Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Great Black Wizard - Speculation and Support thread

Heroic Warrior
    I must say that the Great Black Wizard and Fang-or are two new figures that I like. I'm not against new figures, as long as they look awesome and have a great design. The Great Black Wizard and Fang-or enter that category.

Obviously, we first need to finish the vintage characters, but I'm all for the Great Black Wizard and Fang-or just after that.

At this point, this is the only MOTUC figure I'm interested in.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

So him and the other art revealed of new characters, make these. And make them part of the "Son of Heman" franchise growth expansion they should be doing. Finally let the adventure continue, let continuity grow. Make a new 'toon and toyline based on this, or keep MOTUC rolling and roll it into SoH.

I'd love this. And Great Black Wizard is just a tops design. Still.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Even though it is now a little redundant that we have many skull headed characters I still think he is ultra cool & deserves a figure.
    this line however need more wizards.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I made a mock-up with Taskmaster skull!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; September 29, 2013 at 05:06pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 5, polls 17 vote for
    Colonel Blast

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    This from the Mattypalooza panel....
    http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7083/awcm.jpg

You're right he's so similar to the Chaos Sorcerer from Hero Quest and the interestin' things are the weapons... the sword is the Filmation Skeletor Sword and the staff... I think it's from Filmation too!
    i want him. but the thing i do not like is that he has a skull, as skeletor already sports the iconic skull, in which was burned off from acid, so what's this dudes reason why he has a skull? other than that i love this figure you posted except that it comes off as skeletor in a different outfit.

I really like this guys design, in fact he's the only one of these new Mattel characters I do like, but he's so similar to Skeletor I can't help think he takes something away from him. They'd need to explain his origin and why he has a skull head in way that doesn't take anything away from Skeletor IMO and a good writer will be able to do this, maybe even link it to she shaping staff seeing as he's pictured with it in his design sketch.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    i want him. but the thing i do not like is that he has a skull, as skeletor already sports the iconic skull, in which was burned off from acid, so what's this dudes reason why he has a skull?
    The answer is simple: Black Magic!

I got no problem with another Skull faced character, Skeletor, Scareglow and The Great Black Wizard... the fearsome trio!

Colonel Blast

Looks like Skeletor's been hat shopping.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Hes going to be a cool figure! Be sure of that!
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I made a mock-up with Taskmaster skull!
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8711/6w0v.jpg
    Bam, I'd be happy with that!
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    That is a cool idea. But I still ascribe to the original canon where Skeletor comes from a race of beings from another dimension and when he came through the portal, he somehow was disfigured/lost his face. Perhaps Scare Glow paid a different price, he lost his skin/corporeal body when he came through the dimension. And Demo-Man lost his mind.
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...y/111_full.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Was that his origin? I don't remember the portal disfiguring him, just that he came to Eternia. Actually the only time I remember vintage Skeletor having an origin where he was said to be disfigured was in the Golden books where Hordak revealed that he experimented with Etheramite before he was skilled enough to control it and was turned into Skeletor.
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...e2416_full.jpg
    I'm speculating about the disfigurement as he came through the portal since in that one image, we do not see the faces of the beings from Skeletor's dimension. But the fact that another writer used that theme it in the mythos only helps solidify the idea for me. Although, after seeing Skeletor's yellow human face, the disfigurement may have been an upgrade.

THIS is a figure i would LOVE TO HAVE IN MOTUC!!!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Hells yeah. The more skull-faced figures, the merrier!
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I like the design a lot, but he is too similar concept and look to Skeletor. Skeletor would basicly look identical, if he would have the the same outfit. Both being magic users doesn't really help either.
    Last edited by Invicta; October 14, 2013 at 04:57pm.

His major problem is that he looks like a variant of Skeletor, instead of a unique character.

Didnt someone say there was a color mockup at NYCC. Does anyone have a photo of that?

