Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: MOTUC He-Man - SOLD OUT ! Welcome He-Man 2.0 !!

  1. #1
    I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,463

    MOTUC He-Man - SOLD OUT ! Welcome He-Man 2.0 !!

    YEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!


    FINALLY.... At Last It Has Happened ! The Most Powerful Man In The Universe Is Now SOLD OUT !


    And Thats Means, Bye--Bye He-Man 1.0 !

    BTW, That Also Means, The Time Has Come For He-Man 2.0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    With new articulated hold aloft NA He-Man hand, thing are looking GREAT ! Now Bring It On Mattel ! Can't wait to replace my current ones !! Ready to buy atleast 10-20 He-Man 2.0 !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

    MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

  2. #2
    Heroic Hyperborean NorthCoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,960
    I agree, let's see He-Man 2.0!

    New head/hair sculpt, new wrist articulation, new ankles, new shield (closer to vintage with the protruding center), and improved sword/axe/shield holder on the back of the vest. I'll buy a bunch as well.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    YEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!


    FINALLY.... At Last It Has Happened ! The Most Powerful Man In The Universe Is Now SOLD OUT !


    And Thats Means, Bye--Bye He-Man 1.0 !

    BTW, That Also Means, The Time Has Come For He-Man 2.0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    With new articulated hold aloft NA He-Man hand, thing are looking GREAT ! Now Bring It On Mattel ! Can't wait to replace my current ones !! Ready to buy atleast 10-20 He-Man 2.0 !!
    Is this wishful thinking or has it been confirmed?
    I mean I know about NA He-Man, but I doubt they will re-do the standard He-man with a new buck, extra articulation etc.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

  4. #4
    Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    741
    No. The 30 dollar party pack allotment sold out. We still have plenty of single He-man(s).

  5. #5
    Heroic Hyperborean NorthCoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,960
    Darn. Thanks for the update Scott. Maybe someday...
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

  6. #6
    I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    No. The 30 dollar party pack allotment sold out. We still have plenty of single He-man(s).
    NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Then how come, BC is still available & He-Man "sold Out" ????????????
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

    MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

  7. #7
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    No. The 30 dollar party pack allotment sold out. We still have plenty of single He-man(s).
    So, it's Digital River's screw-up #987654321, then. Collection Essentials' single He-Man is prominently listed as "Sold Out" since yesterday.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Wulff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    902
    I'd rather they didn't waste time/effort/money/SKU slot on a new version of the standard He-man. Just continue to produce more of the original version to keep him available on the site.

    For people who want a flippy-wristed He-man, maybe they can include that in a future He-man variant and allow people to mix & match. A He-man 2.0 though would be a waste.

  9. #9
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,573
    I don't think He-Man is that bad of a figure. To pull a TG line, "Would you rather have He-Man 2.0 or Two-Bad or Mantenna or Battle Ram or Stridor?"
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

  10. #10
    Heroic Hyperborean NorthCoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I don't think He-Man is that bad of a figure. To pull a TG line, "Would you rather have He-Man 2.0 or Two-Bad or Mantenna or Battle Ram or Stridor?"
    No, I agree. He's a great figure and I don't want to bump a new character for a new He-Man (unless it's Josh ). But you could always make some improvements/updates. He's my favorite so I'd love another version, but it doesn't mean I don't love the one we have.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

  11. #11
    I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I don't think He-Man is that bad of a figure. To pull a TG line, "Would you rather have He-Man 2.0 or Two-Bad or Mantenna or Battle Ram or Stridor?"
    Very Bad in My Eyes !

    No hold aloft pose, Cheap looking harnes & more importantly, Loose Ankles !!!! What can I say more than this ??
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

    MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Um, that is the party pack that was only available for a day.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  13. #13
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Very Bad in My Eyes !

