Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why can't Matty give us a fan-demanded/reissue mini sub?!

Heroic Warrior

Why can't Matty give us a fan-demanded/reissue mini sub?!

I get the fact that Scott told us figures would not get a second run. BUT, I believe they owe it to us. A 6 month "most wanted" sub would sell without a doubt.
    Here's my list:
    Whiplash
    Scareglow
    Tri-Klops
    Teela
    Fisto
    Sorceress
    3 good guys, 3 bad guys. They have the molds already, so there is no tooling required. First, Sorceress and Fisto are a no brainer, especially after the entire screw up back when the sub holders received incorrect figures in the mailers. I bet half the people here on the board need these figures.
    These 6 figures are all too expensive on the secondary market for most collectors to obtain. It was so easy for them to release Spirit of Hordak, because they have the molds. I hate hearing Scott say they barely make any money from this line. If that was the case, how can Mattel sell them to Big Lots at blow out prices and sell figures at the cyber Monday prices. The only people who will lose out on a "most wanted" sub are all the scalpers with stock piles of teela etc....which, who cares?!
    Just my 2 cents,

I've got doubts that a sub like that would go through.

Most fans already have those figures. I do, and would have no need to subscribe to a sub like that. Sure some new fans and scalpers may jump on it, but that doesn't mean it would be as successful as you think it would.

Look up some of the threads that discuss re-issue/All-Star subs. There are plenty of reasons to doubt something like this would sell enough units to move forward.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    At the very least, they are determined to get out the remaining figures right now. I doubt they would be willing to commit design time and money to something like this.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I think it could be hard to nail down a fan-demanded lineup at this stage. I may certainly be wrong. But I feel we're down to what many people would consider B and C-listers on characters. I think it would be hard to please everyone with a fan-demanded vote.

If it was a rare figure, tired of being bent over by Ebay prices add on sub.... You'd have a few clear cut winners like you listed....but a fan demanded one....you'd not get the results you're looking or hoping for, almost guaranteed. Fisto may be on there, maybe Sorceress, but you wind up with some saying Buzz Off, some Faceless one, some....Spector and SLL....
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I wouldn't buy this sub, because I already have two of each of those figures. I think it would be hard to get enough people to support it.

Court Magician
    At the very least, they could do another pre-order window to see if there is enough demand or not.
    I'm sure if Scott's bosses knew specific numbers on a 6-month reissue sub, it might have a much greater chance of moving forward.

Promote it by saying it would definitely include Teela, Fisto, & Sorceress, then let those who preordered vote on the other 3 from a list of 10 or 12 possibilities like Whiplash, Scareglow, Beast Man, Tri-clops, Clamp Champ, Fang Man, Kobra Khan, etc.

Throw Battle Armor Faker on that list, then you might sell more of such a sub.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrimsonfiend View Post
    Why can't Matty give us a fan demanded sub?!
    Wait for it...

Logistics.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    I have no need for this. I have one of everything already. Maybe rename it fan demanded reissues sub, and it may take off. But most won't support this. Only new comers, and I feel the new comers deserve the chance to catch up without breaking the bank on ebay doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Wait for it...

Logistics.
    Funny, I haven't encountered that here, yet.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Funny, I haven't encountered that here, yet.
    Yup, it's a pretty unique answer.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yup, it's a pretty unique answer.
    It seems it's a unique trait around these parts, lol.. rarer than teela.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    It seems it's a unique trait around these parts, lol.. rarer than teela.
    Rare?! Shoot...I got like 50 Teelas laying around my nefarious lair. All from the Cyber Monday sale...

Haha.

Extremly funny.

I would not support a re-issue sub, since I already have all figures. BUT please consider that with Teela alone there are at least 4 individual display options: regular Teela, regular Teela with helmet and Snake headpiece, regular Teela with helmet and weapons pack Snake headpiece, regular Teela with blonde Battleground Teela head.
    Back when Teela was available, nobody ever assumed we´d get the repainted weapons pack set nor a blonde Teela head. So there is some doubt many fans bought more than 2 Teelas. But many fans will want to display Teela utilizing all the extra accessories, so a reissue Teela would not only appeal to newcomers, but to those who already have the figure and need more display options. I know I would buy another 3 Teela figures at least.
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Not everyone needs the same characters for a start. And also, they continue to maintain that they'd rather put their resources into making new figures. Once 2015 is over, I could get behind a Masters of the Universe Classics All Stars type line, similar to what they have recently done with the DC stuff. Maybe re-deco'd He-Man, Skelly, Filmation style Teela, put Fisto out again, Sorceress. But I can't see that happening at the moment with the rest of the line to get through
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

There are numerous threads with this same idea and same answer.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Come back with 10,000 friends.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimsonfiend View Post
    I get the fact that Scott told us figures would not get a second run. BUT, I believe they owe it to us. A 6 month "most wanted" sub would sell without a doubt.
    Here's my list:
    Whiplash
    Scareglow
    Tri-Klops
    Teela
    Fisto
    Sorceress
    3 good guys, 3 bad guys. They have the molds already, so there is no tooling required. First, Sorceress and Fisto are a no brainer, especially after the entire screw up back when the sub holders received incorrect figures in the mailers. I bet half the people here on the board need these figures.
    These 6 figures are all too expensive on the secondary market for most collectors to obtain. It was so easy for them to release Spirit of Hordak, because they have the molds. I hate hearing Scott say they barely make any money from this line. If that was the case, how can Mattel sell them to Big Lots at blow out prices and sell figures at the cyber Monday prices. The only people who will lose out on a "most wanted" sub are all the scalpers with stock piles of teela etc....which, who cares?!
    Just my 2 cents,
    Because TPTB are more concerned with helping scalpers than new/potential customers. They have this weird idea that everyone has known for years about this internet only and completely unadvertised line.
    Also, Scott mentioned yesterday that they often give the extras of rare figures to their staff, so I guess the employees ARE the scalpers. Conflict of interest?

Because Scott is sitting on a case of Teelas and making bank selling them on eBay.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Because thats how you build demand.
    Make exclusive.
    Make it pain in the ass to get.
    Make it feel like your lucky to be getting at all.
    Oh wait...

Not enough people would buy it!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

This is the reason.

Go back through just the people that posted and you can see even after the original poster that other people had their idea of who should be in the 6 figure fan demanded sub.

I bet you can't even get a dozen people in a row to post the same 6 figures they would put into a sub and that is why it wouldn't work. People just have different wants/needs.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

That would be cool, but I'd still rather see a 'corrected' figure run if they're doing re-issues.

King Hiss & Roboto (with corrected shoulders!), Stinkor (Now with corrected forearms! ), Snout spout ( now with crumble-proof trunk!) Green Goddess ( Now with impervious pelvis! ) etc etc. We could cash in our slips with the corresponding figure name barcode etc etc. (not that I've got mine anymore ) for special discounts on them. I know, I know, never going to happen.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodac View Post
    That would be cool, but I'd still rather see a 'corrected' figure run if they're doing re-issues.

King Hiss & Roboto (with corrected shoulders!), Stinkor (Now with corrected forearms! ), Snout spout ( now with crumble-proof trunk!) Green Goddess ( Now with impervious pelvis! ) etc etc. We could cash in our slips with the corresponding figure name barcode etc etc. (not that I've got mine anymore ) for special discounts on them. I know, I know, never going to happen.
    I second this...