Thread: Encyclopedia of Dark Horse

Encyclopedia of Dark Horse

I want Dark Horse to make Encyclopedia of characters (that contains MOTUC biographies), species, beasts, vehicles, weapons, artifacts, spells, buildings, cities, regions, planets... including maps and timelines. There are fantastic guides/encyclopedias like this published for the Star Wars universe, and I'd like something similar done for the MotUverse.

Do you want that?
    Last edited by Imp11; April 22, 2015 at 06:50am.

No interest at all in MOTUC bios.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Imp11 View Post
    I want Dark Horse to make Encyclopedia of characters (that contains MOTUC biographies), species, beasts, vehicles, weapons, artifacts, spells, buildings, cities, regions, planets... including maps and timelines. There are fantastic guides/encyclopedias like this published for the Star Wars universe, and I'd like something similar done for the MotUverse.

Do you want that?
    Yes, yes I do, all incarnations, characters, locations, prototypes, everything, a completely indiscriminate encylopedia like yea Star Wars or Marvel & DC have - I also want one for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Sonic the Hedgehog too (and i wouldn't mind a Power Rangers one either actually, certainly for the Zordon-era)

I would buy this. However I would hope it would not rely on strictly using the classics bios.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I would buy this. However I would hope it would not rely on strictly using the classics bios.
    What he said!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

I'd love this, like the Marvel, DC, Star Wars Character Encyclopaedia's you can get.
    What I wouldn't want is them to just collect MOTUC bio's.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Imp11 View Post

Do you want that?
    Only if it is comprehensive, with multiple entries for each character, detailing their characteristics in different media, with annotations.

I do not want something where the author takes it upon himself to reconcile the disparate representations across different media and creates his own canon.

For example, I do not want someone deciding that the mini-comic representation of Extendar will be his official entry over the UK comic representation or vice versa. Or worse yet, trying to shoehorn the two together like the MotUC bios.

Did we not already get one issue, I've only seen the one, of a who's who type comic, I've always liked stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Did we not already get one issue, I've only seen the one, of a who's who type comic, I've always liked stuff like that.
    That was a bit of a nightmare. My studio published one issue then Mattel put the brakes on it. Just too many rights issues at the time to proceed, due to the vintage rights being treated a separate thing from the 2002 reboot.

But that was 12 years ago. A lot of things can change in such along period of time, especially now with them having access to all the vintage material from Classic Media.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    I'd buy this.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: The Soundtrack, Volume 2 Kickstarter going on now until April 7th. Thanks!

Would not be certain that I'd buy this. Bios are always being updated. I'd prefer to reference this content online.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

To be honest, so much of it would have to be original material that I wouldn't be interested. MOTU has simply never been very "deep" or complex of a property, it would just be someone throwing crap on the wall and seeing what sticks like the silly card back bio's in MOTUC.

I would totally jump on this ride...
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.