Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Your Battleground Teela Be?

Who Will Your Battleground Teela Be?

I know BG Teela is a hot button topic, so this thread isn't to debate the merits or faults behind BG Teela. I know she has her own discussion thread.

I am just curious which fans accept Battleground Teela as she is in her Matty bio, and how many accept her differently as another character and what alternate names or stories they can come up with for her.

We have a very creative community, and I would love to read other opinions from members who have different plans for BG Teela than Matty does.

I know she won't be Teela, but I'm still not sure if she's gona be someone related to her or someone completely different. I'm thinking of either placing her with Vikor, or putting her in Teela's place in my adaptation of the mini-comics storyline (which would be in the past, making her related somehow). Anyway, it's still in the works and I'll probably get more ideas once I get her in-hand.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

She'll be Skeletor.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    She'll be Skeletor.
    Ah yes, the infamous "sexy Skeletor" variant. Brilliant, sir!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I think she might be my new Goddess, since my actual Goddess is in about three pieces since I looked at her funny.
    "Mind bottling, isn't it?"
    -Chazz Michael Michaels

http://www.patrickgarone.com

http://www.twitter.com/patrickgarone

Join the Facebook Group for my book, City of the Gods.

She'll be standing next to Vikor in my collection.

Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    She is Stinkor or Battle Bones. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Meanwhile, she looks like Teela. Says she's Teela on the box. So, I think she's Teela.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

I haven't thought up a name yet, but she will definitely be Vikor's "Teela" in my display. I think the look of of those two figures complement each other very well. Now bring on Demo-Man!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    She IS Teela in my book, but wears both outfits freely.

I think this way because in the Pre-Filmation years, Teela was originally blonde until Mattel changed her hair color so that her hair can act as the top of her Snake Armor. I view the red haired Teela is as much a "mistake" as Mer-Man's cat-headed toyhead, so I'm extremely happy to get the correct version almost 30 years later.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 18, 2011 at 02:14pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Meanwhile, she looks like Teela. Says she's Teela on the box. So, I think she's Teela.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    She IS Teela in my book, but wears both outfits freely.

I think this way because in the Pre-Filmation years, Teela was originally blonde until Mattel changed her hair color so that her hair can act as the top of her Snake Armor. I view the red haired Teela is as much a "mistake" as Mer-Man's cat-headed toyhead, so I'm extremely happy to get the correct version almost 30 years later.
    And this.

Although I do love the red-haired pre-filmation version as well, I'll be delighted to have both in my collection.

Who will BG Teela be? She'll be my mini real doll that's who.

Seriously though, she'll be Teela in my canon, just in a bikini and with a more barbaric attitude. Teela is allowed to change clothes after all. Since the mini comics were my first exposure to MOTU, I remember Teela as a blonde. I love how she can wear a bikini and charge into battle with so little on.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

I'm putting her next to Vikor. I'm perfectly happy with the Teela that I already have, so as far as i'm concerned this figure is somebody else.

I still think Mattel missed an opportunity to create a new character here, especially as the bio they gave her doesn't fit the figure.

I still think making Wun-Dar a new character is dumb. He's He-Man with brown hair and black Zodac armor. Are they identical twins sans hair color? Dumb. The same thing with BG Teela. Look the same except different hair color and outfit. At least Faker has blue skin and gears on his chest, alongside different outfit and colors. That makes sense.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    Whoops sorry I didn't see this!

Depends on how good the figure looks in person. Some of the review pics look rough to me with the oversized costume and unpainted face. IF she looks good or I can update her with a few custom tweaks, she'll join mechanical power sword He-Man and She-Ra, Captain Glenn and maybe Carnivus on the "Classics New Adventures" shelf. If she looks rough, she just migh end up behind Mo-Larr. .

Either way she'll always be Teela.

Regular MOTU figures like Teela should've had the Polly Pocket interchangeable clothes feature. It would've been awesome if she had different bikinis she could swap out as well as her captain of the guards costume. Then there would be no doubt that this would be one and the same Teela.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I still think making Wun-Dar a new character is dumb. He's He-Man with brown hair and black Zodac armor. Are they identical twins sans hair color? Dumb. The same thing with BG Teela. Look the same except different hair color and outfit. At least Faker has blue skin and gears on his chest, alongside different outfit and colors. That makes sense.
    I think Wun-Dar would have worked better if he came with his own unique alternate head that fans could put on instead of him looking like He-Man with brown hair.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think Wun-Dar would have worked better if he came with his own unique alternate head that fans could put on instead of him looking like He-Man with brown hair.
    Very true. As is, though, he's He-Man.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    Who Will Your Battleground Teela Be?
    She'll be the 6" plastic figure posed next to all my other action figures...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    She'll be the 6" plastic figure posed next to all my other action figures...
    Cool; thanks for clarifying that!

I don't mind repaints as long as they're cool looking. Perhaps it's because i'm a Transformers fan so i've gotten used to the same sculpt being repainted & renamed several times. I agree that Wun-Dar is a bit of a lame attempt at a new character, but in my opinion Zodak and the Goddess turned out pretty good.

I'm wondering whether I should have my Teela wear the snake armor and turn her into the mini comics Sorceress/ Goddess and have BG Teela be my primary Teela? It would fit in more with the mini comics (even though Bikini Teela is from the DC comic). The only thing is that I have a Green Goddess figure as well. What shall I do with her?

My BG Teela will be a relative of Teela and the Sorceress who was a companion of Oo-Lar before Teela was born.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    Cool; thanks for clarifying that!
    No problemo. I am here to rectify!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!