Thread: MacFarlane horror toy lines do not age well.

MacFarlane horror toy lines do not age well.

My wife and I are moving and the numerous MOTU toys, GI Joe, and MacFarlane horror toys. Of the latter I have found numerous breaks from, I guess, exposure to air, sunlight, and changing temps. The numerous hooks and pins that hold them together are too fragile and break easily when taken apart for storage. These toys were made with cheap plastic and cost too much to break apart one piece at a time. MOTU original, Joes, and MOTU 200X are all in great shape.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    That's McFarlane for you. Crap made out of crap.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

agreed on that!

McFarlane toys were so fragile. They would fall over on the shelf onto the figure next to them and things would snap and pop off. A little stumble onto a carpeted floor would send them to pieces. They look good in the package, but openers, beware. I got so sick of them, I brought them to the garbage chute one day and dumped them down.

Kept my Pumpkinhead, because he was my first.

I pretty much won't buy any McFarlane Toys as almost all of them break while taking them out of the package.

yeah my hanna barbera toys are disintegrating as are my where the wild things are, they look AWESOME but they quality is atrocious. I'm still missing a few wtwta but I don't want to pay the ridiculous prices for macfarlane 'quality'.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I bought a Spawm wave 12 Creech at a comic store, it's not very mobile but still in nice shape. It was made before McF switched to poorer quality materials.

I have a few small pieces broken here and there, but most of my McFarlane Monsters and Movie Maniacs figures are still alive and kicking.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    love the look of them. wildcats, and others, but let my kid open them after the con, and legs and arms started falling off. no wonder they were a dollar each!!!

And don't even try to use an articluation point - *snap*

They really are low quality statues.

They look great (design, paint apps, sculpts) but thats just it, the look is great but as action figures, man they fall apart so easily. All my Manga Spawn series have broken limbs (except Goddess, the only unbroken Goddess I have Lol) but everything else from Dark Ages, Wetworks, Total Chaos, Spawn lines that I own, I have had figures with broken parts straight out the package (Spawn the Black Knight!) Theyre better off as stactions!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I bought the entire Metal gear Solid 2 line of figures. The only one I still have is Snake. I returned the rest cus they broke immediately upon removal from the package. never bought anything from McFarlane again.
    BergerKing's opinions and the opinions expressed in the above post do not necessarily reflect the opinions of He-Man.org, Mattel, Coca-Cola, the Catholic Church or the NFL
    I have a feedback thread! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-thread

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    I bought the entire Metal gear Solid 2 line of figures. The only one I still have is Snake. I returned the rest cus they broke immediately upon removal from the package. never bought anything from McFarlane again.
    That sucks. I still have my entire Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 collections. One of my favorite action figure lines ever.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Glad I never broke down and bought any! There was alway some robot that tempted me, but I was well aware that McFarlane stuff had random, useless, or no articulation, so an inspection of the package usually told me that I wouldn't be able to do much with the figure. Sounds like I wouldn't be doing much with it even if it was articulated!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I still have the Creech and some of the old collectors club exclusives, I never opened many Macfarlane figures because they always broke.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

I only wanted the Elizabeth Bathory figure, and since that cost a arm and a leg even when it was new, the whole line was a pass for me.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    The problem is, a certain type of plastic holds details better, but is much more brittle than others. But Sideshow and Hot Toys also love using this same brittle plastic, meaning you get very expensive toys passed off as "high end collectibles" that are made of fragile as glass plastic, trying to use materials not made for such use imitating tiny loops and tabs. Nothing expensive should be using these materials, and if you're so ashamed if your toys that you have to pass them off as "not toys" then maybe you shouldn't be in this hobby. Just because they can charge a fortune for it doesn't mean it's not a toy.