Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 115

Thread: Animated sneak peak from Titmouse Animation!

  1. #1
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    31,735

    Animated sneak peak from Titmouse Animation!

    A sneak peak still from some Masters of the Universe animation by Titmouse Animation, shared by Mattel! Could more be coming?

    Share your thoughts!

    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!


  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior Rodster6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,313
    Hopefully we'll get a proper MOTU direct to DVD animated movie or something not comedy skits.

  3. #3
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    31,735
    That would be cool. But I'm down to also see a funny MOTU cartoon. I think MOTU lends itself well to all genres of storytelling.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!


  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    97
    Please. God. NO.

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    76
    I'm cool with a comedic take of MotU, there's a lot to make and have fun with the property. Today's TV animation calls for it: how well did the more recent, serious adventure animations do and last?

    Comedy is the way to go, if you want to snag the young folks.

  6. #6
    Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lansing, KS
    Posts
    794
    I'm not opposed to a comedy version of MOTU, it may work better as shorts (two or three in a half hour program). Seeing as Samurai Jack is getting a whole new season on Toonami next year I think it would be a shame to forgo the core sci-fi+fantasy action-adventure for a comedy altogether.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; December 3, 2015 at 03:35pm.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    East York, Ontario
    Posts
    1,942
    If the comedy is on par with something like Adventure Time or Teen Titans Go!, but worked within the sensibilities of what makes MOTU "MOTU", then I would be down with this
    Last edited by grenadaspice; December 5, 2015 at 01:28am.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Italy (Rome)
    Posts
    1,879
    Horrible animation and poor sense of humor. Where is the High Fantasy world building concept of the MOTU Universe? This has nothing to do with MOTU. These are just random stuff dropped there without purpose.
    Last edited by granamyr80; December 3, 2015 at 04:59pm.

  9. #9
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    9,112
    When it comes to an official release, I'd rather have a direct to dvd movie or animated series in the more traditional sense. I don't mind a few comedic elements, but I don't want something that is half-comedy or more.

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    3,188
    I hope this is not comedy along the lines of other shows shown in its site (Metalacolypse, Super Jail, Black Dynamite), which is very violent and graphic. That's fine for those shows, but doesn't fit with MOTU in my opinion. If it's more along the lines of Venture Brothers, it may not be so bad.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

  11. #11
    SoH Supporter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    6,378
    I'm not a fan of the style. I would prefer something closer to DC Animation.

  12. #12
    King of He KingHe-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    31
    IF you do it as little dc style shorts as stated yes most definitely my kids would love it but this property desperately needs a full on dc animated style dvd series. at lest three parter.
    He who has the Power rules the Universe, and I HAVE THE POWER!!!!

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior InThe80s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I hope this is not comedy along the lines of other shows shown in its site (Metalacolypse, Super Jail, Black Dynamite), which is very violent and graphic. That's fine for those shows, but doesn't fit with MOTU in my opinion. If it's more along the lines of Venture Brothers, it may not be so bad.
    Considering that titmouse is the creator of Super Jail pretty much anything they produce is guaranteed to be a disappointment. I am a firm believer there is a difference between comedy and just being crass and offensive. If Mattel has any sense at all left they would not let titmouse touch MOTU.

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    341
    And the cycle continues. Mattel will sanction this comedic garbage of MOTU, no one not even the fans will watch it because it's crap animation and comedic. It will then get cancelled and Mattel will take the message of "No one likes MOTU".
    Oh and as for the darker more serious animated adventures: remember Young Justice? It didn't get cancelled because no one was watching it, people loved it and got awesome ratings. It got cancelled because too many women were watching it, not their target demographic: pre-teen boys. Again it had the ratings despite the Cartoon Network switching new episodes on and off again at random times, just not the "right demographic". See the article here: http://io9.com/paul-dini-superhero-c...y-f-1483758317

  15. #15
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    Considering that titmouse is the creator of Super Jail pretty much anything they produce is guaranteed to be a disappointment. I am a firm believer there is a difference between comedy and just being crass and offensive. If Mattel has any sense at all left they would not let titmouse touch MOTU.
    You are basing an entire animation studio based off one show you don't like? Wow.

    They also produce The Venture Brothers, the intro to Avatar: The Last Airbender, Metalocalypse, some excellent animated sequences from Community, GI Joe Resolute, and a BUNCH of other really cool things in animation. If Titmouse Inc is going to be doing a new animated He-Man show, I believe they can bring the Thunder. The fabulous, fabulous Thunder.
    Last edited by Faust; December 5, 2015 at 04:00am.

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior Grimbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    Today's TV animation calls for it: how well did the more recent, serious adventure animations do and last?
    Several seasons unless it's on Cartoon Network!

  17. #17
    cow tools chrisbryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,641
    I thinks its great! Any exposure for MOTU is awesome in my book.

    I kinda of wish they would do a half hour special Robot Chicken MOTU. The Robot Chicken shorts even made my wife laugh.
    Is not not licking toads

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Italy (Rome)
    Posts
    1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    You are basing an entire animation studio based off one show you don't like? Wow.

    They also produce The Venture Brothers, the intro to Avatar: The Last Airbender, Metalocalypse, some excellent animated sequences from Community, GI Joe Resolute, and a BUNCH of other really cool things in animation. It Titmouse Inc is going to be doing a new animated He-Man show, I believe they can bring the Thunder. The fabulous, fabulous Thunder.
    With that kind of horrible animation? If this is the way that they will bring back MOTU, then good luck with that and sweet dreams. Filmation's animation was great for its time not abomination like that.

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,775
    I can't relate to that horrible artwork. Ruins it for me.

  20. #20
    Born A Monster wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,736
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

    and if you get the chance

    Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

  21. #21
    anime hyper style Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    392
    Getting a Brock/Monarch vibe from the still.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior Rodster6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,313
    I can't imagine when anyone who would like a new MOTU cartoon would instantly imagine it being styled like this. Is anyone a fan of MOTU for the comedy antics of it? I know it had goofy aspects but it wasn't a comedy show.

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior Grimbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I can't relate to that horrible artwork. Ruins it for me.
    It's a comical style and it seems skillfully done. To call it horrible (at least now*) is just wrong. It's just not meant to be taken seriously.

    *After all, it's just one pic.
    Last edited by Grimbot; December 4, 2015 at 07:27pm.

  24. #24
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    With that kind of horrible animation? If this is the way that they will bring back MOTU, then good luck with that and sweet dreams. Filmation's animation was great for its time not abomination like that.
    You are clearly not a fan or student of animation if you can call the shows I listed abominations. The art (The drawings and paintings) from Filmation was great...but the animation was pretty cheap in its production. Even for the time it came out, the actual frame by frame animation for He-Man and the Masters of the Universe was clearly a cheap, cost cutting way of saving money.
    I am guessing you are just not a fan of the artwork you are seeing and not the actual animation that Titmouse produces. The modern form of animated shows blows anything away from the cartoons of the 80's.
    I can understand not being a fan of the more cartoony style of art, but there is no way I can think the animation was better back then. None of the shows I listed recycle entire sequences from past episodes the way the old He-Man hilariously did all the time.
    The level of detail in the artwork for the old Filmation series is still incredible to look at, namely the painted backgrounds, and I am a huge fan of the old cartoon, but I would be a fool to think that crap way the show was animated is even close to being as good as modern shows. The ART was fabulous, the ANIMATION...not so fabulous. Take off your nostalgia goggles and see clearly...
    And hey, at least the modern shows are intentionally funny as opposed to the He-Man cartoon....
    Last edited by Faust; December 5, 2015 at 04:04am.

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Italy (Rome)
    Posts
    1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    You are clearly not a fan or student of animation if you can call the shows I listed abominations. The art (The drawings and paintings) from Filmation was great...but the animation was pretty cheap in its production. Even for the time it came out, the actual frame by frame animation for He-Man and the Masters of the Universe was clearly a cheap, cost cutting way of saving money.
    I am guessing you are just not a fan of the artwork you are seeing and not the actual animation that Titmouse produces. The modern form of animated shows blows anything away from the cartoons of the 80's.
    I can understand not being a fan of the more cartoony style of art, but there is no way I can think the animation was better back then. None of the shows I listed recycle entire sequences from past episodes the way the old He-Man hilariously did all the time.
    The level of detail in the artwork for the old Filmation series is still incredible to look at, namely the painted backgrounds, and I am a huge fan of the old cartoon, but I would be a fool to think that crap way the show was animated is even close to being as good as modern shows. The ART was fabulous, the ANIMATION...not so fabulous. Take off your nostalgia goggles and see clearly...
    And hey, at least the modern shows are intentionally funny as opposed to the He-Man cartoon....
    First cheap or not animation, the Filmation's art visually was superb. And saying that as not a huge fan of the cartoon itself. The art that Titmouse produce here is worst than the artwork that a six years old can create. But at the end it's matter of personal taste. Visually i believe that this kind of animation doesn't fit MOTU at all, neither do justice at the franchise, especially comparing with all the previous He-Man cartoons, not only the Filmation one.

    Second MOTU is an action Fantasy cartoon, not a comedic one like the Looney Toons. It had its funny moments, there is no doubt about that, but He-Man is not Bugs Bunny. That's the big difference. The comparison should be with other recent action cartoon series like the Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes, Justice League, or the recent Thundercats. Even during the 80's He-Man was part of the action cartoons from this period, like Blackstar, Thundercats, Transformers, which had the purpose to sell action figures, toys and playsets.
    Last edited by granamyr80; December 5, 2015 at 07:45am.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •