Thread: what was REALLY the first appearnce of He-man ?? and adam

what was REALLY the first appearnce of He-man ?? and adam

title says it all

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    uh, its in the opening tittle sequence,, "..one day I held aloft my mightly sword and said.."

Although I think theres no time or date attached to it.
    Presumably as it is a secret or something, but also it is an Eternian date so it wouldn't be relational or measurable by Earth standard.

..(that or I know the answer and I'm just not saying)
    mmuuhhaahaa

i meant in the media was it the figure or a comic

The comic book.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

DC Comics presents #47 came out in July 1982. We see Prince Adam and He-Man in there.

MOTU toys were released in Fall 1982 from what I've heard. In first wave mini-comics like "He-Man and the Powersword"
    were developed in 1981 where Prince Adam was not present yet.

some figures came out first (including he-man) .. in december 1981 with the mini comic he-man and the power sword
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

The first appearance of He-Man was the figure, which came with a mini-comic (I want to say "He-Man and the Power Sword", published 1981) that you were not going to find Adam in.

The first appearance of Adam was a comic that came out later.

It might have been a minicomic, but a pretty big part of me wants to say it was DC Comics Presents # 47, "FROM ETERNIA WITH DEATH!". DC Comics Presents was a Superman Team-Up book, so obviously Superman and He-Man fight and then team up against Skeletor.

This issue was published in July 1982, and the next comic I found that had Adam but not Superman was dated November 1982. It's my understanding that the DC MOTU miniseries was the origin of Prince Adam, and that he was seen before that was published back in the Superman Team-Up book.

It's actually pretty interesting to me that He-Man originally existed entirely without Adam. He was a noble and fearsome Barbarian from the Jungle who went on a Quest to protect Castle Grayskull and was aided by the Goddess who gave him his harness and manacles. Then suddenly Adam shows up and that He-Man is basically retconned out of existence. Bit of a shame really, I liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    The first appearance of Adam was a comic that came out later.

it was DC Comics Presents # 47, "FROM ETERNIA WITH DEATH!". DC Comics Presents was a Superman Team-Up book, so obviously Superman and He-Man fight and then team up against Skeletor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    the next comic I found that had Adam but not Superman was dated November 1982.
    Adam IS in that first DC-comics presents #47 (1982 July) as I mentioned earlier.

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/ite...84&image=13566