Thread: DC Universe Versus Masters of the Universe Mini-Series #4 Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

DC Universe Versus Masters of the Universe Mini-Series #4 Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

The four issue of the DC vs MOTU mini-series has finally arrived!

Discuss!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Orko, Dark Master of the Universe....
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Orko, Dark Master of the Universe?! Seriously? MOTU has just jumped more sharks than Jacques Cousteau...

Heroic Warrior
    Another great issue in my opinion. It was cool seeing the seeing the various interactions between MOTU and DC characters. It's typical that Batman figured the truth, I guess that's why he is the great detective. I also really liked Dark Orko and am looking forward to what he does next. Looks like the next issue will focus on rescuing Clark and Dark Orko's origins.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Another great issue in my opinion. It was cool seeing the seeing the various interactions between MOTU and DC characters. It's typical that Batman figured the truth, I guess that's why he is the great detective. I also really liked Dark Orko and am looking forward to what he does next. Looks like the next issue will focus on rescuing Clark and Dark Orko's origins.
    I'll probablt get this as a trade, but I may pick up the next issue anyway. "Dark Orko" is something I got to see for myself

I LOVE DARK ORKO!!!!! Great issue!
    I am the center of my own Universe!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So Orko might have been transformed by someone else, just like Orko has changed Skeletor? He's transformed the Trollans into these blue skinned beasts?

"Such is the way of the Horde!" So Orko was transformed by Hordak?!!

Next issue: The Story Of Dark Orko (I guess we find out what happened to him...)

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So Orko might have been transformed by someone else, just like Orko has changed Skeletor? He's transformed the Trollans into these blue skinned beasts?

Next issue: The Story Of Dark Orko (I guess we find out what happened to him...)
    Either that, or maybe Horde Prime had a hand in this? I'm not sure if he was transformed recently, as he mentioned at the end of the last mini series that he's been laying in wait for some time. I was completely confused by this turn.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

Dark Orko for SDCC exclusive

Eh, the issue was alrigt. I am really more interested, as I am sure many others are, with what happened to Orko.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

It feels very padded and small in scope. Not nearly as epic as it should be.

Hope you all enjoy your Dark Orko figure, I mean Nameless One.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

As I said in the other thread, Martian Manhunter would handle himself far better against Battle-cat.

But typical fourth issue in a miniseries stretch out what's going on to get to the number of issues you want instead of building something up.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I kinda like that Swamp thing came to the defense of MossMan, not as if he needed it. I liked that they share a connection to The Green. However, I would hope that Skytree is worked into the mythology.

They are actually called the Justice League Dark?!?!? That is the TEAM name?
    Do they watch the Crow and listen to The Cure while cutting?
    I thought it was just the title of the book...The Sentinels of magic where so much cooler name!
    Almost everything I see about the New 52 makes me want to bang my head against the wall!

Did anybody else pick up on the reference to the Coin Trick that came with the original toy?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    It's typical that Batman figured the truth, I guess that's why he is the great detective.
    I half expected him to say "I didn't fall for Skeletor's tricks because I'm batman" ...They clearly resisted the urge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Recall back to the Orko digital issue, the first mini series about the Skull of Power. Hordak called it father in his (lack of) Origin issue. No doubt (and I pray it to be the case!) Dark Orko is not really Orko, but a manifestation of Horde Supreme. (by far the most STUPID sentence I have ever had the displeasure of tying... ******* disgusting!)

(FYI, that anger is directed at Mattel & DC. Not you buddy!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    As I said in the other thread, Martian Manhunter would handle himself far better against Battle-cat.
    Completely agree. They really nerfed MM, but then they almost always do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadkiel View Post
    Dark Orko for SDCC exclusive

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    It feels very padded and small in scope. Not nearly as epic as it should be.
    This issue, or the series as a whole?
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; January 16, 2014 at 12:44am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    I enjoyed this issue. It was great seeing some more interaction and battles. The art and coloring were fantastic!

Look forward to seeing how this all pans out. This inclusion of 3 Justice League teams and Swamp Thing make the threat of the Masters quite a serious one. I do wish Skeletor's lackeys were involved, I miss them!

Also I'm kind of diggin' Dark Orko, he would look pretty awesome as an over-sized Classics figure. For an alternate universe MOTU canon, its not bad...

I enjoyed it and think it's coming along quite nicely as a little side adventure. At this point I am mostly curious about what happens to Marlena at the end of this series, because she's yet to appear in the regular series alongside Randor... and the regular series right now is ahead of this DC/MOTU mash-up in the timeline. So, where is she?
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

I really liked swamp thing saving moss man, good issue.

What a fantastic nod to the old school Princess of Power media we have in this issue and the last issue. The beasts that serve Orko are non other than the beast Shadow Weaver summoned from the Daek Pool inthe Ladybird book She-Ra and the Dark Pool. The resemblance is to close to be chance! It's a nice nod to is She-Ra fans.

Read the book here!

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/ite...05&image=21069
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    What a fantastic nod to the old school Princess of Power media we have in this issue and the last issue. The beasts that serve Orko are non other than the beast Shadow Weaver summoned from the Daek Pool inthe Ladybird book She-Ra and the Dark Pool. The resemblance is to close to be chance! It's a nice nod to is She-Ra fans.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...pscbb8467c.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps85ffa887.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...psdbc56aeb.jpg

Read the book here!

Wow, excellent catch! And despite that we know she wasn't from Trolla, Shadow Weaver's appearance has always lent itself over to a link with Orko somehow.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

To say I thought the first issue of this series was terrible, the next three issues have been amazing IMO. Way better then the main series in fact.
    I don't know if this has already been suggested in another thread but I think The Unnamed One's spirit has taken control of Orko's body and he hasn't actually willingly betrayed the Masters or turned evil.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...pscbb8467c.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps85ffa887.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...psdbc56aeb.jpg

Read the book here!

I have to disagree with you on that one. Just a close resemblance. The monsters look is what a demonized Trollan would look like which is what they are supposed to be.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    A fake Superman eh? So it looks like He-Man didn't defeat Superman after all, which means Superman is still 1 for 0 when it comes to fights with He-Man (historically speaking, since Superman defeated He-Man in the 82 DC comic).

Also, Dark Orko is a shark-jumpingly bad idea.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    A fake Superman eh? So it looks like He-Man didn't defeat Superman after all, which means Superman is still 1 for 0 when it comes to fights with He-Man (historically speaking, since Superman defeated He-Man in the 82 DC comic).

Also, Dark Orko is a shark-jumpingly bad idea.
    It's not over yet Penny, He-Man could still whoop some Man of Steel butt!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!