Thread: Mad Duck Posters MOTU print/poster discussion - New subscription plans (Sep 2017)

Mad Duck Posters MOTU print/poster discussion - New subscription plans (Sep 2017)

Here is folks, full details for the new Mad Duck MOTU sub/club. I hope to see your support! Thanks!

Click here to subscribe today!

Hello to the MOTU Universe! In partnership with DreamWorks and Mattel, Mad Duck is excited to announce finalized plans for our 2018, MOTU subscription service. More than "just" a sub, we are thrilled to present Club MOTU!

By joining Club MOTU, you will receive a new MOTU limited edition fine art poster every month, but that’s not all! Key details:

• Members will receive 12 monthly posters, with a 13th poster that will only be available to members!
    • The exclusive poster subject matter will be decided upon by member vote!
    • Members will have the opportunity to purchase any MOTU poster before any public onsale dates. This exclusive benefit applies to all MOTU posters or product we release. There will be releases outside of the 12 monthly releases, and all of those posters will also be available to members before the public!
    • Members will have the exact same number on their poster for the duration of the club, thus giving all members a matching numbered set!
    • Members will have the opportunity to purchase an exclusive T-shirt created for the club!
    • Members have the option to choose monthly or quarterly shipping to save money!
    • Members will be entered into exclusive MOTU giveaways for posters, shirts, and even original art!

From a cost perspective, monthly price points vary, and range from $50 to $100, with most releases at $50. The $100 posters will be epic 24X36 or 36X24 posters, and will be part of the club on a quarterly basis to help members plan for those purchases.

Need more information?
    Here are the high level plans for Year 1 of Club MOTU, including concepts and artists that will be working on the property for Mad Duck!

High Level Concepts

• He-Man & She-Ra Christmas Special, Size: 18X24, Cost: $50
    • Keldor to Skeletor Transformation, Size: 18X24, Cost: $50
    • POP Rebellion vs Horde, Size: 36X24, Cost: $100
    • Minicomics inspired poster in the Alfredo Alcala art style. Size: 18X24, Cost: $50
    • Teela & She-Ra together in battle, Size: 18X24, Cost: $50
    • Diamond Ray of Disappearance Filmation episode poster. Size: 24X36, Cost: $100
    • Ancients - Poster focusing on King Grayskull and He-Ro vs Snakemen, Cost: $50
    • Despara, Daughter of Hordak. Size: 18X24, Cost: $50
    • Masters vs Snakemen (will include 10-20 characters on each side). Size: 36X24, Cost: $100
    • The Secret Of The Sword. Size 24X36, Cost: $65
    • Palace Invasion – Skeletor and evil warriors attack the Royal Palace (and Masters). Size: 18X24, Cost: $50
    • Filmation composite piece (variety of heroes and villains in the Filmation style) Size: 24X36, Cost: $100
    • Member Voted Concept! Size: TBD!

Mad Duck is thrilled to have so many top tier artists attached to MOTU poster projects!
    Some of the Artists involved:

• Tom Whalen
    • Dave Wilkins
    • Axel Gimenez
    • Carlos Valenzuela
    • Rhys Cooper
    • Simon Soltau
    • Dave Perillo
    • Chris Skinner
    • Ruiz Burgos
    • Martin Ansin
    • And many, many, more!

If you love the Masters Of The Universe and love art, you will not want to miss out on our first year of Club MOTU!
    When enrolling, you will be charged $50, which will cover the 13th, club exclusive poster!
    Then, in the month of December, you will be charged your first monthly charge of $50 for the December poster, which will be The He-Man and She-Ra Christmas special!!

Do not hesitate to join, sign up today!
    Thanks

Click here to subscribe today!

MOTU Sub.jpg

-------------------

Dan's back with a new review! This time he takes a look at the MOTU Battle for Grayskull art print from Mad Duck Posters. Check it out!

