Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Black Wizard - Speculation and Support thread

Subscribe to stay alive! Zargon's Avatar
    I would LOVE to have this. Great way to get more Filmation weapons in the line, Skeletor's sword and Shaping Staff
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: 2015 to survive - Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    This design rocks and is totally in the pipeline for the future hence the reused parts - nice to see Blast-Attak's legs there.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Yeah I'd totally be up for this! Love the look.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    I would LOVE to have this. Great way to get more Filmation weapons in the line, Skeletor's sword and Shaping Staff
    I'm excited about the sword too.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I really like this design and welcome the figure to the line but I really hope they don't use the colors from the mini-comic...yellow skull face like Skeletor? Purple helmet and gloves, light blue body and dark blue armor?

Thoughts anyone?

Subscribe to stay alive! Zargon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I really like this design and welcome the figure to the line but I really hope they don't use the colors from the mini-comic...yellow skull face like Skeletor? Purple helmet and gloves, light blue body and dark blue armor?

Thoughts anyone?
    I would prefer blacks, grays and silvers. possibly with a(n) (off)white face or a black face since he is the Great BLACK Wizard....
    Last edited by Zargon; July 30, 2013 at 02:04pm.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: 2015 to survive - Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Thoughts anyone?
    I agree, seperate him from Skeletor and The Faceless One a bit. He needs more black if he is a great black wizard. I would quite like him to have flesh tones honestly, like a generic white dude with a skull mask as opposed to it being his head. Really like the concept of the figure though.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I would prefer blacks, grays and silvers. possibly with a(n) (off)white face or a black face since he is the Great BLACK Wizard....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I agree, seperate him from Skeletor and The Faceless One a bit. He needs more black if he is a great black wizard. I would quite like him to have flesh tones honestly, like a generic white dude with a skull mask as opposed to it being his head. Really like the concept of the figure though.
    Interesting ideas, gang. I too like the idea of a skull mask but I also like the idea that those who give themselves over to Hordak have their former identities stripped from them, hence their faces removed. (Or if you're into the original mini-comic story, that he's from Skeletor's original dimension where everyone has a skull for a face.) I played around with the image in Photoshop and got to the below.

I'm thinking of a white skull face with a tinge of bone yellow and black pit eyes, metallic helmet with white bone horns, dark gray/blue body, dark purple tunic, black gloves, boots, and cape with gray fur shoulders. My only question now is what to do about the orb in the center of the horns of his helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    This from the Mattypalooza panel....
    http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7083/awcm.jpg

You're right he's so similar to the Chaos Sorcerer from Hero Quest and the interestin' things are the weapons... the sword is the Filmation Skeletor Sword and the staff... I think it's from Filmation too!
    Okay. That figure. I need that figure. Four (4) of them will do for me.

Black body with Shadow Gray armor/accoutrements. The Skull as a permanent mask/faceplate to the figure instead of being yet another skull faced dude.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

The Great Black Wizard is the only character from the new mini-comics that I want. Hopefully he gets made at some point.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    The Great Black Wizard has now his official thread!

Similar to the Chaos Sorcerer from Heroquest:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_2L8SA0DLsQw/S-...0_05070119.JPG

What are your opinion, assumptions and ideas about him?
    Yeah, I cannot believe he isnt directly based on this. I keep thinking it.

I really hope all those new characters with Great Black Wizard being topmost, are showing a future for this line, or MOTU in general.

New characters equal new blood equal evolving storyline equals more to love, more to tell. I for one am glad they are at least working on designs and creating stuff. It's new stuff like this that could make people keep subbing, and help pad the way for the lesser fewer characters left.

Just make sure people know that going into it. Or not, whatever, I'm in. But I think people would respond if they had a chance, so I am glad they released that art.
    Last edited by baronterror; August 1, 2013 at 03:25am.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    This is how I imagine the GBW
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Other then the brown on the chest, I'm on board. Change the brown to purple and I'm 100% on board.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

I like where you're going except for the skin color. I don't like the idea that "black" in the title "Great Black Wizard" refers to his skin color. Black should only stand for his type of magic.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Yeah, I noticed the accessories....makes him even more awesome....I wish we could get him.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

The great black wizard screams vintage!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

This from the Mattypalooza panel....
    http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7083/awcm.jpg

You're right he's so similar to the Chaos Sorcerer from Hero Quest and the interestin' things are the weapons... the sword is the Filmation Skeletor Sword and the staff... I think it's from Filmation too!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Looks like he would have reused (or WILL reuse?) Blast Attak legs. Those might be Space Mutant boots. Hero Quest or not, he'd be a pretty cool figure and a great arch nemesis for Vikor.
    Nepthu's arms could be used.

I like that he looks like a dark rider. wouldn't mind a removable horde emblem for him.

Definitely interested!

