October 6, 2012, 11:40am
WTFWTK 2.89 - Ask your questions here!
Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
- This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
It's nothing personal.
***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.
Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):
This past round of questions were selected by Penny Dreadful.
Thanks to that fan for their help!!!
The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. Grenadaspice: Many fans are worried that they won't get all the figures they want from POP, NA, 200X, Filmation, prototypes, and concepts if the line might go mainly vintage, with A/B-Listers from the other canons sprinkled in. Has there ever been any conversations of splitting the line up into 3 separate lines: MOTU Classics, POP Classics, and (NA) He-Man Classics? It almost seems like a good way off getting all the characters out, yet if allowing the fans to not have to subscribe to getting characters from a canon they don't care about.
2. Scorpia: Octavia looks AMAZING. You get a lot of flack, so I'd like to thank you for giving her to us. I'm a bit concerned about her tentacles. How is Mattel going to ensure the final figure doesn't topple over under the weight of her wide-spanning tentacles? And how do they fit underneath her hair, without pushing her head down so she's looking at the floor?
3. BCRDuke: Amazing reveals at Power Con and thank you for the Mattel presence there! Upon closer inspection of the sample Netossa in the case at Power Con, it became obvious that her shin/calf pieces were reversed. Will this be fixed? Please don't allow the next POP character to be ruined by this factory mistake.
4. Swanmarsh: Now the road map has been thrown away, will Mattel reconsider its policy of re-issueing old figures repackaged with their alternate (200x inspired) head on display (i.e. MAA, Mer-Man, Whiplash)? This could be a way to make additional dollars off the old molds to help off-set cost of tooling new MOTUC figures.
5. Wolfman Jake: I feel some boundaries were pushed too far with the death of many iconic characters in the service of "moving the story forward." A lot of fans have very strong attachments to these characters, and killing them off, especially so unceremoniously in certain cases, doesn't resonate well with the celebration of MOTUC. Would you and your creative team consider retconning or touching up some of these major character deaths in future bios or other outlets for the line's fiction?
So ask those questions!