Court Magician
    Was wondering it says that we will have a opportunity to posters before they go on sale so if we sign up and we don't want a particular poster can we skip that month or are we committed to buy really excited about this subscription not sure we're I'm going to put all these posters but it's a good problem to have

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Was wondering it says that we will have a opportunity to posters before they go on sale so if we sign up and we don't want a particular poster can we skip that month or are we committed to buy really excited about this subscription not sure we're I'm going to put all these posters but it's a good problem to have
    Hi Skeletor68! By joining the club you will be committing to a 12 month subscription, and those monthly release spots will be required as part of the package. There are plans to release other posters during the year, and members of Club MOTU are guaranteed copies of those prints if they are interested. They are optional as in not part of the 12 month sub, but if any member is interested in another product release, whether it be a club print, an individual print release, t-shirt, or any MOTU product we release, it will be available. There will not be a one hour sale window, or some other limited window. If you are supporting Club MOTU, you get first dibs on any MOTU product Mad Duck releases!

Your support is appreciated Skeletor68! I want take this opportunity to offer potential print collectors a few suggestions about prints. It's a huge collector hobby just like action figures and other limited collectibles such as statues. Some people shop to just purchase art for available wall space. But like any other collector hobby there are storage solutions.

I personally collect prints and action figures, and have now for several decades. A few options for print storage solutions:

• Portfolio Books
    • Foamcore Sandwich (most inexpensive, two pieces of acid free foamcore, with your prints in between, slide under a bed or other safe place-$10 or less)
    • Plastic Bags/Acid Free Boards
    • Flat Files (for serious collectors, can store hundreds to thousands of prints).

You always want to store your prints flat. From a display perspective, all of the core Club monthly prints are 24X36 or 18X24, which is a common frame size. Buying frames can be very inexpensive, or extremely expensive depending how you want to present an image. However, buying standard sized frames and switching out art is the most inexpensive way to display more of your collection over a period of time. 24X36 frames can be had for $25 at Hobby Lobby. 18X24 $15-$20. Whether you choose to use mats, spacers, or upgrade glass is all optional.

- - - Updated - - -

Curious....how many people following this thread plan to enroll before enrollment ends in November?

Side note: I'll have this up hopefully this weekend; early next week if this weekend goes bad (I'm at Baltimore Comic Con right now). I'm still crawling out from under a mountain of stuff that fell on me upon returning from Power-Con.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!

I have subscribed. I would have preferred to have kept the subscription to $50 monthly, as the higher priced ones will be tough. But I have a feeling these are going to be really awesome and didn't want to take the chance on missing out on this art.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I have subscribed. I would have preferred to have kept the subscription to $50 monthly, as the higher priced ones will be tough. But I have a feeling these are going to be really awesome and didn't want to take the chance on missing out on this art.
    Thank you wayne-klops! The higher priced posters will definitely be worth it!

Widget
    Ok, I'm in. Just wondered if this is now a go for sure, as I know the previous sub model did not work out?

Heroic Warrior
    I'll enroll. Could we get digital copies as well, or is that not an option?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I am thinking of signing up next week. Do you know what a general shipping per poster might be here in Ohio? Trying to decide whether monthly or quarterly shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by batz75 View Post
    Ok, I'm in. Just wondered if this is now a go for sure, as I know the previous sub model did not work out?
    Glad that you are on board batz75 and you ask a good question. I'm happy to say that I am going forward, regardless of numbers. I have invested a lot of time into this project, and I love the brand. This version is final, and will go forward, even at a loss, which I certainly hope to avoid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I'll enroll. Could we get digital copies as well, or is that not an option?
    Glad you are in Jun-Yor! Digital copies are not a problem. We will post high quality images of the art, but not at "printing" level quality, as we need to maintain the integrity of the limited edition runs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I am thinking of signing up next week. Do you know what a general shipping per poster might be here in Ohio? Trying to decide whether monthly or quarterly shipping.
    Monthly shipping anywhere in the US is $15. Posters are shipped in thick tubes, rolled in kraft paper with a sheet of glycine to protect the art on the front. The shipping cost is about the same for the quarterly option, within a few dollars.

Mad Duck have released a new poster and it's a non sub special edition as in on sale right now. Limited to 250 so act fast.

She-Ra-Madduck-big.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Mad Duck have released a new poster and it's a non sub special edition as in on sale right now. Limited to 250 so act fast.

