Thread: Any MOTU toy collecting books or detailed collecting websites??

Hybrid View

Widget

Any MOTU toy collecting books or detailed collecting websites??

Hey Everyone,

I'm just getting back into collecting. I have a few loose figures and a lot of carded figures I bought about 12 years ago but that's about it. I don't really know a whole lot about the series other than the main items. I'd like to find out more about the various variants and what weapons, accessories, and comics came with each figure. It'd be very helpful as I try to flesh out my loose and carded collection.

Is there a book or website where I can get this information? Or, does anyone have it written up in a spreadsheet or anything that they'd be willing to share???

Thanks!

This site has the BEST guide for collecting in my opinion. That's how I completed my son's. Just click on the collecting link and go from there.

Widget
    This site is very good but it seems to be missing a lot of the details I'd like to know. When variants were introduced for cards and figures for example. It also takes quite a long time to get to the information that is here. Just wondering if there is a better more detailed listing. A book would be awesome. I would be surprised if one doesn't already exist.

There were recently a number of carded figures on eBay that appeared to be repackaged on fake cards. Quite a few posters here pointed out issues with the items that indicated they weren't originals. I know it came from years of experience but it seems like the knowledge would benefit a lot of people. I'm hoping it's written up somewhere. If not, is anyone working on it?

I've had the same questions as you, aumfc, and it seems to be tricky to find that sort of information in one place.
    There's actually a thread here on the .org that might be of interest to you:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...OTU-variations

Perhaps this Transformerlands MOTU-section can be of some help as well?
    http://www.transformerland.com/toysb...php?genid=1007
    Unfortunately variations etc. are not available.
    Last edited by Queen Marlena; October 9, 2012 at 07:26pm.

Widget
    Thank you very much Queen Marlena! Both of those links will be very helpful.

Did you ever find that CD??

No problem. Happy to help.

No, I haven't gotten the CD yet, but I think I will now. :P
    It's still available on the forum, if you're interested. Unfortunately I can't link you to its thread, since it's in the marketplace area.
    The thread is called "Classic He-man Series World Variants Encyclopedia and Figure Picture Gallery CD" and the sellers username is JOAH-MAN.

Good luck!