    No hold aloft pose, Cheap looking harnes & more importantly, Loose Ankles !!!! What can I say more than this ??
    Hello? The He-Man they are selling now is version 2.0 (his reissue was one of the few that was an actual second factory run and one with corrected mistakes). I don't know about yours, but my He-Man has no cheap-looking anything (in fact, it was by comparing his look to that of blastic Vykron that I definitely saw the latter as cheap-looking), he doesn't have loose ankles, and I can certainly make him hold aloft his sword (even though the pose, grantedly, isn't totally perfect). The only improvement I would foresee for a He-Man 3.0 (which, if it happened, would take up a precious slot that IMO would be much better used towards another yet-unreleased character) would be to incorporate the new ball-jointed hand that will come with NA He-Man and possibly (but unprobably) to add his Filmation head.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  14. #14
    Heroic Hyperborean NorthCoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Hello? The He-Man they are selling now is version 2.0
    Eh, more like 1.5. For example, She-Ra 2.0 was a significant change, new waist articulation, new sculpt on the wrists/boots, chest deco, skirt change, etc.

    The He-Man update had red removed from the eyes/less shine and a thinner loin cloth. More like a repaint.

    Is anyone calling Skeletor with the different, more closed hand Skeletor 2.0? I'm not.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior Swanmarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,864
    Getting the new wrist articulation with a future He-Man variant and mix-matching to make 'ultimate' He-Man, as with mix-matching She-Ra and BP She-Ra to make 'ultimate She-Ra' is probably the best option here folks.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

    Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

  16. #16
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Eh, more like 1.5. For example, She-Ra 2.0 was a significant change, new waist articulation, new sculpt on the wrists/boots, chest deco, skirt change, etc.

    The He-Man update had red removed from the eyes/less shine and a thinner loin cloth. More like a repaint.

    Is anyone calling Skeletor with the different, more closed hand Skeletor 2.0? I'm not.
    But Bubble-Power She-Ra is a different variant of the character altogether (just like Thunder-Punch He-Man), rather than an improved version of regular She-Ra. To actually get a She-Ra 2.0 (an iconic-looking She-Ra but with corrected articulation so she can ride Swiftwind) you need to buy both regular She-Ra 1.0 and BP She-Ra, discard half of each and mix-and-match the rest. So, to get an improved-articulation (what I called 3.0) regular He-Man, you need to buy the regular reissue (2.0) He-Man, buy the upcoming New Adventures He-Man variant, swap hands and discard the rest of the latter—supposing, of course, that NA He-Man's newly-tooled ball-jointed hand is engineered to be compatible with regular He-Man, which I wouldn't take for granted given the history of incomprehensibly-missed golden opportunities that Mattel Design is known for.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  17. #17
    Heroic Subscriber He-Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Posts
    790
    HAHA... So much for your Jedi Mind Fail.

  18. #18
    I'm Galactic! ChgoMarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The great state of IL
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Getting the new wrist articulation with a future He-Man variant and mix-matching to make 'ultimate' He-Man, as with mix-matching She-Ra and BP She-Ra to make 'ultimate She-Ra' is probably the best option here folks.
    Agreed. I'm thinking they will use the new wrist and ankles for Flying Fist and then we can swap armor
    Real friends are better than plastic ones.

  19. #19
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,573
    Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc View Post
    Agreed. I'm thinking they will use the new wrist and ankles for Flying Fist and then we can swap armor
    Yes, best option.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    But Bubble-Power She-Ra is a different variant of the character altogether (just like Thunder-Punch He-Man), rather than an improved version of regular She-Ra. To actually get a She-Ra 2.0 (an iconic-looking She-Ra but with corrected articulation so she can ride Swiftwind) you need to buy both regular She-Ra 1.0 and BP She-Ra, discard half of each and mix-and-match the rest. So, to get an improved-articulation (what I called 3.0) regular He-Man, you need to buy the regular reissue (2.0) He-Man, buy the upcoming New Adventures He-Man variant, swap hands and discard the rest of the latter—supposing, of course, that NA He-Man's newly-tooled ball-jointed hand is engineered to be compatible with regular He-Man, which I wouldn't take for granted given the history of incomprehensibly-missed golden opportunities that Mattel Design is known for.
    This can easily be checked with Bow, as I'm guessing the left hand is the same hand he has.
    But yeah, handswap to an "old" he-man buck would be best bet of an updated He-Man.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

  21. #21
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    8,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    No. The 30 dollar party pack allotment sold out. We still have plenty of single He-man(s).
    Since it isn't sold out, I am closing the thread in order to avoid confusion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •