Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Depressed over She-ra not returning to Eternia with Adam.

Heroic Warrior

Depressed over She-ra not returning to Eternia with Adam.

I don't know how to stop being sad and crying over She-ra not returning to be with her family.

It was one of the tragedies of my childhood.

It scarred me.
    Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    It's a good thing. Because if Adora returned to Eternia with Adam, Hordak would have taken over Etheria and made all of her friends (plus the population of the planet) into slaves.

Heroic Warrior

Didn't the farewell scene at the end of "Secret of the Sword" just break your heart?

She-ra flying away on Swiftwind and the tear rolling down from He-man's eye was a really, really sad ending.

Family togetherness is important.

I still cry when I think of all the family relationship that Adam and Adora were robbed of. Their parents will never have their daughter living with them in the palace.

How could Filmation write such a tragedy. They didn't even have the Horde defeated and Adora going back to Eternia to reunite with her brother and parents. They just ended the show, leaving me depressed and sad for the rest of my life.

I was deeply wounded and scarred by this experience. To this day I'm stilling sobbing and crying inside.
    Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    The real difficult thing for me is that the Sorceress with all her visions didnt stop a baby girl from being kidnapped at all.
    I would say that, that was a good time to hook Adam up with a sword.
    ..the two of them should have had birthday shower presents from GreySkull.

Heroic Warrior

Adora was robbed of a life as a princess

Adora should have been living in the palace in Eternia, as a princess, not in a tent in the Whispering Woods.

She-ra and He-man, with the help of all Eternia could have freed Etheria from the Horde.

Family should stick together.
    Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior

Sad about the ending to "Secret of the Sword"

I want to sue Filmation for emotional suffering and distress.
    Posted from iOS app

Personally I think Adora leaving Eternia after going home to meet her parents adds a lot to her story. She does visit home from that point on occasionally, so she is having semi regular contact with her family which is better than nothing, and she does get a fare bit of time with He-Man in the POP series cross over episodes and various comic book and reading books.

But Etheria is her world, a world she helped to occupy and rule with the horde's iron fist. Going back to help lead the Great Rebellion and free her world with the awesome power of She-Ra speaks volumes of Adora's character and the responsibility she knew was on her shoulders. Her task was much greater than Adams. She-Ra was fighting a war to free a world, He-Man maintained the status quo, defending Grayskull and keeping the evil worriors & snake Men in check.

Adora made a choice to fight for Etheria, putting her needs aside in order to free the enslaved people of her adopted world. She was destined to be much more than a traditional princess, she was always meant to be the mighty She-Ra. I don't think the typical princess life would have held any intrest to her in the long run. She is a higly trained war tactician and a very skilled worrior, arguably equal to Teela if not far surpassing her. I like to think that when Adora returnes home to Eternia she enjoys her princess role and trappings, the dresses, the crowns, jewellery and fancy occasions. But after a while she wants to get back to the action.

I also thought the ending of the Secret of the sword was very emotional, it's the one time we actually see He-Man shead a tear, watching his twin sister fly away....it wasn't a bitter ending but it wasn't a happy one....it was an epic ending. Setting up a story that has touched the hearts of so many fans around the world for over 26 years making She-Ra a total icon just like her brother. Had Filmation just brought her back to Eternia and left her at the palace it would not have done Adora justice IMO. She needed to be the one to help free Etheria, not He-Man and the Heroic worriors. He-Man to me represents the hero we all hope is out there like Superman & Wonder Woman.

She-Ra is a different kind of hero. In the vein of one who has had to beat the darkness within themself in order to come into the light to find their true power, Just Like Xena, Buffy & to some extent Batman. She-Ra represents the Hero we hope is within us all, one who can find the inner strength to turn from the path or darkness in order to become a tower of strength and beacon of hope for others to do the same. Had Adora stayed on Eternia we would not have had the She-Ra we did and she would never have been able to establish herself in her own right as He-Man's equal. That little bit of sadness made She-Ra's story much more compelling and heart wrenching than He-Man's tale. He hasn't suffered in life anywhere near to the extent that She-Ra has, but those themes helped to make Adora's story on Etheria very rich and endeering. :0)

But in the new mini comic series she does indeed go home to Eternia and that is something I am happy to see.
    Last edited by Angel-T; October 6, 2012 at 04:33am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior

I wanted a happy ending for Adora :(

With Adora choosing to stay in Etheria, Hordak won in the sense that he totally ripped her away from her family. Try to see this situation from her mom, dad, and brother's point of view. Her parents didn't get to see their daughter grow up. They had to go through the pain of having her abducted as an infant and be a missing child-----a mother and father's worst nightmare. Then, when she is found she visits for only a little while and then decides to leave them again and this time for good since she's a fully grown adult. How do you think that makes her mom, dad, and brother feel? I think it would make them feel cheated by Hordak, defeated by Hordak. Not only did Hordak take Adora from them as a baby, but now he's permanently taken her away for good. Hordak won because he effectively took Adora away physically, emotionally, mentally and spirtually away from her family. Adora let Hordak change her and consume her, and successfully got her to turn her back on her family----at the beginning against her will as a baby and now by choice as an adult woman. Now that's what I call brainwashing and Hordak is probably laughing with his snorting laugh when he thinks about this because he has seized all of Adora's mind, focus, and attention. Hordak has taken her whole life and shattered her family's spirit and heart.