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Didnt someone say there was a color mockup at NYCC. Does anyone have a photo of that?
    Yes, from NYCC. Toyark posted a photo in their Mattel panel coverage. http://news.toyark.com/2013/10/11/mo...cc-2013-105542

NYCC-2013-Mattel-Panel-089.jpg

I am NOT a fan of these colors at all. They are too close to Skeletor and there are too many colors overall. So here's my quick take on the Great Black Wizard's colors.

I see him more as a "savage shaman" so while he still has the purple, the rest of the colors are dark and earthy. I imagine his "Wizard" type of magic is very different from Skeletor's so I turned the ball between his horns into a "black pearl." Perhaps the black pearl is where he draws his power from and is the reason for his name.

If we only get one of these new characters in MOTUC, I hope it's him.

Yes, from NYCC. Toyark posted a photo in their Mattel panel coverage. http://news.toyark.com/2013/10/11/mo...cc-2013-105542

NYCC-2013-Mattel-Panel-089.jpg

I am NOT a fan of these colors at all. They are too close to Skeletor and there are too many colors overall. So here's my quick take on the Great Black Wizard's colors.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...psd1d7de42.jpg

I see him more as a "savage shaman" so while he still has the purple, the rest of the colors are dark and earthy. I imagine his "Wizard" type of magic is very different from Skeletor's so I turned the ball between his horns into a "black pearl." Perhaps the black pearl is where he draws his power from and is the reason for his name.

If we only get one of these new characters in MOTUC, I hope it's him.
    He has the Shaping Staff and Filmation Skeletor's sword.....wonder if he has a figure coming soon....maybe a nameless one.......

In this picture itīs clearly to be seen that he is made out of:

Batros feet
    "Blast Attacks" legs- Stinkor came before Meckaneck, Netossa has Peekablues outfit and Peekablue isnīt scheduled up so far.
    Demo-Mans loincloth
    Nepthus biceps
    King Grayskulls cape

Rest is basic buck or new parts.

Interesting.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    In this picture itīs clearly to be seen that he is made out of:

Batros feet
    "Blast Attacks" legs- Stinkor came before Meckaneck, Netossa has Peekablues outfit and Peekablue isnīt scheduled up so far.
    Demo-Mans loincloth
    Nepthus biceps
    King Grayskulls cape

Rest is basic buck or new parts.

Interesting.
    It's Vikor's loincloth and possibly Vikor's right bicep and a new matching left bicep. But yes, when Axel Gimenez designed him, he was definitely keeping parts reuse in mind.

It's Vikor's loincloth and possibly Vikor's right bicep and a new matching left bicep. But yes, when Axel Gimenez designed him, he was definitely keeping parts reuse in mind.
    You are right thatīs Vikor (i meant Vikor but wrote Demo-Man...)but they biceps do look like Nepthus.

I knew he had part reuse in mind but this picture is showing it even more. At least to me
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Thanks Niki

I still hope we get this guy sometime! Kinda off that his colors match Skeletor's...but on the other hand, it gets my imagination runnin'. Why does he look like that? Is he somehow connected to Skeletor? Maybe when Skeletor becomes depowered (loses his staff to King Hsss) he also becomes parted with Demo Man? Maybe Demo Man merges with someone else?

Questions questions! Ones I'm having a great time answering in various ways.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Yes, from NYCC. Toyark posted a photo in their Mattel panel coverage.
    I am NOT a fan of these colors at all. They are too close to Skeletor and there are too many colors overall.
    You're completely right! That's too Skeletor with another outfit!

So here's my quick take on the Great Black Wizard's colors.I see him more as a "savage shaman" so while he still has the purple, the rest of the colors are dark and earthy. I imagine his "Wizard" type of magic is very different from Skeletor's so I turned the ball between his horns into a "black pearl." Perhaps the black pearl is where he draws his power from and is the reason for his name. If we only get one of these new characters in MOTUC, I hope it's him.
    That's a great combination! Do you saw my mockup?
    It's at #55...
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3342583

Colonel Blast