Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masters Of The Cinematic Universe?

Court Magician

Masters Of The Cinematic Universe?

Hey guys. I've been wondering IF(this is a big if) the 2019 movie is a success, will it be possible if it could launch into a cinematic universe like MCU or the Monsterverse? If so, I would love to see a film based on the Horde or a BraveStarr movie. what movies would you want to see?

Heroic Warrior
    Well, first we need one succesfull movie. Planning the sequel to early has caused problems before (see the last Fantastic Four).
    But assuming that it works, I would do it like this:
    Masters of the Universe (introducing the world and the characters, Skeletor as the antagonist)
    Masters of the Universe 2 (introducing the Horde and She-Ra)
    Princess of Power (introducing Etheria and the Great Rebellion, ends with Brightmoon freed from the Horde)
    BraveStarr (Basically a new version of "The Legend" that actually ends with Tex Hex, but not Stampede, beaten)
    Masters of the Universe 3 (The Snake Men, of course. But in the end, the real Big Bad is Skeletor again)
    Princess of Power 2 (Hordak is beaten, Etheria is free)
    BraveStarr 2 (something about the Krang (maybe a name-change is required because of TMNT) with Stampede trying to use the conflict)
    The New Adventures of He-Man (well, obviously)
    Princess of Power 3 (the Great Rebellion expands into the wider Horde Empire and fights Horde Prime)
    BraveStarr 3 (BraveStarr vs. Stampede - in the end charged Kerium brings BraveStarr and his team into a different time and place)
    Big teamup movie (He-Man, She-Ra and BraveStarr beat the Horde for good, the Horde Empire gets reformed and becomes the Galactic Empire from BraveStarrs time)
    Feel free to sprinkle in prequels, solo movies for certain characters and movies about other Mattel properties.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    Well, first we need one succesfull movie. Planning the sequel to early has caused problems before (see the last Fantastic Four).
    But assuming that it works, I would do it like this:
    Masters of the Universe (introducing the world and the characters, Skeletor as the antagonist)
    Masters of the Universe 2 (introducing the Horde and She-Ra)
    Princess of Power (introducing Etheria and the Great Rebellion, ends with Brightmoon freed from the Horde)
    BraveStarr (Basically a new version of "The Legend" that actually ends with Tex Hex, but not Stampede, beaten)
    Masters of the Universe 3 (The Snake Men, of course. But in the end, the real Big Bad is Skeletor again)
    Princess of Power 2 (Hordak is beaten, Etheria is free)
    BraveStarr 2 (something about the Krang (maybe a name-change is required because of TMNT) with Stampede trying to use the conflict)
    The New Adventures of He-Man (well, obviously)
    Princess of Power 3 (the Great Rebellion expands into the wider Horde Empire and fights Horde Prime)
    BraveStarr 3 (BraveStarr vs. Stampede - in the end charged Kerium brings BraveStarr and his team into a different time and place)
    Big teamup movie (He-Man, She-Ra and BraveStarr beat the Horde for good, the Horde Empire gets reformed and becomes the Galactic Empire from BraveStarrs time)
    Feel free to sprinkle in prequels, solo movies for certain characters and movies about other Mattel properties.
    like what other mattel products?

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe if justice league does well and the dc cinematic universe takes off, masters of the universe can become a part of that...

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Maybe if justice league does well and the dc cinematic universe takes off, masters of the universe can become a part of that...
    i doubt it.

I would prefer if they did NOT do a cinematic universe because then it forces the studio to make the movies complete works rather them always thinking about the next sequel. Cinematic universes just churns out a lot of low quality garbage. I think they should have maybe a master plan for a Trilogy of stand alone movies.

1. First movie would focus on He-Man and Skeletor and would be completely stand on its own merits
    2. Second movie would be about the Snake Men
    3. Third movie would bring in She-Ran and the Horde

Then DONE. No more movies after that. The filler content should be told in cartoons and comic books and possibly a video game.

BCI didn't really make much money off of their retro Filmation cartoon DVD sets except for He-Man and the first volume of She-Ra if I remember correctly. I think if we get a "movie universe" it will just be MOTU & She-Ra. I don't see Bravestarr or other properties becoming a part of it. They just aren't popular enough to push.

I think a cinematic universe is a perfect fit for MOTU. There's so many characters, so many story lines, so many locations, it's impossible to fit it all into one movie, and do it justice.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd rather they put all their time, energy, and money in making ONE good movie first, before jumping into the whole cinematic universe trend.

But if they do want to go in that direction, maybe they can expand that universe to include other aspects of said universe: The Widgets of Eternia, The Dragonriders of Eternia, Weekend at Orko's, etc....

I think a good idea for a cinematic universe would be a MOTU/Thundercats C.U.

This would start with a crossover of both brands and then each brand would follow its own path and every so often a MOTU/Thundercats sequel

I think this would be a solution for these two brands, united.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    BCI didn't really make much money off of their retro Filmation cartoon DVD sets except for He-Man and the first volume of She-Ra if I remember correctly. I think if we get a "movie universe" it will just be MOTU & She-Ra. I don't see Bravestarr or other properties becoming a part of it. They just aren't popular enough to push.
    BCI lost money on everything but He-Man.

Court Magician
    I would include ideas like Stampede of Bravestarr encountered the Horde before.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    BCI lost money on everything but He-Man.
    That makes me sad. All of those BCI releases we so thorough and well done. So much respect was given to every release. What a shame that the company didn't reap the rewards of doing such stellar work.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS TOY GUIDE
    Featuring bios, information, accessories, release dates, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    That makes me sad. All of those BCI releases we so thorough and well done. So much respect was given to every release. What a shame that the company didn't reap the rewards of doing such stellar work.
    This is why companies tend to poop out stiff with the minimum effort and investment.

Behind the scenes:

Everyone in the world underrated He-Man. Entertainment Rights didn’t know what it was worth, and bigger companies like WB made tiny offers for it. BCI made a reasonable offer, then MOTU sold WAY better than anyone imagined and both BCI and Entertainment Rights made a bunch of money.

So BCI wanted to license She-Ra (and just She-Ra). But after the success of MOTU, Entertainment Rights wanted A LOT more money than what BCI paid for He-Man. And they decided that whoever was going to license POP also had to license the rest of the Filmation catalog (not counting Fat Albert and Archies that were with Ventura, or any of the shows that WB owned), since they knew that without any of the big properties, no one would license all the minor ones.

BCI ended up spending way more money to acquire a slew of products that none of which (except the first few POP titles) ended up selling well. So while BCI made a ton of money on the first deal, they lost a ton of money on the second.

Court Magician
    if i made a cinematic universe of MOTU i would make Hordak the big bad like Thanos. Horde Prime would just be a title not a character therefore Hordak is referred to as "Hordak the Horde Prime". (maybe i could include the previous Horde Prime in a flashback fighting King Grayskull or He-Ro)

Behind the scenes:

Everyone in the world underrated He-Man. Entertainment Rights didn’t know what it was worth, and bigger companies like WB made tiny offers for it. BCI made a reasonable offer, then MOTU sold WAY better than anyone imagined and both BCI and Entertainment Rights made a bunch of money.

So BCI wanted to license She-Ra (and just She-Ra). But after the success of MOTU, Entertainment Rights wanted A LOT more money than what BCI paid for He-Man. And they decided that whoever was going to license POP also had to license the rest of the Filmation catalog (not counting Fat Albert and Archies that were with Ventura, or any of the shows that WB owned), since they knew that without any of the big properties, no one would license all the minor ones.

BCI ended up spending way more money to acquire a slew of products that none of which (except the first few POP titles) ended up selling well. So while BCI made a ton of money on the first deal, they lost a ton of money on the second.
    That is kinda sad to know.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Behind the scenes:

Thank you for that insight! Are you at liberty to say what other properties BCI was required to pick up as a result of the She-Ra deal?
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS TOY GUIDE
    Featuring bios, information, accessories, release dates, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Thank you for that insight! Are you at liberty to say what other properties BCI was required to pick up as a result of the She-Ra deal?
    All of them.

Heroic Warrior
    With so many diverse characters, MOTU could easily be it's own shared universe. Give the most popular characters their own origin films. "Masters Of The Universe" would be the culmination of those films.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelgaard View Post
    With so many diverse characters, MOTU could easily be it's own shared universe. Give the most popular characters their own origin films. "Masters Of The Universe" would be the culmination of those films.
    which Characters should get their own film?

Heroic Warrior
    Teela: Warrior Goddess, adapted from The Tale Of Teela.

He-Man And The Power Sword.

A Keldor/Skeletor film.

And of course a Fisto vs Jitsu movie is mandatory, shared universe or not.

Court Magician
    I would have an movie based on King Grayskull and He-Ro. In my mind i imagine He-Ro being the son of Grayskull.

Heroic Warrior
    You could do a planetary romance. You know, hero from earth ends up on a strange unknown planet, falls in love with the heir to the throne and has to fight some bad guy.
    The only thing I'm not sure about is who the villain should be. Marzo? Prahvus?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    You could do a planetary romance. You know, hero from earth ends up on a strange unknown planet, falls in love with the heir to the throne and has to fight some bad guy.
    The only thing I'm not sure about is who the villain should be. Marzo? Prahvus?
    You mean like...John Carter?