Thread: Desperately seeking an artist

Master of New Adventures!

Desperately seeking an artist

Yes, I'm still seeking an artist to work with me on my fabulous Santa Claus children's book project. If you can do cozy and warm Rockwell-ish traditional renderings, please pm me.

Thanks,

Jack

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Try fiverr.com for an artist.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Thanks for that, Bo. I checked it out but it's not what I'm looking for.

Me intent here was just to give orger artists a shot at this project if they were interested. I'm going to move on and cast a larger net now.

Quote Originally Posted by BoShek View Post
    Try fiverr.com for an artist.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; October 12, 2012 at 03:47pm.

Check out thecreativefinder.com. Lots of good talent there.

When you first posted about an artist I thought, gosh, if only I'd had some time to brush up on my water color. Now I'm going, gosh, if only I'd started back up then so I'd be ready now.

Actually, I'm probably not what you're looking for anyway as my style isn't like Norman Rockwell. I'm more of a pen and ink with watercolor kind of guy. Like Berenstain Bears or Biscuit books. Watercolor provides very vibrant colors which bring a warm fuzzy feeling to the work. But it's not Rockwell.

I actually painted several pages for a proposed childrens book several years ago but it didn't work out. Whether it was my work or the writer's story, who knows. Just wasn't meant to be I guess.
    Last edited by FAKER II; October 11, 2012 at 06:15pm.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

'Rockwell' may have been the wrong take. What I'm looking for is 'warm and fuzzy' -- kind of Care Bears-ish -- and a very traditional Christmas feel.

I'd be pleased to look at your work if you'll pm me.

And BlueStreak, thanks for that heads-up. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    When you first posted about an artist I thought, gosh, if only I'd had some time to brush up on my water color. Now I'm going, gosh, if only I'd started back up then so I'd be ready now.

Actually, I'm probably not what you're looking for anyway as my style isn't like Norman Rockwell. I'm more of a pen and ink with watercolor kind of guy. Like Berenstain Bears or Biscuit books. Watercolor provides very vibrant colors which bring a warm fuzzy feeling to the work. But it's not Rockwell.

I actually painted several pages for a proposed childrens book several years ago but it didn't work out. Whether it was my work or the writer's story, who knows. Just wasn't meant to be I guess.