Thread: Re-Issue figures

Re-Issue figures

So I was prompted to ask this question for a couple of reasons. After reading this week's WTFWTK, the last question dealt with which figures were truly 'gone for good' (i.e. we won't see them re-issued or ever sold again on Matty). There may be some confusion as to CS stock being sold and what constitutes a re-issue. In your minds, does a re-issue mean a figure that was produced again for sale or simply CS stock being sold again?

Either way you slice it, are there any figures you folks think are actually gone for good? Also, this is a point I need some clarification on. Didn't ToyGuru say last year that there would be no more re-issues following Man-E-Faces?

IF I had to guess, the figures that are probably sold out totally are Teela, King Randor, The Sorceress and Beast Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by charliecore View Post
    So I was prompted to ask this question for a couple of reasons. After reading this week's WTFWTK, the last question dealt with which figures were truly 'gone for good' (i.e. we won't see them re-issued or ever sold again on Matty). There may be some confusion as to CS stock being sold and what constitutes a re-issue. In your minds, does a re-issue mean a figure that was produced again for sale or simply CS stock being sold again?

Either way you slice it, are there any figures you folks think are actually gone for good? Also, this is a point I need some clarification on. Didn't ToyGuru say last year that there would be no more re-issues following Man-E-Faces?

IF I had to guess, the figures that are probably sold out totally are Teela, King Randor, The Sorceress and Beast Man.
    Part of the problem is, there were very few actual re-issues (as in, they went back to production on a figure). That's why some people have gotten "THE ORIGINAL" burst on new release figures by accident before (and why they had to put stickers over it for some Swift Winds that went out, etc.). A lot of them were all done at the same time, just packaged differently and stored for their "reissue".

"No more reissues" was more of a conceptual change than anything else - that doesn't mean they don't make more to hold back for later sales, just that they were dropping the whole "The Original" nonsense.

Fisto seems gone for good. But I have a feeling they still have some of most everything else. It's all about driving demand. We finally are getting sales of BA He-man, which I believe is his first return ever from his original sale day.

Sorceress, for example - I have a feeling they do have a nice stash of those. Scott even said for super-demanded characters like her, they would make a higher quota. Assuredly they held some back as it didn't seem to have too terribly many available on sale day.

I expect another Black Friday/Cyber Monday thing this year where a lot of characters will re-appear, and I'd be willing to bet Sorceress will be one of them (which should drive her price down for awhile). While it was great to get so many show up last year, doing the "this figure is up for an hour, another figure up for a different hour while we take the other one away" means you could not combine them for shipping. I know last year I ended up making something like 7 or 8 different orders (I fell for it, because it was still cheaper to get the ones I needed to catch up on than going through 3rd party sellers). This year I won't as my collection will be complete after BA He-man, thankfully.

It's already going to be an expensive few months for MOTUC, but I'd plan on having some $ for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, because many of us ended up dropping five bills or more to pick up characters that we thought had been long gone.

In short, we don't know what to believe as they are so shady about "sell outs", etc. - the only figure they have verified they no longer have definitively is Fisto to my knowledge.

A re-issue is when a figure actually goes into production again. There is actually only a small handful of characters that went back into production. They are saying this will no longer be happening. Everything they put out on sales day at this point will be "remainder stock" from either initial runs or a secondary run (for those characters that actually had one).
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 10.18.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior
    And then there's the mystery of "no more reissues" versus "we're awaiting stock". That's come up a couple of times.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk