Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Depressed over She-ra not returning to Eternia with Adam.

Heroic Warrior

My heart broke when Hordak took Adora away from her family the second time

When Adora went through the portal back to Eternia with Adam and Cringer, Hordak turned himself into a rocket and made it through the shrinking portal by a split second. He just wouldn't let Adora go. Hordak was obsessed with Adora, in a sick way.

Well, he succeeded once again in kidnapping her, with the help of Skeletor. Adora escaped, but the damage had already been done in Adora's mind.

That's why Adora decided to go back to Etheria. King Randour even asked her if it was Hordak who was responsible for her choosing to leave Eternia by successfully invading the palace to get to her; Adora confirmed that that was the reason. She said that as long as she stayed on Eternia Hordak would come after her and not let her go, and she didn't want to put her loved ones at risk from the Horde.

If Hordak would not have followed Adora to Eternia, Adora would have stayed on Eternia. It was rotten luck that Hordak was able to squeeze through the shrinking portal. It totally changed the course of Adora's life from family togetherness on Eternia back toward permanent separation and tragedy on Etheria. It broke the hearts of Adam and his mom and dad, to be reunited with Adora after all this time only to have her leave again due to Hordak being able to follow her to Eternia. What cruel twist of fate is this that the portal didn't close up before Hordak could reach it.

This made my heart sink. It was frustrating and infuriating. It broke my heart. To think that Hordak, by barely making it through the portal back to Eternia by a split second, was able to draw Adora back to Etheria for good.

Hordak permanently broke up the royal family; this time for good. He got the last laugh.
    Last edited by dura_grip; October 9, 2012 at 05:33pm.

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    we don't know what happened after she went back to etheria... she may have eventually beaten hordak and won over all of etheria for good. then, she'd be free to go wherever she wished. we know that both he-man and she-ra were able to travel between their worlds with the help of the sorceress, so it's not like they never saw each other again.

she-ra/adora knew there was a huge responsibility, and she wasn't going to turn her back on her etherian friends because she was selfishly going back to live with her royal family. she had a higher calling, and she stepped up to it. she didn't let her past overcome her, she used her experiences to make a better life for herself and for everyone around her.

yes, being stolen away was a tragedy, but instead of dwelling on all that, she moved past it and made an incredible difference on etheria.
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Heroic Warrior

Thanks everyone for making me feel better.

I'm sorry for being so negative guys.

You all have helped me to cope.

I'll try to look on the bright side and be more positive.

Thank You

Maybe watching the He-man and She-ra "A Christmas Special" will lift my spirits.
    Last edited by dura_grip; October 12, 2012 at 06:35am. Reason: wrong word
    Posted from iOS app

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Personally I am quite fine wih He-Man and She-Ra being brought and sister. Teela was the girl for our golden boy. Just because the Filmation cannon was never wrapped up does not mean that She-Ra would have lived out the rest or her life on Etheria or maybe she did. I just don't see the doom and gloom you are sadly experiencing. MOTUC has attempted to move her story along by She-Ra following Hordak to Eternia and then following Skeletor off to the tri star solar system where she and He-Man will battle the horde empire. Personally I hope and strongly think that She-Ra is the one who takes out Horde Prime. Surely he was the one who masterminded the plan to kidnapp the twins of power, and it was She-Ra's world that had taken the full brunt of the hordes power. Primes butt should be handed to him on a silver platter by the princess of power, much like He-Man should be the one to distroy skeletor if he is not redeemed.
    @Angel-T: I absolutely agree to your post! Boy, oh boy, dura_grip, it seems like if some kind of childhood trauma forced you to open this thread and write down all your consternation about She-Ra's fate. I love MotUC's canon telling us that She-Ra followed Hordak to Eternia in order to help the meanwhile renegade Masters of the Universe fighting against the Evil Horde and even following Skeletor off to the tri star system to battle and finally defeat the Horde Empire once and for all! Who says that He-Man and She-Ra will never return to their homeworlds, and who says they won't live happily ever after with their darlings Teela and Bow??? What made you think so pessimistic about that??? You shouldn' only take a look at the black side, but also risk a look at the bright side - I'm pretty sure you won't regret it. Feeling too gloomy just gets you down.

