Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.87!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.87!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 87 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Beastmaster.
    Thanks to those fans for their help!

-------------------

1. Tundra Torque: Now that The Roadmap is gone, can you reveal some details of The Roadmap? For example, if Evilseed was slotted into The Roadmap, where would he have appeared?

No, we won't be revealing this as 2014 and beyond is still to much up in the air.

2. Scorpia: Between September 2009 and June 2010, we had a great run of female figures in monthly slots (Teela is September 2009, Adora in January 2010, Evil-Lyn in the April and She-Ra in June). This was an exciting time for a lot of fans! Without giving away names, is it possible we'll see a similar run of females in future monthly slots?

You will continue to see many females in the line.

3. Beastmaster: Is it possible to get a pair of Horde Prime hands in orange or blue for Cy-Chop in a future weapons pack? His hyper-anime-detail hands/weapons just don't do it for many fans.

A cool suggestion but no plans at this time.

4. Fisto69: I was just wondering how Cy-Chop got his name. Was it a play on the word cyclops like Tri-Klops was, or does the Cy part stand for cyborg, or something else entirely?

"Cy" is a play on "cyborg". Chop is due to his scissor hands.

5. blogjammer: Is there a way that we can find out which figures are 'Gone for Good'? I got into the line late & have been purchasing re-issues & CS stock when available but it would be helpful to know which figures are completely gone, & which figures you still have CS stock of.

Likely we will know this in 2013 after our holiday sales are over. Quite a few figures are truly gone for good.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 89!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 40.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 41.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 42.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 43.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 44.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 45.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 46.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 47.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 48.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 49.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 50.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 51.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 52.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 53.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 54.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 55.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 56.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 57.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 58.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 59.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 60.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 61.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 62.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 63.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 64.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 65.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 66.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 67.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 68.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 69.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 70.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 71.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 72.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 73.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 74.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 75.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 76.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 77.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 78.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 79.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 80.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 81.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 82.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 83.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 84.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 85.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 86.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 87 questions!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    5. blogjammer: Is there a way that we can find out which figures are 'Gone for Good'? I got into the line late & have been purchasing re-issues & CS stock when available but it would be helpful to know which figures are completely gone, & which figures you still have CS stock of.

Likely we will know this in 2013 after our holiday sales are over. Quite a few figures are truly gone for good.
    So why not go ahead and name the ones you already know are gone for good then update as it goes along?
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    So why not go ahead and name the ones you already know are gone for good then update as it goes along?
    Laziness. They'll probably have Black Friday and Mad Matty Monday sales, THEN tell us who is gone forever, rather than give you a list of characters right now.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm rather disappointed to my question's answer. If The Roadmap is gone, what harm does it do to tell us some details about it? For so long, we've heard about it and now it's gone. Are some parts of The Roadmap still in place, which is why the details can't be revealed?

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I don't see anything useful or interesting we learned with this batch of answers...

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I'm rather disappointed to my question's answer. If The Roadmap is gone, what harm does it do to tell us some details about it? For so long, we've heard about it and now it's gone. Are some parts of The Roadmap still in place, which is why the details can't be revealed?
    I agree. The answer to your question was rather useless. With the roadmap being thrown out there would be zero harm in giving out details of it. I really don't think they read the questions thoroughly at all.

Im kind if disappointed in the answer to who is gone for good. We know sub exclusives and Fisto for sure....why does it hurt to tell us the rest that they know for sure and update from there as mentioned above? Then again it may be too hard to update the sure to reflect the status as they seem to have problems in this area.

Heroic Warrior

I disagree. What GOOD would releasing the roadmap do? I'm 'CURIOUS' who was coming when... but frankly revealing it would do more harm than good. There is ENOUGH bitter complaining and dissention about Matty's choices... Imagine if XXXXXX found out that his/her favorite character was slated for Jan. 2014.... only to find out that it was bumped and will NEVER happen now.

the bitter disappointment would be RAMPANT REGARDLESS of who's name showed up on the list and who didn't.

Yeesh... what if Glimmer's name was the 'sub draw' for 2016?!?!? I don't blame them at all for not announcing the decisions they were GOING to make.... let them get criticized for the decisions they DO make

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I disagree. What GOOD would releasing the roadmap do? I'm 'CURIOUS' who was coming when... but frankly revealing it would do more harm than good. There is ENOUGH bitter complaining and dissention about Matty's choices... Imagine if XXXXXX found out that his/her favorite character was slated for Jan. 2014.... only to find out that it was bumped and will NEVER happen now.

the bitter disappointment would be RAMPANT REGARDLESS of who's name showed up on the list and who didn't.

Yeesh... what if Glimmer's name was the 'sub draw' for 2016?!?!? I don't blame them at all for not announcing the decisions they were GOING to make.... let them get criticized for the decisions they DO make
    Very good point, phantom.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

100% agree with this. I really don't want to know if Blast Attak or the Grayskull spacesuit were scheduled for June and July 2014 respectively only to have them consigned to the never-never thanks to below expectations 2013 sub sales.

We know that all vintage figures (MOTU, POP and NA) were on the roadmap to 2017. What else we need to know about that abandoned roadmap now?

What's important is which characters get selected in 2014 - and how do we fans encourage Matty to make available as many skus as possible to maximise the number of 2014 figures.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Beastmaster...His hyper-anime-detail hands/weapons just don't do it for many fans.
    This made me smile.

This is a good point, but I wasn't necessarily asking for the whole map to be revealed. Rather, they could have thrown a bone to us. For example, a few months ago, TG said that Nocturna was supposed to come out sometime in 2015.

I agree, though, that releasing too much information would cause more aggravation for some of the fans. But seeing as MOTUC was ruled by this Roadmap for so many years and now that it's gone, aren't we just a wee bit curious as to what was in it?

well if you look at this like this everything that was in the 80's, Now Filmation, POP, NA and even hopefully 200X was included. This is no attempt at sarcasm but I think when Matty saw this explosion of sales and commitment but customers to purchase this line; I truly think they were getting ready to throw everything and anything at us: cause it was sure as hell gonna make us happy and plus it was gonna be a sales/profit heaven for them. He knows everyone that is gonna be done and I think the only legal issue that stems from this could be false advertising (if you submit to a sub thinking you will get that character and you don't AND possible copyright trademark issues). It was just the fear that if all the 'good ones' came out first there would be no customer base for the rest down the road....

I think the problem arose when too many concept, 'obscure" (to those) and packaging ideas proved at time to expensive or unworthy of those that were offered in such timely manners and as such that the sales bottomed and cause the retraction. (*That and the numerous customer service issues that are well noted over and over again). The road map I'm sure spaced it all out to keep us wanting and hopefully taking things we wouldn't in between but accepting it as we got the must haves, sadly the magic spell begun to wear off

As a person being in this for the long haul I really do not concern myself with this map or sales agenda, just as long as we get them and continue to do. and with respect to everyone who is waiting for their "one" I do hope those days come. But I hope not at the expense of the line dying after it. And if this truly become the current state of this line, then I want everything that was originally released in the 80's and sadly will wish for all the rest!

And I also hope that Matty will learn how to space out these expense a little more generous throughout the next year, cause this final quarter is gonna be devastatingly BIG!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    This is a good point, but I wasn't necessarily asking for the whole map to be revealed. Rather, they could have thrown a bone to us. For example, a few months ago, TG said that Nocturna was supposed to come out sometime in 2015.

I agree, though, that releasing too much information would cause more aggravation for some of the fans. But seeing as MOTUC was ruled by this Roadmap for so many years and now that it's gone, aren't we just a wee bit curious as to what was in it?
    AFTER the line is done. If TG comes out and says that 2014 is it, and that the line is officially dead.... THEN I want to know ALLLLLLL the behind the scenes stuff. I want the roadmap... the bios... the prduction pictures... I want EVERYTHING!

Right NOW?!?! I do NOT want the board erupting into WHO is more 'A-list'.... Castaspella or Madmae Razz....

Right NOW?!?! I do NOT want the board erupting into WHO is more 'A-list'.... Castaspella or Madmae Razz....
    I agree with this statement, too.

From my perspective, I want everyone from every faction. So, it doesn't matter to me if Castaspella or Madame Razz comes first. I would just be happy to get one or both of them. Everyone is on my A-list.

Thanks Beastmaster for choosing my question - not that Mattel have really answered it & like most of their answers it only raises more questions, like - are they going to let us know after the 2013 holiday sales which items are gone for good? Why not tell us which figures they know for sure are gone? King Grayskull was one of the 1st 'gone for good' figures & now he's included in the October sale? I only need 5 of the previously released figures but theres no way I'm going to fork out $100+ for a Teela on eBay unless it's absolutely necessary.

Just because the original road map is done with doesn't mean those figures can't come out if the line keeps going.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by blogjammer View Post
    theres no way I'm going to fork out $100+ for a Teela on eBay unless it's absolutely necessary.
    When they confirm that Teela is gone for good you will have to pay a lot more than $100 on eBay, I'm almost sure she is gone for good... When they confirm that teelas price will skyrocket on ebay...