Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Great Black Wizard - Speculation and Support thread

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    http://i.minus.com/iXOAmpae74DR3.jpg

Kevin Kosse made a custom head that looks a lot like the Great Black Wizard!
    Love it! Do you know if he's made it available?

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Good news GBW fans!

In RGD #121 TG says that the colors chosen for all of the characters depicted in the wallpaper are NOT official and that the Four Horsemen will do their own take on the GBW's colors if and when a figure is made of him. Here's hoping they see the same problems we do and choose very un-Skeletor (and also non-pastel) colors for him!
    That's a great news!

I saw that Kevin made a complete GBW!
    It got human flesh so I changed it... Black and orange rocks!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

That color scheme is very Halloween but it also makes him very different from Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    That's a great news!

I saw that Kevin made a complete GBW!
    It got human flesh so I changed it... Black and orange rocks!
    http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...psea233ce5.jpg

He's got my support!

Don't forget to vote for the Great Black Wizard in the second character round poll!

It may not help, but it certainly won't hurt.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heroic Warrior
    Would l I very to have this figure made. I think I'd make him the creator of all evil on eternia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    Don't forget to vote for the Great Black Wizard in the second character round poll!

Let's bring this guy to reality, gang! Don't look at the unofficial colors referenced in the poll. Imagine how great he will be as a figure!

http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=4047

I voted him to the top that round.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    I voted him to the top that round.
    So did I. I wonder if you and I have similar reasons for wanting him. *Cough* HeroQuest *Cough*

So did I. I wonder if you and I have similar reasons for wanting him. *Cough* HeroQuest *Cough*
    Could be....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Could be....
    It's not like Vikor with BG Teela's sword looks like any Barbarians from the box cover either. And his helmet doesn't look like the armory helmet either. Not at all.

Back on topic, if you haven't, be sure to vote at Matty's site, http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Catra-s-Wrath)

GBW is currently in third, behind Despara (Predictable) and Lady Slither (What?) for total votes.

Speaking of votes, our guy came in second in week 2 voting here at the .org playoffs, so thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; April 29, 2014 at 06:00am.

It's not like Vikor with BG Teela's sword looks like any Barbarians from the box cover either. And his helmet doesn't look like the armory helmet either. Not at all.

Back on topic, if you haven't, be sure to vote at Matty's site, http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Catra-s-Wrath)

GBW is currently in third, behind Despara (Predictable) and Lady Slither (What?) for total votes.

Speaking of votes, our guy came in second in week 2 voting here at the .org playoffs, so thanks everyone!
    Oh, I voted.

Week 7, Poll 2

1. General Sunder (Filmation)
    2. Great Black Wizard (MOTUC mini-comic)

You're next on TGBW's list, Sunder! Watch your back!

I have a theory: GBW is who Demo-Man was when he lived. He is also Keldor's ancestor from his mother's side. That's why only Keldor was able to inherit Demo-Man's magical powers, just like Grayskull's descendants. Hordak probably knew this and knew GBW when he lived ages ago. It would make sense. And I'm hoping for it also because I don't like the idea of Skeletor not being inherently strong in magics, but only through some other creature.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

Quote Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
    I have a theory: GBW is who Demo-Man was when he lived. He is also Keldor's ancestor from his mother's side. That's why only Keldor was able to inherit Demo-Man's magical powers, just like Grayskull's descendants. Hordak probably knew this and knew GBW when he lived ages ago. It would make sense. And I'm hoping for it also because I don't like the idea of Skeletor not being inherently strong in magics, but only through some other creature.
    Keldor was already a magician before becoming Skeletor, so no worries there. TG confirmed that the merge increased his powers but didn't create them.
    Pretty sure that with the way the bios are unfolding, TGBW will turn out to be "an emissary of the Unnamed One". The use of magic, the skull motif, the tampering with beings' genetics and abilities (Draego-Man, Snake Face, anyone else?)...yeah. I'd bet money that TG created the character as the UNO's instrument of action on Eternia. Sort of like a Keldor + Spirit of Hordak relationship, only intensified.

To be clear: I'm not advocating for this to be the case. Just how I see the bios playing out.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

I can see that being a very plausible scenario. But since he has a skull face, I wonder if that's his actual face he was born with? Or if he's just another man joined with (a) Demo-Man, which I don't think I'd like.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

I like the idea that he is another being from Skeletor's dimension as described in "He-Man and the Power Sword."

Quote Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
    I can see that being a very plausible scenario. But since he has a skull face, I wonder if that's his actual face he was born with? Or if he's just another man joined with (a) Demo-Man, which I don't think I'd like.
    I don't believe it is his face. I think it is part of the helmet.

Probably has the Snake Mountain face underneath. If those horns are hollow, ears could fit inside quite nicely!

Considering that he was drawn with the Shaping Staff, and it is now coming with Entrapta instead (which makes no sense with her - my guess is the GBW was intended to be the creator of the Staff), I bet they originally intended to release him this year but pushed him back because of the vintage wrap-up.

Of course, this is just all speculation on my part.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; May 7, 2014 at 03:33pm.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    I don't believe it is his face. I think it is part of the helmet.
    I thought the same, but I still like the idea that he's from Skeletors dimension. (They don't all have to be Skull faced)

Considering that he was drawn with the Shaping Staff, and it is now coming with Entrapta instead (which makes no sense with her - my guess is the GBW was intended to be the creator of the Staff), I bet they originally intended to release him this year but pushed him back because of the vintage wrap-up.

I had a similar thought but I hope he doesn't get bumped into Oblivion.

I believe that the original intent was to do a six-figure mini-subscription of the new mini-comic characters in 2014. They showed us the turnaround art that was done that clearly defined the parts re-use for Great Black Wizard, Fang-Or, Bandwidth, Red Shadow, Gladiator etc. But, when they had to condense the road map and deliver all vintage by the end of 2015 they reshuffled the planned POP release pattern and created the six figure PoP mini-sub at that time instead. I think if things had sailed along smoothly with subscriptions continuing to sell at 2011 or even 2012 levels then the original road map would have stayed in place and they would have offered us this mini-comic mini-sub and Great Black Wizard would have come with that shaping staff.

I'm guessing at this - but it's not often they solicit turnaround art that details the parts reuse for characters they aren't planning to turn into toys.

With the line ending, I have a feeling that GBWs chance of getting made just went into no mans land.

With the line ending, I have a feeling that GBWs chance of getting made just went into no mans land.
    Your prob right but the cool thing is we literally have all the parts needed to build him now that we have IG Skeletors Shins. All else already exist and their is a great custom head and symbol for his chest through shapeways.

I hope we get him. Maybe in the Masters of the Expanded Universe line that will follow Classics? (My name, nothing official, before anyone thinks otherwise.)

(I'd love the "Signature" series followup to include the new characters Classics introduced via Bios and comics such as this guy, Dare/He-Ro 2, Skeleteen (name change?), and more.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!