Heroic Warrior

Part of me wishes Adora and Adam weren't sister and brother

I really wish He-man and She-ra could get together and be a power couple. They look gorgeous together. They'd be perfect for each other.
    Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    ..but then what would Bow do with all his lovelyness?

she-ra pic 7.png

Heroic Warrior

I need a Classic 80's He-man and She-ra expert

I'm searching for answers that will help me achieve some measure of closure.

What stopped Lou Scheimer and Filmation from completing the story of She-ra? Did Lou just lose interest in the show?

Why wasn't there a complete 65-episode Season 2 of She-ra like there was with He-man? Isn't a complete season produced before it's released (ie. aired). Are the rest of the episodes of She-ra in a vault somewhere, never to be released?

What prevented Filmation from resolving the conflict with the Horde and setting Etheria free, so that Adora could return to her family on Eternia.

He-man alluded to Etheria some day being free from the rule and oppression of the Horde at the end of the episode "The Price of Freedom". Why wasn't this ever realized in the writing.

She-ra told the Sorceress that she would come back to them. Why wasn't she able to keep her promise.

What prevented Filmation from completing the He-man and She-ra canon, and leave Adam and Adora in a good place-----together.
    Last edited by dura_grip; October 9, 2012 at 05:34pm.

Sadly, your trauma singles you out as being rather selfish, weak and immoral person, Adora has been on Etheria all her life, it's all she truly knows and also that she is responsible for a lot of mess and has come about and has realised this, so she takes the hard, yet strong, unselfish and moral choice, to stay behind to try and sort the mess that she has helped cause, rather than just run off to go back to her family. Don't forget, she won't be there forever, just for the meantime and she always gets to see her brother and she can always go and visit her mother and father, so really her staying is the most logical and best decision, she has the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    ..but then what would Bow do with all his lovelyness?

she-ra pic 7.png
    Hmm, he'd probably get together and be a couple with Teela?!

Zentron is right and argued a good point. Another reason for Adora to stay on Etheria is that she wanted to make good all the harm she had caused while serving the Evil Horde. It was her own and free decision to remain on Etheria, and with the Sword of Protection in her possession, she is able to contact the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull and return to Eternia in order to visit her family anytime she wants. And if she is in need, she can also call Adam to Etheria, so what's the problem?

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Whew someone needs to get a (dura)grip

Ok sorry that was mean

In all seriousness, while it is sad that Adora was taken from her parents, her story is so much more than sadness. Despite her past, she chooses to remain on Etheria to free the people from the tyranny of the Horde. Eternia, at least in Filmation is not a world at war. Etheria is a conquered world seeking to free itself from Hordak. Adora chooses to stay there. She is not forced to, that makes the decision even more special.

And it is not like she is lonely or unloved. She has her friends, people she has formed bonds with and grown close to. And it seems really really easy for her to travel back to Eternia, since both she and He-man travel back and forth quite a bit. It is more like she moved "out of state" than she is cut off.

So I don't see this story as a sad one, not by any shape or form. If anything I think that Adora's story is more powerful.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

This thread is starting to sound pretty ridiculous. I won't participate in it anymore, and I will leave it with this heart felt, honest and much needed final statement.

It's just a children's cartoon. In the grand scheme of the universe, it means absolutely nothing. In fact, it means about as much, as this post which suggests just how meaningless it is. Perhaps even less. Get over it.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; October 10, 2012 at 01:59pm.

Heroic Warrior

Sorceress to Adora: "Come back to us." Adora to Sorceress: "I will."

Adora didn't have any real, close, or good friends on Etheria when Adam arrived.

Remember, Adam met Bow, Glimmer, Madame Raz, Broom, Kowl, and the Twiggits and made friends with them while Adora was still part of the Horde.

Adora's friends were Hordak, Shadow Weaver, Katra, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantanna, and Scorpia.

Adam took Adora back to the Whispering Woods. He had barely introduced her to the rebels when they went back to Eternia to meet her real parents, so the rebels weren't really Adora's friends yet. They were Adam and Cringer's friends. Adora hadn't yet had a chance to form close, personal relationships with any of them.

So, when Adora decided to go back to Etheria, she really didn't have any close friends to go back to. The people that really loved her and knew her were on Eternia (Mother, Father, Adam, Man-At-Arms, The Sorceress).