She-Ra-Madduck-big.jpg
    Thanks Eamon, your She-Ra poster is truly stunning! I wanted to mention to folks that sub enrollment is still open for another month, but is going very well! This is something you will not want to miss out on....just received the finished art for the He-man-She-Ra Christmas special and it looks great! It is not through final licensing yet, so cannot share just yet...

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone has any sub questions at all, do not hesitate to ask. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KingHiss View Post
    Thanks Eamon, your She-Ra poster is truly stunning! I wanted to mention to folks that sub enrollment is still open for another month, but is going very well! This is something you will not want to miss out on....just received the finished art for the He-man-She-Ra Christmas special and it looks great! It is not through final licensing yet, so cannot share just yet...

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone has any sub questions at all, do not hesitate to ask. Thanks!
    Thank you Brad, it was my honour.....see what I did there.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Thank you Brad, it was my honour.....see what I did there.
    Very clever!

Mad Duck is actively collecting questions on the sub for a Q&A that will be posted in Early November. Feel free to post or message any questions.

Received my email about the He-man/She-Ra Christmas Special poster and variant today.

It is exciting to see this project move forward with the Subscription plan going ahead. No doubt the Christmas Special poster will have its fans, however this is not the style of artwork I would frame or display so very happy I ordered quarterly shipping option and do not have to pay for this item to ship alone. Hoping to see future posters more in the style of the earlier Battle for Eternia or She-Ra posters or the vintage box art prints.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Available to order this Friday! Details from Mad Duck Postrs:

"This Friday we begin the month of December, which officially means Christmas time at Mad Duck! We have three different Christmas themed posters coming yet this year, and we are kicking off the holiday season this Friday, December 1st! Mad Duck is thrilled to present officially licensed posters for the 1985 Filmation favorite, the "He-man and She-Ra: A Christmas Special" with art by Dave Perillo!

The posters have printed, and will begin to ship next Monday! They will certainly be in your hands with enough time to enjoy them this holiday season if you purchase right away!

The release details:
    Regular – 18X24 screenprint, 7 colors, Run of 200, $55
    Variant – 18X24 screenprint, 7 colors, Run of 100, $65

The posters will go on sale at 12PM, this Friday December 1st."
    Click here to visit their online store.

Swanmarsh, our Christmas poster is created in the Filmation style because it works very well with the subject and holiday season. It's fair to say that most of our posters will be done in the same type of style you have seen with our first several releases, but that does not mean we will never do a Filmation style poster, as we definitely will.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Available to order this Friday! Details from Mad Duck Postrs:

"This Friday we begin the month of December, which officially means Christmas time at Mad Duck! We have three different Christmas themed posters coming yet this year, and we are kicking off the holiday season this Friday, December 1st! Mad Duck is thrilled to present officially licensed posters for the 1985 Filmation favorite, the "He-man and She-Ra: A Christmas Special" with art by Dave Perillo!

The posters have printed, and will begin to ship next Monday! They will certainly be in your hands with enough time to enjoy them this holiday season if you purchase right away!

The release details:
    Regular – 18X24 screenprint, 7 colors, Run of 200, $55
    Variant – 18X24 screenprint, 7 colors, Run of 100, $65

The posters will go on sale at 12PM, this Friday December 1st."
    Click here to visit their online store.

Dan's back with a new review! This time he takes a look at the MOTU Battle for Grayskull art print from Mad Duck Posters. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by KingHiss View Post
    Swanmarsh, our Christmas poster is created in the Filmation style because it works very well with the subject and holiday season. It's fair to say that most of our posters will be done in the same type of style you have seen with our first several releases, but that does not mean we will never do a Filmation style poster, as we definitely will.
    I very much look forward to the range of artistic styles used and happy to be supporting the subscription model - I did not expect to want to frame and display every item. Certainly not adverse to Filmation style scenes.
    I wish you well and commend for the initiative and effort.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I couldn’t really justify a subscription, but I received the Christmas Special poster set yesterday (because Filmation He-Man/MOTU/She-Ra is my favorite iteration of the franchise). Beautiful set!

Loving the new She-Rs print. Eamon knocked it out of the park!

IMG_20171212_175126_639.jpg
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!