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    The only happy birthday is surely to Mattel/DR for this crap. How can international shipping be virtually double for this set, compared to a purchase of a figure and Panthor?? Why the price gouging on Battle Cat??
    I tried to have an answer from Digital River they keep talkin' about somethin' else!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    Did you check how much they charge for a figure + Battle Cat outside of the Party Pak? I tell you: exactly the same as with the Party Pak. The price gouging on Battle Cat's S&H is nothing new. DR has been scandalously overcharging it since long ago, and Toyguru's answer to people directly enquirying him about this issue was, as usual, a non-answer. How much they charge customers for shipping Battle Cat [$22.10 to E.U.] as opposed to shipping Panthor [$9.95 to E.U.] is not something within his concern, apparently.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I tried to have an answer from Digital River they keep talkin' about somethin' else!
    Absolutely!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    $14.95 shipping plus tax comes to $48.77 almost $49
    forgot about the tax!

Broke down and bought 3. Now I can finally make a battle lion.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I could not resist. I picked up a set of He-Man and Battle Cat for my nephew that lives in Chi-town. He is 2, but will be ready in a year or so to get hooked on MOTU!!!

Well I am annoyed. I just ordered the He-Man/Battle Cat pack (which is great) but I was going to order a ton of more figures to save on shipping. The link to She-Ra 1.0, (the whole reason I even started to save up some money for some of these, my daughter LOVES She-Ra/Swiftwind) wasn't working. I ended up just getting HM/BC and holding off on everything else so I can save money on shipping once they get the She-Ra link fixed. So much for saving on shipping. On the the flip side, I am PUMPED about getting He-Man and Battle Cat, my first MOTUC!!!!
    R.I.P.
    Ronald Henry Schwartz
    June 29 1935 - June 23 2005
    I miss you Dad!

It's an hour past the deadline and they are STILL up! Guess that they are up for a full 24 hrs? Or more?

What will SUCK is if they are still up Monday afternoon.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    It's an hour past the deadline and they are STILL up! Guess that they are up for a full 24 hrs? Or more?

What will SUCK is if they are still up Monday afternoon.
    I went ahead and tried adding them to my cart, but it keeps telling me your cart is empty! Looks like the sale actually has ended, although the site still says they're available!

Seriously, it should be over now, but it still says you can add it to your cart but then says your cart is empty after you add it. Digital River is so mess up it is not funny. Sale doesn't start on time, it ends when ever and then it still says its available to add to your cart to buy but doesn't add. ***?!?

Court Magician
    scariest part is when I went to pay...all my credit card info came up even after I removed it from a purchase I made 4 months ago. Theyre outsourcing their webwork...cut costs all over..digital river or whatever is probably not even controlled here in the U.S.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    He-Man is gone.

He's sold out and Mattel won't make more of him. Maybe we'll see a He-Man 2.0...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He-Man is gone.

He's sold out and Mattel won't make more of him. Maybe we'll see a He-Man 2.0...
    I think it's GREAT news.

I'm sure another one will be done with the new hand - the sale and then the showing of the new hand-type makes perfect sense. I'm rather sure we will see a new He-man (hopefully with a Filmation head!) sometime next year, outside of the sub.