Adora went back because Hordak was able to chase her down to her family's palace on Eternia, and she was afraid of putting her family in danger. Adora realized Hordak would come after her now that he knew where she was. He would never let her live in peace on Eternia.

So the argument that she had good friends that she was close to in Etheria is null and void. All the people she really knew well in Etheria at that time were part of the Horde.

Adora hadn't yet had a chance to forge any real relationships with the rebels when she chose Etheria as her home. Adam did.

As far as my being a selfish, weak, and immoral person, that might be hitting a little too close to home.

I wish Adora and Adam would have gone back to Eternia under the cover of the Whispering Woods where no one could see them leaving. That way Hordak could not have followed them and Adora would have stayed on Eternia, changing the whole course of Adora's life for the better.

In the end you have your views. The cartoon has been written and won't be changing. It sounds like the issues you discuss are important to you, but unfortunately there is no way to change things to get the result that you desired.

Have you considered writing fan fiction? This would allow you to put your vision and the emotions you have into a narrative that expresses them. You may attract some readers that enjoy your writing and that you can discuss things with further.

I know fan-fiction isn't "real" like the cartoon in the sense that it is official media, but honestly MOTU and POP has different "canons" and stories. Heck a lot of people consider the new DC MOTU comic to be fan-fiction that just happens to be sold in comic shops. And I have read some really talented fan fiction that is as great or better than some of the "official" stories out there.

You seem to have some good writing ability based upon your posts, maybe giving some fiction a go would help.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    actaully, adora didn't have any life-long friends on eternia either. remember she was abducted as a baby, so she doesn't know her parents or he-man or the soreress any better than members of the rebellion... but it's never too late to make a good friend; she already has the whole rebellion on her side.
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

I like to think after a permanent victory over The Horde, Adora moved to Eternia to take her rightful place as Princess. I also like to think that travel between the two worlds becomes a lot more stable, so Etheria is only as far as her own backyard and never unprotected.

Heroic Warrior

Do you think "The Secret of the Sword" episodes should have rated 'M' for Mature

And why didn't the Sorceress call on Zodac to help find baby Adora, like she successfully did in the "Searching for He-man" episode when Skeletor banished He-man to another dimension. They were able to find He-man. Why couldn't they do the same for baby Adora?

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngora View Post
    , adora didn't have any life-long friends on eternia either. .
    I can see She-Ra getting along well with TrapJaw.

Quote Originally Posted by dura_grip View Post
    And why didn't the Sorceress call on Zodac to help find baby Adora, like she successfully did in the "Searching for He-man" episode when Skeletor banished He-man to another dimension. They were able to find He-man. Why couldn't they do the same for baby Adora?
    Well she does say that she looked but couldn't find Adora. I assume that she would have tried every option that she could think of.

Adora didn't have any real, close, or good friends on Etheria when Adam arrived.

Remember, Adam met Bow, Glimmer, Madame Raz, Broom, Kowl, and the Twiggits and made friends with them while Adora was still part of the Horde.

Adora's friends were Hordak, Shadow Weaver, Catra, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantanna, and Scorpia.

That was mainly because Adora never got out of the Fright Zone before she met He-Man. While he was captured on Beast Island, she admitted that she had spent most of her youth inside Fright Zone for training and only had little occasion to see the rest of Etheria. Therefore she didn't know about Hordak's tyranny and the rebellion outside that desperately tried to keep the Evil Horde covered. Besides, you shouldn't forget that Adora permanently stood under Shadow Weaver's magic spell which controlled her and just made her execute the orders of Hordak and his witch.

Adam took Adora back to the Whispering Woods. He had barely introduced her to the rebels when they went back to Eternia to meet her real parents, so the rebels weren't really Adora's friends yet. They were Adam and Cringer's friends. Adora hadn't yet had a chance to form close, personal relationships with any of them.

So, when Adora decided to go back to Etheria, she really didn't have any close friends to go back to. The people that really loved her and knew her were on Eternia (Mother, Father, Adam, Man-At-Arms, The Sorceress).

Even her parents and brother didn't really know her, as they had completely missed her childhood when Adora was raised by Hordak and Shadow Weaver. So they didn't know anything about her character and personality. They got to know her slowly and drew near to each other gradually.

Adora went back because Hordak was able to chase her down to her family's palace on Eternia, and she was afraid of putting her family in danger. Adora realized Hordak would come after her now that he knew where she was. He would never let her live in peace on Eternia.

I wish Adora and Adam would have gone back to Eternia under the cover of the Whispering Woods where no one could see them leaving. That way Hordak could not have followed them and Adora would have stayed on Eternia, changing the whole course of Adora's life for the better.

I think Hordak had pursued Adora anywhere she'd gone, no matter if it was Eternia or elsewhere. And if he hadn't seen Adora going through the portal with Adam and followed her, he'd surely tracked her with Shadow Weaver's help. She would never have been secure, nowhere in the entire universe! The Horde Empire would have found Adora everywhere to exact vengeance - in their view, Adora now was the betrayer because she left the Evil Horde and defected to their enemies, the rebels.

Adora hadn't yet had a chance to forge any real relationships with the rebels when she chose Etheria as her home. Adam did.

Not at the beginning, that's right. But after the first battle, the battle for Bright Moon, she presumably had enough opportunity to get to know the several members of the Great Rebellion. And by fighting side by side with them, she created mutual trust. If not so, then tell me how she had become their leader at last?

Heroic Warrior

One of my favorite episodes

One of the top episodes of She-ra, as voted by the fans, is "Horde Prime Takes a Holiday".

It's one of my favorites because the episode ended with Adam having dinner together with Adora and the rebels. He usually always goes home right after winning a battle with the Horde as He-man, with She-ra. To see Adam and Adora sitting side-by-side at the end of the episode as Adam recounted the story, and Adora listening and laughing, really warmed my heart. I was glad to see that Adam at least sometimes hangs out for a while on Etheria, rather than rush right home.

Then to top it all off, instead of Lookie, they showed He-man and She-ra at the palace on Eternia standing really close, side-by-side, together, telling kids how to protect their bodies from sexual predators. It showed that Adora does go home to Adam and her mom and dad, and spends time with them. It's the only time during the show's run where you see He-man and She-ra together on the palace grounds on Eternia.

It was nice to see the princess at her palace.

That really made me smile

Perhaps they could make a cartoon sitcom revolving around Adora's life at the palace, after she defeats the Horde, frees Etheria, and comes back home to Eternia to make a new life for herself. It could be about her family dynamics, her dating, having to keep her identity a secret from her boyfriends, and ending with her getting married and living happily ever after.

Maybe there's a way to write in Adam and Adora finding out they aren't really brother and sister and have them fall in love and get married. He-man and She-ra looked awesome standing together at the palace on Eternia. They'd make the perfect couple.

Wouldn't that be wonderful!
    Posted from iOS app

Adam and Adora finding out that they are not brother and sister and hooking up would be a terrible idea. I cannot stress how terrible. Do you have a brother or sister in RL? If you found out tomorrow that you weren't actually related would you start dating? The whole concept is absurd and creepily disturbing if the answer is yes.

"Wow you aren't my biological sister! Any plans Friday night?"

So you are saying that you wish that Adora had returned to Eternia after having been kidnapped by the Horde and being denied growing up with her mother, father and brother. Then she finds out that Adam isn't really her brother after all, which means one of the following:

1: That Adora was lied to AGAIN, and that family she thought she had found is not hers. So all of that happiness she thought she had at knowing who her real parents were and finding that she had a family...ALL GONE. That would be great for her I am sure.

2: Ok what if Adora is really their child. Great that means that ADAM has been lied to his entire life and that the parents he thought were his real parents aren't. So he ends up being denied a life with his true family, which according to you is terrible, hurtful and traumatic. Hey I know, maybe Adam is actually Hordak's son, and they took him from Hordak! Oh the drama!

But hey, it doesn't matter if it option 1 or option 2 as long as Adam and Adora hook up!

Sorry but no. It is bad storytelling, not realistic and just goes against the basic character designs.

This thread has detoured way too far into wackiness for me.

I have to agree with Barezz on pretty much every point

Thrashor put a zombie baby deep inside her. We now live in The Fright Zone and The Slime Pit is now a hot tub.
    The most radical zombie, in all Eternia!
    YouTube: Mal TV - Metal, Toys, Video Games, & Beyond!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I have to agree with Barezz on pretty much every point
    I concur....I for one do not want to see Adam and Adora on Springer anytime soon.

Someone is kidding here, right?