Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Black Wizard - Speculation and Support thread

The Great Black Wizard - Speculation and Support thread

The Great Black Wizard has now his official thread!

It's a mysterious and evil guy and the only thing we know is that he created Draego-Man! (source: bio of Draego Man).

He has 2 indistinct appearances in the 3rd new mini comic. The GBW seems to be awesome IMHO.

Some assumptions:

He could be one of the evil mystics from the Dunes of Doom (Bcrduke)
    He could be "the unnamed one".

Similar to the Chaos Sorcerer from Heroquest:

What are your opinion, assumptions and ideas about him?
    Last edited by Arvulis; October 7, 2012 at 02:11pm.

I am sure he is one of the evil mystics from the Dunes of doom that taught count Marzo and Evil-lyn( others being Damon, Enchantress, etc), could be the unnamed on one but I doubt it, dont really know why but the unnamed one seems to be alien to eternia( think I got that from Snake warriors bio) and sent fores here just like horde prime did. He looks just like the chaos sorcerer from heroquest with long black hair, hope that doesnt cause a problem with copyrights. Arvulis can you put a pic up of him. Cant wait to see this guy in plastic form.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I am sure he is one of the evil mystics from the Dunes of doom that taught count Marzo and Evil-lyn( others being Damon, Enchantress, etc), could be the unnamed on one but I doubt it, dont really know why but the unnamed one seems to be alien to eternia( think I got that from Snake warriors bio) and sent fores here just like horde prime did. He looks just like the chaos sorcerer from heroquest with long black hair, hope that doesnt cause a problem with copyrights. Arvulis can you put a pic up of him. Cant wait to see this guy in plastic form.
    Sure! I just edited the first post
    You may be right for the unnamed one...

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    I had a hunch he could possibly be Keldor/Evil-Lyn's son from the future, involved in some time travel-type shenanigans (Eternia Time Wars era)
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    I had a hunch he could possibly be Keldor/Evil-Lyn's son from the future, involved in some time travel-type shenanigans (Eternia Time Wars era)
    Hmm nice hunch as well.

Any chance of getting an edited scan from the comic?

If he looks like the Chaos Sorcerer, than certainly!
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    The skeleton wizard is definitely cool! He would definitely fit as a motuc figure. I just love classic wizards, warriors & monsters in this line.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Skeleton's body would be a nice addition to the MOTUC line.
    We could have Skeletons Warriors and the Great Black Wizard.

Check out below at the customs from He-Mike. He showed them at power con.

Iīm not sure if iīm allowed to say something negative, if iīm crossing a line please tell me and i will delete my post BUT

Whatīs that for a name?

Iīm pretty sure the same person who named a character "THE MIGHTY" came up with the "THE GREAT".

Back in the days (1900) there already has been a wizard who was called "The Great and Powerful" but he was made to be over the top and was a fraud.

I donīt mind if such words are used when describing a character like:

The Black Wizard- The great and powerful Wizard from the unknown hemisphere.

Again totally over the top but as an information okay as a name or title i canīt take him serious.

And to round up my speech even the name the Chaos Sorcerer is more inventive than the The Great Black Wizard.
    Is he black? Does he wear only black clothes? Does he use black magic? Is his biggest enemy the White Queen(wait is that to much chess here...?)?

Black is such a non explaining word, chaos is telling a lot more and shows me, the person who invented this name hasnīt giving a lot of thought.

So, now i said it.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    actually if you read fantasy novels people gain titles from their looks and deeds and through the years it has been applied to all forms of media
    to give a few examples: the mighty thor, the amazing spider-man, mithrandir(meaning grey pilgrim), the white rider, king edmund the just, the hero of bowerstone, the humanoid typhoon, jaga the wise,tygra the invisible, cheetara the quick and panthro the deadly.

the term great can apply if there is multiple black wizards and he is the most powerfull or the most evil
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    actually if you read fantasy novels people gain titles from their looks and deeds and through the years it has been applied to all forms of media
    to give a few examples: the mighty thor, the amazing spider-man, mithrandir(meaning grey pilgrim), the white rider, king edmund the just, the hero of bowerstone, the humanoid typhoon, jaga the wise,tygra the invisible, cheetara the quick and panthro the deadly.

the term great can apply if there is multiple black wizards and he is the most powerfull or the most evil
    You are right in fantasy novels, where you simply use your imagination itīs an easy way to lead the reader in a direction.

On the cover of a comic book itīs very common to give the title an extra "OMPF" and ad a catchy adjective.

And as i wrote in my message an explanation after the name where you can use those catch frames again, why not.

BUT.

Itīs MOTU where the imagination isnīt that much needed since it is a colorful toy(most of the time) you are holding in your hand.

In the comic itself Thor hardly ever tells anyone "Good day sir you can call me THE MIGHTY THOR" he says "Call me Thor" and seldom someone screams "Looks itīs the amazing Spider-Man" they scream "There is Spider-Man" or even Spidey.

