Thread: Xena MOTUC style

Xena MOTUC style

Hi there! Been a long time Had a blast making this and wanted to share. I always wanted to make a better Xena figure knowing that the 1998 figures armor was removable. I never found the right body to transplant her onto until i had a spare She-Ra and removed her dress. Her face was also perfect and I thought I had a winner. I apologize in advanced for the blurry pics of the work in progress. I did not get access to a better camera till much later on in the project

I had to cut her hair into parts and add hair from a WWE diva figure, then used green stuff to fill in all the gaps. Green stuff was also used for the gap between her front and back armor on her left and right sides. I did 2 layers for the sides then sanded it down to be sooth looking and added more straps to cover the gaps in the skirt. I hand sculpted the arm bands and cuffs and replaced She-Ra's feet from the shin down with the Xena feet. I was lucky that the 6 inch Xena's proportions we exaggerated a bit because everything fit really well. Used basic acrylics and spray matte sealer.

My MOTUC figs are all at work on my desk...so it will be a bit before i can have Xena and She-Ra duke it out
    Attached Images Attached Images

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Masterpieceeeee!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Fantastic work! I'm amazed that Xena dress even fits her. Good idea and great execution.

Snappy Threader
    Very nice. I like it.

Wow! Thats absolutely stunning!
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

that is so cool. Xena was one of my fave shows many years ago (actually it still is as I have the complete series on dvd) and I would love to see a fig of Xena that looks like that in stores for me to purchase

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    amazing work, congrats!

Wow! Uncanny resemblance to the real deal. It really flows together, great job!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Fantastic work! Also makes me think Mattel should try doing some other licenses (maybe for single figures, not a whole line)

WOW!! Such awesome work. I'm a big fan of Xena and you did an amazing job on this custom - I want one now too.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

AMAZING!!! Love Xena! your execution is superb my friend!

Awesome! Perfect combo of the parts for this great custom.
    Where are they? Where are your friends now? Tell me about the loneliess of good, He-Man. Is it equal to the loneliness of evil?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This is SUCH an awesome Xena custom!!! I can't wait to see her next to She-Ra. Man, I WANT one! I actually have an extra of that Xena figure...and a few extra She-Ra's./ I might have to try this myself.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

A nice companion for Vikor and Battle Ground Teela.
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

Stunning work!

My favorite day-dream is that one day we'd get a MOTUC Xena as a con-exclusive. It's something that'll never happen, but if in some alternate reality it did, I hope it'd look like that. That custom is sick and awesome and insane. Gah!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Wow. That looks incredible.

Do you take custom orders/requests? I'd love a MOTUC Xena in my collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Wow. That looks incredible.

Do you take custom orders/requests? I'd love a MOTUC Xena in my collection!
    Yeah, you did SUCH an amazing job, I was thinking the same thing! She just turned out really, REALLY well!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Ditto, for sure!

Heroic Warrior
    I'll take one too!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    cool idea & very well done.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

allgirl.jpgsheraxena.jpgxenaheman.jpg

Thank you all for the compliments As promised here are the pics of Xena with the other MOTUC figs. Again I apologize for the bad quality/focus. She was shipped off to her new owner not too long ago. I do want to make another one to add to my collection soon. As far as commision, i don't think i can talk about that here but I can go into how I made her a little more and what the costs would be if you wanted to put one togther yourself I will post more in a bit, please enjoy th epics

Yes please do post more details, as the org has made me want to start customizing. I really can't get over the amount of talent people have. She is excellent. Color me impressed. Now, how about a Callisto?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Was looking at Catra for Callisto (she has the right face) and airbrushing a new lighter skin tone. I have even been looking for a Gabby and Aries to have the 4 figure core set. Its just the high cost thats holding it back, and which version of the characters. Xena had a lot of diffrent looks on the show, 2 of them the most iconic. Her "First Apperance" black and gold, and the armor she wore durring majority of her TV show as the second. I want the show accurate one in my collection but it would take 2 1998 show costume Xenas toys, 1 1998 first app Xena toy, and one bubble power She-ra toy to make that happen b/c of how the skirt on the show costume Xena toy was made and to get all her accesories you need the other Xena (like her chakram) and her feet b/c the first app Xenas feet are sculpted at an angle. On a good day on E-Bay all those parts are still around 60 bucks all together. It's the main thing holding me back from doing commisions
    Xena[1].jpgxena01[1].jpg

Yup. Price is what is keeping me from doing a custom right now. Once I get a full set of Classics, then it's on. Catra would be perfect for Callisto . Keep up the good work.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the pics with the other MOTUC figures. Xena looks fantastic!

It would be great to see your pics of Xena in her "classic" armour/leather once the figure is completed. The "Huntress Xena" (chakram-drawing) action figure might be the best one for the costume since it didn't come with the "dagger" which isn't screen accurate like the original Xena" (sword-drawing). Also, it was only released in black as opposed to the first figure which was released in purple (?) and black.

Gabrielle would be a challenge since none of the female figures have been released with bare arms. A season 5/6 Gabrielle could be built off a BG Teela base, but it would need quite a lot of work. Maybe an Amazon Queen Gabrielle would be best? A BG Teela would be a great a base for Amazon Queen Gabrielle. The Amazon Princess costume might also work, but I'm not sure it is as iconic (and it doesn't show off Gabrielle's infamous abs).

A Catra into Callisto would be great to see. The Warrior Goddess version that was released with Hope would probably work best, especially for the boots, although extra skirt "sections" would be required. And the "bra" would probably need to be enlarged as well.

As for Ares ... maybe a Marzo base? Then a repainted vest from Prince Adam? Or another vested figure?