Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.89 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.89 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by Penny Dreadful.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Grenadaspice: Many fans are worried that they won't get all the figures they want from POP, NA, 200X, Filmation, prototypes, and concepts if the line might go mainly vintage, with A/B-Listers from the other canons sprinkled in. Has there ever been any conversations of splitting the line up into 3 separate lines: MOTU Classics, POP Classics, and (NA) He-Man Classics? It almost seems like a good way off getting all the characters out, yet if allowing the fans to not have to subscribe to getting characters from a canon they don't care about.

2. Scorpia: Octavia looks AMAZING. You get a lot of flack, so I'd like to thank you for giving her to us. I'm a bit concerned about her tentacles. How is Mattel going to ensure the final figure doesn't topple over under the weight of her wide-spanning tentacles? And how do they fit underneath her hair, without pushing her head down so she's looking at the floor?

3. BCRDuke: Amazing reveals at Power Con and thank you for the Mattel presence there! Upon closer inspection of the sample Netossa in the case at Power Con, it became obvious that her shin/calf pieces were reversed. Will this be fixed? Please don't allow the next POP character to be ruined by this factory mistake.

4. Swanmarsh: Now the road map has been thrown away, will Mattel reconsider its policy of re-issueing old figures repackaged with their alternate (200x inspired) head on display (i.e. MAA, Mer-Man, Whiplash)? This could be a way to make additional dollars off the old molds to help off-set cost of tooling new MOTUC figures.

5. Wolfman Jake: I feel some boundaries were pushed too far with the death of many iconic characters in the service of "moving the story forward." A lot of fans have very strong attachments to these characters, and killing them off, especially so unceremoniously in certain cases, doesn't resonate well with the celebration of MOTUC. Would you and your creative team consider retconning or touching up some of these major character deaths in future bios or other outlets for the line's fiction?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Will King He-Man be the same size as most figures, or will he be slightly taller like King Grayskull is?
    Posted from iOS app

4. Swanmarsh: Now the road map has been thrown away, will Mattel reconsider its policy of re-issueing old figures repackaged with their alternate (200x inspired) head on display (i.e. MAA, Mer-Man, Whiplash)? This could be a way to make additional dollars off the old molds to help off-set cost of tooling new MOTUC figures.
    Sorry Swan and Penny, but I think this is a very illogical question to ask. It doesn't make any sense after a moment of thought. The roadmap was a padding mechanism. They are trimming the fat. Reissuing old figures is another padding mechanism.

Can you confirm that Red Shadow is the guy with the red stripe going down his back at Hero's funeral scene in the second mini comic and the green robotic guy is Bandwidth.The names were given to us yet no visual refences or descriptions were given to us, http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/2841008167 so these 2 characters being the only 2 we have never seen before, it makes logical sense these are them. And will we see more of these guys. Thanks

This is MOTU 30th so I was hoping to see vintage material like a book or magazine with pics of the vintage line, posters, and artwork. Maybe a book of all the classic mini comics stories or a reprint of the MOTU Magazines from the 80's! Even a cool MOTU Calendar! Any chances here?

I understand they're probably pretty low on the MOTUC radar but is the Golden Sphinx and the Tri-Klops Robot guards from the PS2 game He-Man: Defender of Grayskull candidates for the MOTUC treatment?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    The He-Man and Battle Cat Party pack is an awesome idea and deal, but have you ever considered repackaging figures into cool, collectible deluxe 2 packs just like as in the vintage days? Maybe have someone add some cool new boxes with new artwork but have it harken back to the vintage style ones. Would it be worth your time to repackage them like that? I think He-Man/Battle Cat, Skeletor/Panthor, and She-Ra/Swiftwind 2 packs would be a huge hit amongst us "Adult Collectors' whom teh lien is aimed at.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

will "He-Man: The Most Powerful Game for the Universe!" be available on other platforms? Not everyone has an iPhone. There are tons of Android users out there and I would love to see it on Microsoft's new Windows 8 and Windows Phone platform!

Heroic Warrior
    So, there are now some Castle Grayskull "blueprints", and it is scheduled for late 2013... Very good !

BUT... Could you please keep in mind that vintage Castle Grayskull had the possibility to be "improved" somewhat with Point Dread and Talon fighter on top ?

To be more precise, my question is : can you make sure that "when and if" we get Point Dread and Talon Fighter, it is possible to add them up "vintage style" on top of Castle Grayskull ?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    My big question. Will we be getting the N/A He-Man armor & helmet any time?
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Hail to the King Baby DamnSmooth's Avatar
    Can we get some clarification on the advance sales that will be available to sub holder. I know day of sub items will not be available but what items that are restocks, or customer service stock. Will this items be made available for advance sale?
    "You weren't born into this life to be popular" -- Jimmy Newquist

Now I do not know how of much of this Scott knows but would it ever be possible for him to explain the Queue system that DR has set up? Presumably it's suppose to lock you into a slot and then put you thru to order once a slot is available. Now with that being said, does this slot remain protected cause there have been times where I have been queued, began the ordering process and then thrown back out to the WSOD; sometimes returning to my order (where I may have lost the item or not) or totally booted due to a session timeout. Now shouldn't we be locked in that slot once it begins or not?
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    My question:

