Thread: MOTUC custom Hans-Some

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar

MOTUC custom Hans-Some

Hey guys, I've got several customs that I 'revealed' at Power-Con, first up is Hans-Some from the Tomart Action Figure Digest and the Power & Honor Catalogue. Hans-Some is a concept design, originally for the vintage 80's line. I finally got around to making him after a very long time of wanting to. Originally I had just intended on making him with his big hands as seen in the concept art, but after I started on the project, it went in a totally different way than I had expected.
    I thought it would be really cool if, other than his giant hands, he could have a special ability to transform his hands into anything he could imagine. So I went a little crazy with the accessories. The blaster cannons are from Omega Spawn from the animated series, the drills are from Puppet Master Tunneler, as well as the saw blade. The beast hands are Marvel Legends Sasquatch, and the MOTU parts are pretty obvious, Roboto blasters and axes, Weapons Rack Shield, Spikor long Tridents with despero gauntlets, and even standard boots so he can do hand/feet stands. That one was just for fun.
    The head is a UFC guy (dunno his name) the hands and gauntlets are Tytus, and everything is interchangeable via magnets, so they are easily swappable. for the accessory stand I just used some tin sheeting that I got from Hobby Lobby. The armor is plastic pond liner sheeting that I cut up (still new to using this stuff) and a Fisto sword end. I had a lot of fun with this guy, hope you enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Awesome! I love it!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Snappy Threader
    So Cool! I love your imagination.

Heroic Painting Warrior GLJossan's Avatar
    Behind Sorceress' shower curtain with a camera... Better known as NJ.
    This is awesome and all I could think of when I saw this was "Move over Fisto, let a REAL 'Hands-On' man take over."

Nice custom M.E., he looks like he fell right out of the Power & Honor book!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    dang man. Very very well done. great work!!!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    very creative!

have you considered the idea of trying to give him some extra height in lower part?

Too fun! I think the head is from Douglas Gordon...the only reason I know him is because he was in Godzilla Final Wars. http://content9.flixster.com/questio...462503_std.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    This is the first time I have liked a Han-some custom as al the other ones I have seen remind me of dcs plastic man. The head looks to be a dan severn head but is perfect for a ravishing rick rude head after he cut off the mullet. My favorite combination is the blade and shield. Well done

A-MAZING! This is unbelievable (was even better in person at Powercon, but I won't brag)....YOU'RE AWESOME.
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

This is amazing! I looked first, then laughed, then totally became fascinated with the possibilities with this guy. The exact reaction my eight year old self had when I first saw Fisto! Great work! Superb!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Loved this figure at Power-Con! The head looks to be of Don Frye/Jakks figure. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    So Cool! I love your imagination.
    Thanks! Me too, but its starting to get crowded... The traffic is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Loved this figure at Power-Con! The head looks to be of Don Frye/Jakks figure. Great job!
    Yep, thats it, it was a Don Frye head. Thanks for swinging by the booth, was very cool to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    very creative!

have you considered the idea of trying to give him some extra height in lower part?
    Not sure what this means, but yes. Yes I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    This is amazing! I looked first, then laughed, then totally became fascinated with the possibilities with this guy. The exact reaction my eight year old self had when I first saw Fisto! Great work! Superb!
    I know what you mean. Its rare to have that feeling anymore, but yeah this guy kinda has the same effect on me.

Very sweet!

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post

Not sure what this means, but yes. Yes I have.
    oops, sorry, poor wording, i suppose.

i meant if you've thought about using bulkier and/or higher boots to counterbalance the huge hands.

Cool looking figure & I like the idea of using magnets to connect the hands & accessories. May have to try this myself on some custom Hordesmen I'm working on.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

This looks a whole lot better than the concept, your figure is way amazing, I really love how you went that step further and actually made him a real stand-up (stand-out) character!

I was lucky enough to get to play with Hans-Some at Power Con.

People, this is one of the coolest, best made, bets painted, and most functional customs I have ever seen.

It's INCREDIBLE!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

There is something about this guys HEAD that really, really throws me. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird.

I look at him and I dont see Hand-Some. I see Feelor-Uppor, or Creepee-Grabbor.

The black beastly hands are my most favorite, but I feel the head would have to change accordingly, to make some sort of Man-Rilla or man ape type character.

Prodigous use of magnets! What did you use; neodymium, round/square, 1/16 thickness? Only curious because I'm using some of them for my projects.

This looks like a ton of fun to have made and display. The metal board/rack/display is perfect!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Wow this is great!!! What a fun figure he would be!

My only nitpick would be the head you chose. I would have liked to have seen a more... well "handsome" face. Something more He-Ro-ish
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

This custom is very interesting!

Many gadgets to equip the big hands of the character. Very good!

And then, as always, very well made!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    DRAGSTOR in MotUC
    ----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    oops, sorry, poor wording, i suppose.

i meant if you've thought about using bulkier and/or higher boots to counterbalance the huge hands.
    Actually I did consider giving him bigger feet. I was thinking about using the DCUC Lex/Mr. Freeze boots but decided against it because I thought they looked too technical. I thought they might look out of place and possibly take attention away from his hand gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I was lucky enough to get to play with Hans-Some at Power Con.

People, this is one of the coolest, best made, bets painted, and most functional customs I have ever seen.

It's INCREDIBLE!!
    I'm glad you stopped by and got a chance to play with him. Most of my customs I just display, but this is one I keep coming back to and changing accessories. He is a really fun figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    There is something about this guys HEAD that really, really throws me. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird.

I look at him and I dont see Hand-Some. I see Feelor-Uppor, or Creepee-Grabbor.

The black beastly hands are my most favorite, but I feel the head would have to change accordingly, to make some sort of Man-Rilla or man ape type character.
    I actually took the head from Molestor (the Molarr variant), so thats probably where the creepiness comes from. I like the idea of his heads changing too, unfortunately he doesn't have that power. (At least in my canon lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Prodigous use of magnets! What did you use; neodymium, round/square, 1/16 thickness? Only curious because I'm using some of them for my projects.

This looks like a ton of fun to have made and display. The metal board/rack/display is perfect!
    Thanks it was a lot of fun to make! A lot of the times customs feel like work, but this guy was actually really fun. The magnets are rare earth magnets I got from Home Depot. Don't know the measurements, but they were the smallest they had if that helps. The magnets are located in the hardware section right next to specialty screws, at least in my store. The metal accessory 'holder' was found in Hobby Lobby, its tin sheets found near the model trains if I remember correctly.