As for the Shaping Staff, I don't think it should be included due to the simple fact that it would look out of place without a Magestra figure to go along with it, and I'd rather a newly tooled weapon go with TGBW that fits more in line with the character (in addition to the Bone Sword, of course ).

Regards,
    Victor P.

I see a vikor reuse loin cloth.
    in purple.

Other people may have already thought of this, but between this guy, Scare Glow, Demo-Man, and Skeletor, one could imagine they are the skull-faced demons of Skeletor's pre-Keldor dimension origin despite that being a different canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post
    Nepthu's arms could be used.
    Hm, yeah probably you're right. Nepthu and GBW both have bands on both arms while Vikor only has one--although would it look very wrong for the arm bands not to match on GBW's arms?
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Awesome looking character. Clever parts reuse, cooll story so far....But man does he need a better name! I love some of the names from Skeleton Warriors and the villain Skulkur from Conan The Adventurer in the early 90's. Howabout

"Black Skull: The Wicked Warlock" If we ever get him, that's what I'll call him.

Other people may have already thought of this, but between this guy, Scare Glow, Demo-Man, and Skeletor, one could imagine they are the skull-faced demons of Skeletor's pre-Keldor dimension origin despite that being a different canon.
    If the "two armies" that "transported to Eternia, infiltrated Eternia society and launched an invasion against the Elder's" line up with The vintage Snakemen and Horde descriptions...As if planned from the beginning...
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...des/7_full.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...des/8_full.jpg

Then the "Race of people who's mutated genes determines their future" would almost HAVE to correlate with these skull faced "D-Men"[*] of Infinita. Eons later, their planet is no longer capable of sustaining "life"...INVASION TIME!

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...es/18_full.jpg
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...es/19_full.jpg

Throw in Dyr the Warlord from Sunbird legacy as commander of the 200X Skeleton Solders, add a mystically manipulated Castlegrayskullman for the role of "savage brute" and we have the makings of an awesome new evil faction!...Who would lead this faction? The fully unleashed Unnamed One who made Keldor into the "D-Man From another world" that he is? Or better to have this Barbaric boned battalion belong to Gray-Skull: Son of Skeletor! (I refuse to call him Skeleteen!) Or someone new? Demo-Man doesn't "feel" like a leader to me, he is more rank and file "pirate guy" like Trap Jaw.

Just who is the D-Men King of Infinita?

[*] To borrow a scribbled name from Mark Taylor's original sketch of "Skeletor" as seen in the Mattel SDCC art Book.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; August 18, 2013 at 08:28pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    The great black wizard screams vintage!
    Yes, it does. And I'm kind of sick of the recent trend of adding "ar" or "or" to the end of names to make them MOTU names.

- - - Updated - - -
    That is a cool idea. But I still ascribe to the original canon where Skeletor comes from a race of beings from another dimension and when he came through the portal, he somehow was disfigured/lost his face. Perhaps Scare Glow paid a different price, he lost his skin/corporeal body when he came through the dimension. And Demo-Man lost his mind.

I love the design and hope we will get him at some point.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

It's still kind of curious to me if GBW is supposed to have looked like a skull-faced guy in the past or if he's like Megator and is serving Hordak now as a zombie. I don't mind not getting an official answer though, it's more fun to imagine alternatives if the official one is something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Throw in Dyr the Warlord from Sunbird legacy as commander of the 200X Skeleton Solders, add a mystically manipulated Castlegrayskullman for the role of "savage brute" and we have the makings of an awesome new evil faction!...Who would lead this faction? The fully unleashed Unnamed One who made Keldor into the "D-Man From another world" that he is? Or better to have this Barbaric boned battalion belong to Gray-Skull: Son of Skeletor! (I refuse to call him Skeleteen!) Or someone new? Demo-Man doesn't "feel" like a leader to me, he is more rank and file "pirate guy" like Trap Jaw.
    Oh yes I'd forgotten Dyr. Also Satma from the German audio plays is said to look just like Skeletor. He similar appearance may have had a different explanation in the story, but possibly he's yet another skull-faced D-Man! Damn. I like the Gar, but this is sounding like a full fledged faction of its own!

Yes, it does. And I'm kind of sick of the recent trend of adding "ar" or "or" to the end of names to make them MOTU names.

That is a cool idea. But I still ascribe to the original canon where Skeletor comes from a race of beings from another dimension and when he came through the portal, he somehow was disfigured/lost his face. Perhaps Scare Glow paid a different price, he lost his skin/corporeal body when he came through the dimension. And Demo-Man lost his mind.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...y/111_full.jpg
    Was that his origin? I don't remember the portal disfiguring him, just that he came to Eternia. Actually the only time I remember vintage Skeletor having an origin where he was said to be disfigured was in the Golden books where Hordak revealed that he experimented with Etheramite before he was skilled enough to control it and was turned into Skeletor.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Hes a completely new character, but he feels so incredibly vintage I got to have him in classics.