Quote Originally Posted by dura_grip View Post
    Then, when she is found she visits for only a little while and then decides to leave them again and this time for good since she's a fully grown adult. How do you think that makes her mom, dad, and brother feel?
    Proud. She left to be with her friends who needed her. It's not like they never see each other.

I can't tell if this thread is for real, or a joke.

I agree whiplash...I wasn't sure myself. But I decided to run with it. The thread does raise some great points about the internal neurosis Adora must go through after breaking Shadow Weavers spell. Dura Grip has hit the nail on the head when it comes to looking at the emotions Adora and the other members of the royal family must go through. But the pride they must have felt their daughter would have been overwhelming. It must have raised issues with Adam as well as he has to play the cowardly fool infront of the king and queen to protect He-Man's identity. Adora can just be who she is with her parents, a strong heroic woman, a leader who does not have to belittle herself in order to protect her role as She-Ra.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

This thread belongs on another website. What's it called? "First World Problems"

Heroic Warrior

I feel sad that She-ra was not able to free Etheria from the Horde

Adora was stuck there for the rest of her life, and she was never able to permanently return to Eternia to be with her brother and parents.

It makes the story of She-ra a tragedy, and Adora a tragic character.

She gave up everything and Etheria was never free from the Horde.

And her family back in Eternia lost everything. They waited for her and she never came back to them.

This is a little creepy....

Heroic Warrior
    I was deeply saddened when i saw that movie when it came to video that she would not come back with Adam, i felt like crying and one of the first animated movies to make me felt a little emotional

- - - Updated - - -

I was deeply saddened when i saw that movie when it came to video that she would not come back with Adam, i felt like crying and one of the first animated movies to make me felt a little emotional
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Personally, if I were Adora, I would have returned to Etheria if nothing more than get revenge on the Horde for taking my childhood and family away from me. There would also be the part of me that would want to keep it from happening to another family...
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

She did not go back with Adam becausevshe was desperatly needed on Etheria. But to me, it was not such a sad ending, because Adam and Adora now knew for sure who they were to each other.

Maybe Adora is more of an outdoor girl...??
    Check out my Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power fan comic web series at http://cosmiccomicrealm.weebly.com and leave feedback at my blog http://cosmiccomicrealm.blogspot.ca

Well I know it sounds like it was something that troubled you back in the days but consider this; the idea of her going back symbolizes the concept that in her past as Force Captain she did a lot of wrong to people and she needed to go back to rectify the past crimes, instead of run and hide with her family. A pretty good life lesson to live by and I think that would help in the consolation of why she did it. If she would've stayed it would just teach us that anytime you have a way out from things you've done in your past that it's ok to take it.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior

Adora never got her happily ever after :(

Adora's delicate voice makes me believe she would have made a great princess. She was the epitome of beauty, style, elegance, and refinement. Adora totally fit the mold of a royal princess. I wouldn't have been sad if it was Teela who had to stay in Etheria because she has a rough personality and she's more of a tomboy. But Adora has a natural refinement you could see was meant for the life of a princess. She was meant for bigger and better things. All that was taken from her; she was robbed of her birthright.

Her story is more tragic than even Batman's because she is a girl. And, Batman in the "Dark Knight Rises" got his happily ever after. Adora/She-ra never was able to free Etheria from the Horde, so she never got to go back to Eternia permanently to be with her family.

She-ra was sad at the end of "The Secret of the Sword" even in the face of the happy event of Castle Bright Moon being set free from the Horde because she knew it meant He-man was about to leave. He-man read She-ra's mind and confirmed her sadness by empathically affirming, "You're not going to go back to Eternia with me are you?" The tear rolling down He-man's eye at the end was from sadness that his sister could not return with him.

Morally I would not have had a problem with Adora leaving Etheria because she was stolen away through no fault of her own. She suffered enough.

I don't think I would have felt so bad if He-man would have stayed on Etheria to help She-ra fight the Horde. Together they could have freed Etheria, no question about it. Eternia would have been fine; they were able to drive the Horde out with the combined strength of the royal army and Castle Grayskull.
    Posted from iOS app

BTW, the series established that she goes to visit Eternia from time to time.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    There needed to be no Etheria at all, the story as a whole doesnt need another planet, and baby snatching and Twiggits and ,, and ,, and ,, LOOKIE!!!!