So you see thatīs the point, as a name THE GREAT is stupid and unnecessary, if you ask me.

The characters action make them great, migthy, amazing or deadly.

And i miss good written stories where they proof they are great, mighty deadly or quick.

And to explain myself better iīll make up some examples:

The Strong He-Man

The Magical Sorceress

The Scary Scare Glow

The Wet Mer-man

The Shiny Glimmer

The Powerful She-Ra

Snappy Threader
    I think there is real potential in this character. He looked like it in the mini anway. I hope we learn more about him soon.

I also think the Black Wizard is an intriguing new character, I wish he was a part of the 30th Anniversary line! Hopefully more info about him becomes available soon. Based on Draego-Man's bio, he's got to be pretty powerful and on par with the likes of the Green Goddess, Faceless One, Moss Man, and other ancient characters.

For those who haven't seen him yet, here's the best shot of him (Taken from one of the enlarged pics of the mini-comic at the Toy Tokyo art show)...

He's so tiny in both instances that he shows up, it's hard to make out most details. His chestplate vaguely reminded me of Zodac's and his strange helmet has a spacey feel to it, IMO. So my theory is that the Great Black Wizard used to be affiliated with the Cosmic Enforcers but turned on them during the Great Wars. Going with that theme, here's my concept sketch of him...

Anyway, I think the Black Wizard would be a cool addition to the MOTUC line, I wouldn't hesitate to buy him for my collection!

Oh Man! Your drawing is freakin' awesome!
    Zodak's armor style is a good guess. And I like your background. Very cool.

I'm also digging the idea of GBW as a Leader of the Skeleton warriors. And as they are appearing within the new IOS game, we may get them too!!! I love skeletons!!

By the way, the other illustration of the GBW in the mini comic is a little bit better than the Toy Tokyo art. Too bad we can share it here.

This is an interesting character I'm kinda hoping we see and learn more of. He could be the Son of Skeletor, perhaps wearing a full helmet in honor of his father, or perhaps Jr. gets his face removed as well. I really don't think he's the Unnamed One-he's on teh battlefield working under Hssss! (That would be weird.)

Regardless, I'd love to get him as a figure!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Skeleton Warriors are a must have!!

Skeletor had an army of them in the 200x MVC Comics.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I also think the Black Wizard is an intriguing new character, I wish he was a part of the 30th Anniversary line! Hopefully more info about him becomes available soon. Based on Draego-Man's bio, he's got to be pretty powerful and on par with the likes of the Green Goddess, Faceless One, Moss Man, and other ancient characters.

For those who haven't seen him yet, here's the best shot of him (Taken from one of the enlarged pics of the mini-comic at the Toy Tokyo art show)...

http://imageshack.us/a/img62/638/motucblackwizard0.jpg

Anyway, I think the Black Wizard would be a cool addition to the MOTUC line, I wouldn't hesitate to buy him for my collection!

First of all, thank you for supplying a picture.

Secondly, yes. If obscure figures are still being made, this guy deserves a forefront slot (among the obscures).
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    A character with some potential...

Heroic Warrior
    A character with some potential...
    I agree ! The Great Black Wizard looks like he could be amazing !

I'd support and buy him, IF he's made properly and has good quality.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I agree ! The Great Black Wizard looks like he could be amazing !

I'd support and buy him, IF he's made properly and has good quality.
    Yep, exactly...

About Skeletons Warriors, here is a compilation of pictures I found:

200X - MYP Skeletons

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...rrior_full.jpg

MV Creations comics - Skeleton Warrior in the temple of Schneidor

Skeletor Warriors from the new He-Man Game

Another: http://img.stpcdn.net/screenshots/he-man-2a.jpg

Gbagok interpretation

MYP BoneMonsters / 200X Slimepit monster

Skelcons from Ladybirds book

Another: http://www.bustatoons.com/blog_image...y_skeletor.jpg

Horde Dark Riders, Filmation She-Ra Princess of Power Cartoon Season 1 Episode 47 The Price of Power

Another: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kya2zyumV7...Brider%2B2.JPG

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    This from the Mattypalooza panel....

You're right he's so similar to the Chaos Sorcerer from Hero Quest and the interestin' things are the weapons... the sword is the Filmation Skeletor Sword and the staff... I think it's from Filmation too!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; July 19, 2013 at 08:33pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 5, polls 17 vote for
    Colonel Blast

Looks like he would have reused (or WILL reuse?) Blast Attak legs. Those might be Space Mutant boots. Hero Quest or not, he'd be a pretty cool figure and a great arch nemesis for Vikor.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I think that is The Shaping Staff.

I'm not sure how I feel about yet another skull-faced character. We already have Skeletor and all of his variants, as well as Scare Glow and even Demo-Man. Oh and Castle Grayskull Man too.

I do like the design, however.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Hmmm, Batros feet too. So what's the nature of this image? What did they say about it? Is a figure of him planned?