Why is the design for the castle greyskull playset "vintage toy inspired" when you claim that the snake mountain would
    be oriented and geared toward the filmation cartoon? Seriously what is the reasoning for this? Isnt that a little bit hypocritical? There are just as many filmation heman motu
    toy fans than than are motu vintage idea toy fans. If you are going to market something one way then you should do it the same way for everything and do it two different ways. Its either black or its white. There are no inbetween ideals when you make decisions on something this important to fans that theyve invested in. You dont do it one way and then tell us that you cant do the other the same way or tell that youve decided that its better to do so and so a certain way. If youre not going to do a filmation inspired castle greyskull then by all means why would we want a filmation inspired snake mountain? They wouldnt match and that would make no sense. The filmation fans want not one but both made with accesories for creating both in both playsets. The only other answer is if youre going to only do a filmation designed snake mountain then you should at least do two facades for castle greyskulls which would be the classic skull and door front but also the filmation cartoon door and front too. That way you could have removable wall fronts and also we also would like to get add on accessories and build on diorama puzzle pieces. How about these ideas below? Please keep these ideas as feedback as to what we want and also please respond individually.

1. Two entrance facade for the greyskull face with the door. That way you can have have whichever version you want.

I wanted the filmation version. Ive already got two vintage inspired toy versions. I want something different.

2. Add on diamara pieces to make a complete enclosed structure. Seriously I thought mattel said that it would be a 4 walled building and not
    a two sided toy.

I want add on diarama pieces to make the scenes from the filmation cartoon.
    I want the abyss beneath the sorceress throne with the stairs building up to her level.
    I want the giant magic dimensional portal mirror and the outer wall pillars (or whatever you call the ledges) iin other words the structures holding up the exterior of the entire fortress over the abyss. Id like the drawbridge to be able to stretch the length of the chasm.

It is more mysterious, and interesting to me as a longtime motu fan. I want wallhooks to add and buid onto the design and other parts to enrich the display.

I would say the same for the other 4 vintage playsets as well as far as using a mixture of elements from all versions of each but mainly sticking to the filmation designs and ideals.

I want the point dread extension set and trap doors.
    I want the spirit rooms with torches and large hallways and eeverything prominent from the myp and filmation series.

Baisically want a amalgamation of all versions of castle greyskull from masters of the universe which is the little golden books, the original toy series and concept and box artwork, all comic series, the new adventures cartoon series, the filmation series and themie young productions series.
    Last edited by hordedestiny; October 16, 2012 at 10:32pm.
    Ask me about my power. I bring new meaning to the phrase superhuman.

Heroic Warrior
    Several of us who preordered Castle Grayskull in the first few hours the preorder began were quoted a shipping charge that is much higher than those who waited until later in the day. Will our shipping charge be the lower one when the castle is mailed out?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Is the version of Granamyr with the pink highlights on his chest and on the inside of his arms and legs (as shown at NYCC and Powercon) going to be the final version ? Because it doesn't look right, in my honest opinion (but then again, I wanted a green one).
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Over the course of the year, MOTU merchandise has been available in various forms (not limited to action figures) celebrating the 30th Anniversary of this line ~ my question is: what are the chances or what is the status of MOTU merchandise continuing beyond the 30th Anniversary?
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I know that you've stated before that the windraider has to sell out before any new vehicle is approached. And I know a lot of fans, me included, want the battle ram. However, I have felt that this line has been about balance in some aspects, for example, first came battle cat, then panthor, swift wind, then the griffin. My question is, if and when you get to another vehicle can you consider the Roton. In all fairness to the factions so to speak. Don't get me wrong, if we were to get the battle ram, I would be eternally grateful, however the OCD side of me would really love the Roton. Thank you.
    Posted from iOS app

Are there any updates for the My Subscription page? I hope that it gets here sooner rather than later.

What is the possibility of Mattycollector online gift certificates that could be purchased by friends and family for collectors, especially during the holiday season?

Why is there no DHL option for international shipping for Castle Grayskull pre-orders? Shipping to the UK is only available by untracked international post and UPS. When I took out my 2013 subscriptions I was able to select DHL shipping to the UK, which was significantly cheaper than UPS, for the subscriptions at least.

Since sculpting hasn't begun yet. Would it be possible to add a spot at the top of Castle Grayskull to display the Wind Raider? This would make me buy a Wind Raider right this moment.

Is the head coming with Strobo simply the unmasked Zodak head or will we receive the helmet that was shown in the case at Power-con as well?

Hi toyguru,

You said that due to subscriptions reaching 135% for 2013, it had green lit another project for 2013. Was this castle grayskull or is it a project that hasn't been announced yet?
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

If(and when) Castle Grayskull gets sculpted, is there any chance some sort of video could be compiled and released after the final castle reveal which shows the Horsemen sculpting the castle from beginning to end? Kind of like a video blog or something? I think that would be cool for such a monumental item!

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Is the head coming with Strobo simply the unmasked Zodak head or will we receive the helmet that was shown in the case at Power-con as well?
    Have you got this confused with the Kevin Kosse helmetless head and Helmet??