If there was just He-Man and She-Ra all the time, as one story, it would make better sence.
    ..(I'd like to see Skeletor get away with baby snatching.)

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Adora chose between leading a presumably boring life as Eternia's lost Princess who finally found her way back home at the Royal Palace or being a heroine preventing Etheria's inhabitants from becoming captured for good and enslaved for the rest of their lives by the Horde. She was kidnapped by the Horde as a child and taken away from her family, so that she knew no other planet than Etheria, where she had grown up, and inevitably called it home. The world of Etheria is different from Eternia, not only because of the entire environment there, but also caused by the fact that Etheria was invaded by the Horde Empire a long time ago and its regents were overthrown by the Horde invaders so that they were forced to found a rebellion against the terror of Etheria's new ruler Hordak and his minions.

Adora didn't know about her true identity as Eternia's Princess and one of the twins that were prophesied to be heirs to Grayskull and his great power. She grew up as a Horde member, raised by Hordak and Shadow Weaver, controlled by the Horde witch's magic spell, leading a "normal" life at Fright Zone, unaware of what happened to her when she was a baby girl - and unaware of the terror and injustice caused by the Evil Horde.

If He-Man had never appeared on Etheria to give her the Sword of Protection, the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull would never ever have been able to tell Adora who she really was, and she would never ever have heard about and got to know her true family - brother and parents.

Adora decided for a life on Etheria to help the Light Rebellion free the people there from being terrorized by the Hordes of Hordak - and to ensure that someday the beautiful world she called home would gain back its original peace and freedom as well as paradise condition just like once before - long before Hordak and the Evil Horde came there...

Heroic Warrior

Adora should have been allowed to have her own life wishes and dreams fulfilled

The sad fact is that She-ra never did free Etheria from the Horde, so her mission was never fullfilled.

And Adora was never able to pursue and realize her own personal dreams and desires.

She lived out her life as a martyr, never able to return to Eternia to live with her family and have her own wonderful life.

Even the Sorceress said to her, "Come back to us," shedding tears as she hugged Adora goodbye, probably knowing in her heart that Adora wouldn't be coming back to Eternia. And Adora consoling the Sorceress by responding, "I will."

I wish the story was written as Adam being sent by the Sorceress to find his soulmate in Etheria. And instead of Adora being Adam's sister, she could have been the woman he was meant to spend the rest of his life with.

Adam and Adora would have made an awesome power couple. He-man and She-ra looked perfect together. They would have never been alone, whether they stayed in Etheria or went back to Eternia, because they would always have each other. They would have been life partners, had children, and raised the next generation of He-man and She-ra to fight the evil on Etheria and on Eternia.

We wouldn't have been given the awful, deranged, depressing, and sad story line of Hordak stealing baby Adora from the crib. This is disturbing to parents of missing children who can't find their children after years of searching. Imagine how scarring this was to little innocent children. I wish Filmation would have scrapped this idea as not appropriate for little kids and went with a more happy and positive story line like the one I'm suggesting. It would have spared Adam's mother and father from having to endure the pain of their baby daughter being stolen, searching for years and not being able to find Adora, having to give up, being robbed of seeing her grow up, and having to face every day thinking and wondering where their little girl is. Not to mention the tremendous guilt Man-At-Arms and the Sorceress had to have felt every day knowing they let it happen and let Hordak get away, as well as failing to find her.

The show would have gone on longer because I think this family-friendly story line would have been more appealing to little girls. He-man and She-ra, or Adam and Adora, could only hug on the show because they were brother and sister. If they were made to be romantically attracted and drawn to each other (ie. as future husband and wife), they could have kissed each other. Girls would have followed the show more, and the show wouldn't have been cancelled during the second season. It would have probably gone on for several more years, and the series would not have died before the conflict with the Horde could be resolved, and Etheria set free.

And He-man and She-ra could have returned to Eternia, and eventually become King and Queen of Eternia----or just Prince Adam and Princess Adora. Wouldn't that have been great!

The children of the world would have been made very happy. I know I would have cheered.

Personally I am quite fine wih He-Man and She-Ra being brought and sister. Teela was the girl for our golden boy. Just because the Filmation cannon was never wrapped up does not mean that She-Ra would have lived out the rest or her life on Etheria or maybe she did. I just don't see the doom and gloom you are sadly experiencing. MOTUC has attempted to move her story along by She-Ra following Hordak to Eternia and then following Skeletor off to the tri star solar system where she and He-Man will battle the horde empire. Personally I hope and strongly think that She-Ra is the one who takes out Horde Prime. Surely he was the one who masterminded the plan to kidnapp the twins of power, and it was She-Ra's world that had taken the full brunt of the hordes power. Primes butt should be handed to him on a silver platter by the princess of power, much like He-Man should be the one to distroy skeletor if he is not redeemed.