Thread: Satma 2016

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar

Satma 2016

I know very little about the German comics and audio, but am liking the characters I'm seeing in the polls. Chief among these is Satma I not only hope he gets a figure in 2016, he may get my vote for President.
    What do we know about this guy? Where does he fit into the the overall story? Would you buy this figure some time down the road?
    Mattel needs to make an MOTU equivalent to Skylanders. It would create a new generation of MOTU fans.

I'm gonna try to sum the important things up in a nutshell.

Satma appears only in #34 of the German audio plays.
    He is the ruler of the Hyperspace. He resides in a fortress that looks almost like Grayskull, but with horns, and commands warriors more gruesome than even Skeletor's Evil Warriors. Interesting is that Satma motivates his warriors by promising them gold.

Satma's appearance actually isn't explained much at all. When seeing him first, Man-At-Arms mistakes him to be Skeletor. He-Man then corrects him, stating that he "looks like Skeletor, but he's not". To which Orko adds that "he has two horns... he's the devil!". Maybe the name Satma actually might have been a tweak from "Satan" by the author. Because of that, I have sort of an issue with the picture from the .org poll - it's merely one fan interpretation, just as this one is:

Satma's figure could come with Icebird and the Power Sword of Evil. It's weapon whose blade is clad in "hyperspace ice". Said weapon plays a crucial role, when Dragstor brings it to Skeletor in episode #33. Skeletor hits He-Man slightly with the sword, to which He-Man then falls into a nigh-dead shape. Icebird is made from hyperspace ice and has the ability to teleport into Hyperspace. In #33, he teleports Buzz-Off and Moss Man, and later He-Mans power sword into Hyperspace. That's the reason why the heroes go into Hyperspace in #34. Many German fans already regard Nepthu's Diamond Zoar as their Icebird.

"Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I am all about this guy, whoever made the fan created drawing in the encyclopedia, did an amazing job and sold me on this guy, even if he ends up being a custom. I would even say throw him in for 2016.

He looks awesome, nice job

Thank you so much.

This guy's got my support and I'm planning on putting him as my #1 choice in the next round of the poll he's in