Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 725 of 958

Thread: New He-Man video game for iPad, iPhone & Android!- Now Available on Google Play

  1. #701
    Scrolls Reviewer Jukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    12,795

  2. #702
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,009
    auuuuuugh the agony.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  3. #703
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Posts
    1,882
    Nothing to officially announce?!?!?

    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! And here I thought we would have actually had an Android version before Christmas 2012.....

    Ahhh, the wait continues............
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

  4. #704
    Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Nothing to officially announce?!?!?

    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! And here I thought we would have actually had an Android version before Christmas 2012.....

    Ahhh, the wait continues............
    I'm beginning to think the wait may be futile.....

  5. #705
    Heroic Warrior GozzoMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    534
    Thanks for the answer, Jukka!

    ... And yet, sadness
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

  6. #706
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Try unlocking some of the concept stuff. There was more Filmation influence in there like the Filmation He-Man smiling in the corner where the life meter is. They removed it, probably due to copyright reasons. I would have been turned off by too much Filmation stuff and liked it less. So not everyone is going to follow you no matter how many times and ways you say it.
    As you said, it was likely a copyright issue as to why that tiny graphic was changed.

    That said, sometimes I wonder what exactly it is people are trying to argue.

    We both seem happy with the game. I believe the game is heavily Filmation/License Guide influenced - the characters are clearly based on the Filmation versions with more MOTUC styled bodies. The atmosphere, the music, the enemy selection - sure, there is a bit of 200x and other influences here and there, but it's instantly recognizable to anyone who simply just saw the Filmation show.

    My feeling is that this is one key reason that the game has been so successful. Tens of millions of people grew up watching the program, and undoubtedly the reason it has done so well is from people seeing, "Hey, He-man! I remember watching that show!" One just needs to read the reviews to see that.

    So I'm not sure what you are arguing - that it can't be so Filmation because you wouldn't like it then? We both like the game, but we must just see very different things in it, because while it does have the MOTUC "feel", every frame seems dripping in Filmation influence to me - even the dialogue points this out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I beg to differ. IMO the biggest impact was made from the toy line.

    Even when I was a kid, pretty much EVERYONE I knew bought and played with MotU, but many simultaneously acknowledged how hokey and campy the cartoon was.

    Sure, it gave wider exposure and introduced some new play pattern elements for the toys to be enjoyed by, but at least in my experience and what I witnessed, the toon was always secondary to the figures.
    But you must remember, the sheer numbers.

    Millions of people bought the toys. But tens of millions of children grew up watching the sow, which still aired on television regularly years after the toy line ended. Tens of millions of children who never owned a MOTU toy.

    That's simply all was saying - we forget sometimes, but outside .ORG, the majority of people identify He-man and She-ra from the show. When you say those names to people, in general the first thing you will hear is some reference to holding up the sword and saying, "I have the power!" It's a sheer matter of numbers.

  7. #707
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Posts
    1,882
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'm beginning to think the wait may be futile.....
    As much as I hate to admit it....... so do I...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

  8. #708
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,607
    I am all waiting to play this dang game! Why can't they just convert it to Android?!?!

  9. #709
    Heroic Warrior NikeBoyRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I am all waiting to play this dang game! Why can't they just convert it to Android?!?!
    They promised to convert it in a month...now it's just a year...

  10. #710
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mad City, WI
    Posts
    884
    Finally had a chance to play this, as my g/f d/l it for her iPhone. Pretty cool stuff. Wish I could play it on an iPad though. Maybe someday.

  11. #711
    Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,404
    I've come to accept that as I will never own an Ipad or Iphone, I will never get to play this awesome game. I hope someday someone makes a He-man game for PSN or Android that us Anti-Apple folks can enjoy.

  12. #712
    Completely Serious. Bri-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    right behind you...
    Posts
    645
    i just want a console game at this point.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

  13. #713
    Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,195
    Finally got to play this thing. Haven't got very far yet, but the controls make the jumping/platform stuff a bit annoying.

    The wink-wink jokes are also a bit heavy handed, but overall it's great to see these familiar faces in a game!

  14. #714
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,653
    Battle Armor He-Man update now available!

  15. #715
    Collector of Toys JeMaBo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    9,127
    And they added king hssss as well
    Masters of the Universe Fan for Life


    My Feedback:

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Jemabo2

  16. #716
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,713
    Awesome! I was just thinking this game needed an update.

    Good times!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  17. #717
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,961
    Awesome! I hadn't even played through as She-Ra yet!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com

  18. #718
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,653
    Not seeing any options to play as BA He- Man. Is this a glitch on mine?

  19. #719
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,713
    I think it's a new option when you die, you can "roll" a Battle Armor? I think? I've yet to see it work. *shrugs*

    I was kinda hoping for a new way to play all the way through? I'd love more characters too, like Teela, Stratos, BATTLECAT, etc.
    King Hiss is a nice touch in the right direction as is the new Grayskull level.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  20. #720
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,653
    Looks like that's right. You have to die and roll the armor.

  21. #721
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,009
    AUGH stop with the updates and give us our android version already!!!!!!!!!! I played for a few minutes on a friend'd ipad, so much fun to play a videogame as he-man. First time ever for me. but I didn't want to spoil it for when the android version comes out. I still have hope!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  22. #722
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    288
    I want this for the Droid as well. Though knowing my luck my Droid X will be too outdated to play the game. However I get my He-Man video fix by playing DCUO. I made a character heavily based off He-Man. I even named him HeManWarrior.

  23. #723
    Heroic Warrior bigsexy_j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    802
    I noticed the coming soon battle cat claw swipe is gone now too. Hopefully the are till working on another character.

    J

  24. #724
    Heroic Warrior CrashWatchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    181
    I want this on Windows Phone/Windows 8/Xbox!!

  25. #725
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    42
    I too have updated my app and the BA He-Man "coming soon" is gone. I did see it on the wall in Orko's dice roll tent. I've also played the new castle level and it's ok. I purchased the Lore Locator but haven't set it off yet (even though I have yet to buy all the lore I couldn't find). I'm going to die a buch to try and get BA.
    Have constant patience and die a reason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •