Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: New He-Man video game for iPad, iPhone & Android!- Now Available on Google Play

auuuuuugh the agony.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Nothing to officially announce?!?!?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! And here I thought we would have actually had an Android version before Christmas 2012.....

Ahhh, the wait continues............
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Nothing to officially announce?!?!?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! And here I thought we would have actually had an Android version before Christmas 2012.....

Ahhh, the wait continues............
    I'm beginning to think the wait may be futile.....

Thanks for the answer, Jukka!

... And yet, sadness
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Try unlocking some of the concept stuff. There was more Filmation influence in there like the Filmation He-Man smiling in the corner where the life meter is. They removed it, probably due to copyright reasons. I would have been turned off by too much Filmation stuff and liked it less. So not everyone is going to follow you no matter how many times and ways you say it.
    As you said, it was likely a copyright issue as to why that tiny graphic was changed.

That said, sometimes I wonder what exactly it is people are trying to argue.

We both seem happy with the game. I believe the game is heavily Filmation/License Guide influenced - the characters are clearly based on the Filmation versions with more MOTUC styled bodies. The atmosphere, the music, the enemy selection - sure, there is a bit of 200x and other influences here and there, but it's instantly recognizable to anyone who simply just saw the Filmation show.

My feeling is that this is one key reason that the game has been so successful. Tens of millions of people grew up watching the program, and undoubtedly the reason it has done so well is from people seeing, "Hey, He-man! I remember watching that show!" One just needs to read the reviews to see that.

So I'm not sure what you are arguing - that it can't be so Filmation because you wouldn't like it then? We both like the game, but we must just see very different things in it, because while it does have the MOTUC "feel", every frame seems dripping in Filmation influence to me - even the dialogue points this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I beg to differ. IMO the biggest impact was made from the toy line.

Even when I was a kid, pretty much EVERYONE I knew bought and played with MotU, but many simultaneously acknowledged how hokey and campy the cartoon was.

Sure, it gave wider exposure and introduced some new play pattern elements for the toys to be enjoyed by, but at least in my experience and what I witnessed, the toon was always secondary to the figures.
    But you must remember, the sheer numbers.

Millions of people bought the toys. But tens of millions of children grew up watching the sow, which still aired on television regularly years after the toy line ended. Tens of millions of children who never owned a MOTU toy.

That's simply all was saying - we forget sometimes, but outside .ORG, the majority of people identify He-man and She-ra from the show. When you say those names to people, in general the first thing you will hear is some reference to holding up the sword and saying, "I have the power!" It's a sheer matter of numbers.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'm beginning to think the wait may be futile.....
    As much as I hate to admit it....... so do I...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I am all waiting to play this dang game! Why can't they just convert it to Android?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I am all waiting to play this dang game! Why can't they just convert it to Android?!?!
    They promised to convert it in a month...now it's just a year...

Heroic Warrior
    Finally had a chance to play this, as my g/f d/l it for her iPhone. Pretty cool stuff. Wish I could play it on an iPad though. Maybe someday.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I've come to accept that as I will never own an Ipad or Iphone, I will never get to play this awesome game. I hope someday someone makes a He-man game for PSN or Android that us Anti-Apple folks can enjoy.

i just want a console game at this point.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Finally got to play this thing. Haven't got very far yet, but the controls make the jumping/platform stuff a bit annoying.

The wink-wink jokes are also a bit heavy handed, but overall it's great to see these familiar faces in a game!

Battle Armor He-Man update now available!

And they added king hssss as well
    Masters of the Universe Fan for Life

My Feedback:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Jemabo2

Awesome! I was just thinking this game needed an update.

Good times!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Awesome! I hadn't even played through as She-Ra yet!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com

Not seeing any options to play as BA He- Man. Is this a glitch on mine?

I think it's a new option when you die, you can "roll" a Battle Armor? I think? I've yet to see it work. *shrugs*

I was kinda hoping for a new way to play all the way through? I'd love more characters too, like Teela, Stratos, BATTLECAT, etc.
    King Hiss is a nice touch in the right direction as is the new Grayskull level.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Looks like that's right. You have to die and roll the armor.

AUGH stop with the updates and give us our android version already!!!!!!!!!! I played for a few minutes on a friend'd ipad, so much fun to play a videogame as he-man. First time ever for me. but I didn't want to spoil it for when the android version comes out. I still have hope!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    I want this for the Droid as well. Though knowing my luck my Droid X will be too outdated to play the game. However I get my He-Man video fix by playing DCUO. I made a character heavily based off He-Man. I even named him HeManWarrior.

I noticed the coming soon battle cat claw swipe is gone now too. Hopefully the are till working on another character.

J

I want this on Windows Phone/Windows 8/Xbox!!

Court Magician
    I too have updated my app and the BA He-Man "coming soon" is gone. I did see it on the wall in Orko's dice roll tent. I've also played the new castle level and it's ok. I purchased the Lore Locator but haven't set it off yet (even though I have yet to buy all the lore I couldn't find). I'm going to die a buch to try and get BA.
    Have constant patience and die a reason.