Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Great Black Wizard - Speculation and Support thread

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    That's a great combination! Do you saw my mockup?
    It's at #55...
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3342583
    Thanks. Yes, I saw both of your takes on his colors and they are very cool. I've had this color combination in mind for a long time but only recently found the time to quickly lay it down. Oddly enough, it's somewhat close to the colors my brother and I chose to paint our "HeroQuest: Chaos Warlock" figurine over twenty years ago.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Thanks. Yes, I saw both of your takes on his colors and they are very cool. I've had this color combination in mind for a long time but only recently found the time to quickly lay it down. Oddly enough, it's somewhat close to the colors my brother and I chose to paint our "HeroQuest: Chaos Warlock" figurine over twenty years ago.
    That's a cool nod to Hero Quest!
    I don't like the Blast Attack legs but with your combination they are so bodacious!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

I would love all of the new characters, they are pretty awesome.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

This is the last colored version that we saw at the Comikaze 2013... I have to say that the purple skin is really cool!
    And now it doesn't seem Skeletor with another outfit!

Round 2, vote for

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8459/d7gn.jpg

This is the last colored version that we saw at the Comikaze 2013... I have to say that the purple skin is really cool!
    Wow, I like that quite a bit.

At first I thought getting a figure was a long shot, but that they keep showing the figure along with 2 accessories that the fans would want, I'm starting to hope that this will be a reality.

EDIT: I'm not one to dissect what TG says, but having now seen the Comikaze video, I thought it was interesting that while showing the comic figures, said, "That haven't been toys yet." and later differentiates between the five comic figures and Skeleteen, who has no figure planned.
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; November 5, 2013 at 08:02am.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    I would still support this character, such a great barbaric design...

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8459/d7gn.jpg

This is the same image we saw at NYCC but the colors don't look as washed-out. The skin definitely looks more purple than blue. Even so, I'm still not crazy about this color-scheme and think there are too many different colors making the design look busy. I still hope they release him but they need to revisit his colors first.

Fang-Or looks great but considering the variety of snake colors in nature, I'd prefer his skin to be another color. We already have King Hisss with many of the same parts in a darker green. How about glossy blue and orange like a coral snake?
    Blue-coral-snake.jpg

Unimaginative colours - I think the Great Black Wizard looks even more like a Skeletor variant now with that colour scheme. As for Fangor - really? Another green snake man? With no interesting pattern? Fail. How about black with yellow vertical stripes? Then he'd actually look distinctive.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Unimaginative colours - I think the Great Black Wizard looks even more like a Skeletor variant now with that colour scheme. As for Fangor - really? Another green snake man? With no interesting pattern? Fail. How about black with yellow vertical stripes? Then he'd actually look distinctive.
    Agreed, both of these guys need a color make-over before they are released and I really hope they DO get released. In my opinion, these two are much closer to the design aesthetic of the original 1982-83 MOTU designs than many of the Filmation inspired and 30th Anniversary based designs.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    i want him. but the thing i do not like is that he has a skull, as skeletor already sports the iconic skull, in which was burned off from acid, so what's this dudes reason why he has a skull? other than that i love this figure you posted except that it comes off as skeletor in a different outfit.
    It could be a removable mask. That might be cool.

This is the same image we saw at NYCC but the colors don't look as washed-out. The skin definitely looks more purple than blue. Even so, I'm still not crazy about this color-scheme and think there are too many different colors making the design look busy. I still hope they release him but they need to revisit his colors first.

Fang-Or looks great but considering the variety of snake colors in nature, I'd prefer his skin to be another color. We already have King Hisss with many of the same parts in a darker green. How about glossy blue and orange like a coral snake?
    Blue-coral-snake.jpg
    Great idea! Blue and orange are also classic MOTU colors
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I just discovered an official picture on Matty...
    Well the skull isn't yellow 'n' green like Skeletor but the skin is too gar...
    Two gars with a skull is too much...
    I hope they will change it to a greyish color...

Round 2, vote for

His head and chest harness are the only new parts on him. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    His major problem is that he looks like a variant of Skeletor, instead of a unique character.
    Yeah, he's just a King Skeletor to pair up with the 2k invented King Grayskull. I have no use for either of these uninspired echoes of already existing characters. The same goes for Beast Lord (Beast-Man), Veena (Sorceress), Skeleteen (Skeletor), etc... If they are trying to create new characters for MOTUC and the brand how about something actually new and interesting like Draego-Man, Gladiator, or Fang-Or. I have no interest in new characters that look like nothing but variants of existing characters.

That being said if they include an extra Skelly head at least I can simply turn him into a fun variant, in the same way my KG quickly lost his head to become a new He-Man with red movie cape!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Yeah, he's just a King Skeletor to pair up with the 2k invented King Grayskull. I have no use for either of these uninspired echoes of already existing characters. The same goes for Beast Lord (Beast-Man), Veena (Sorceress), Skeleteen (Skeletor), etc... If they are trying to create new characters for MOTUC and the brand how about something actually new and interesting like Draego-Man, Gladiator, or Fang-Or. I have no interest in new characters that look like nothing but variants of existing characters.

That being said if they include an extra Skelly head at least I can simply turn him into a fun variant, in the same way my KG quickly lost his head to become a new He-Man with red movie cape!
    Ugh! My question about the colors squashed by a moderator before it could be addressed by Scott...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...m%2F2131092958

I just discovered an official picture on Matty...
    Well the skull isn't yellow 'n' green like Skeletor but the skin is too gar...
    Two gars with a skull is too much...
    I hope they will change it to a greyish color...
    http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4804/2ssi.jpg
    My preference would be for the grayish color as well.

Dang, I really want this figure.
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; February 16, 2014 at 03:23pm.

I also vote for grey. Unless they make him a really light and kinda pinkish purple.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Looks like Movie Skeletor with a helmet.

And that's the problem with every rendition of TGBW i've seen - he's just too much like Skeletor. They need to move away from the black and purple clothing and bone-coloured skull. Perhaps a black skull with a red outfit would work better?

Anything to avoid comparisons with Skeletor would help. 'Cause at the moment, i'm just not seeing the point of him. We alread have the ultimate evil skull-faced sorceror in MOTU, so why do we need another one? Especially one that looks so freaking similar!

How about giving us something more original Mattel?

Good news GBW fans!

In RGD #121 TG says that the colors chosen for all of the characters depicted in the wallpaper are NOT official and that the Four Horsemen will do their own take on the GBW's colors if and when a figure is made of him. Here's hoping they see the same problems we do and choose very un-Skeletor (and also non-pastel) colors for him!

Yes yes yes! I would love this guy (and Fang-Or). Both of these feel like no-brainers. The 2016 sub looks better each day

I wonder if he can come with the movie havoc staff since Entrapta got the Shaping Staff. I know this figure feels like too much of a rehash of Skeletor, but I like it more than the punk biker Skeletor design that Skeleteen got. If I had to choose only one I'd go with GBW.

I'm good with the coloring on Fang-Or though, as no one else has that yellow-green shade.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I know this figure feels like too much of a rehash of Skeletor, but I like it more than the punk biker Skeletor design that Skeleteen got. If I had to choose only one I'd go with GBW.
    Given the choice, I'd go the same way. Skeleteen's "90's design" just makes the name seem that much worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's your chance to help make the Great Black Wizard a reality! He's in poll #6!

http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=3969

I made him my #1 pick for that round.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I know this figure feels like too much of a rehash of Skeletor, but I like it more than the punk biker Skeletor design that Skeleteen got. If I had to choose only one I'd go with GBW.
    OMG, that's so funny! I was just voting in the character polls and thinking how I WISH The Great Black Wizard was actually Skeletor's son, Skeleteen, instead of the punk looking guy. The Great Black Wizard sounds better and LOOKS a whole lot better. That would be a cool son to have.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Kevin Kosse made a custom head that looks a lot like the Great Black Wizard!
    Last edited by AdultCollector; March 18, 2014 at 10:07pm.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's your chance to help make the Great Black Wizard a reality! He's in poll #6!

http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=3969

I made him my #1 pick for that round.
    Thank you. As did I.