Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: New He-Man video game for iPad, iPhone & Android!- Now Available on Google Play

Heroic Warrior
    I want Filmation-style.

I want even the music from the cartoon (eg. "He-man, dah dah daaaahhh da da" and "She-ra's guitar instrumental when she was kicking ass during the Filmation cartoon series).

Is this too much to ask?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dura_grip View Post
    I want Filmation-style.

I want even the music from the cartoon (eg. "He-man, dah dah daaaahhh da da" and "She-ra's guitar instrumental when she was kicking ass during the Filmation cartoon series).

Is this too much to ask?
    Probably, since the game is a blend of Filmation, MYP and Classics, much like this toyline.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation is the best so why bother with MYP and Classics.

That's in your opinion. Not everyone who likes MOTU takes Filmation as the be-all and end-all of MOTU, a fact that will continue to surprise you everytime something non-Filmation gets unveiled by Mattel. Some of us were fans way before He-Man was a cartoon.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Actually the new DC Comics is the best.

I was super stoked when I heard about this game and could not wait to get my hands on it, but I don't own apple products! I figured the wait for the Android version wouldn't be too far along so it wouldn't kill me to wait a bit longer. Well it now has been so long that my interest for the game has waned to just about nil! Even if this game were to make it to Android today, I'm not sure I would still want to get it. My excitement over this has disappeared!

Heroic Warrior
    I think every He-man and She-ra product should use the Filmation cartoon as the template.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by isic View Post
    I was super stoked when I heard about this game and could not wait to get my hands on it, but I don't own apple products! I figured the wait for the Android version wouldn't be too far along so it wouldn't kill me to wait a bit longer. Well it now has been so long that my interest for the game has waned to just about nil! Even if this game were to make it to Android today, I'm not sure I would still want to get it. My excitement over this has disappeared!
    While my excitement for this game hasn't waned at all, I am very upset that it is taking so long for them to port it to the Android OS. I am constantly searching for a solid release date, and I am constantly disappointed.... come on Chillingo!! Give us the game already!

I think every He-man and She-ra product should use the Filmation cartoon as the template.
    The best part of the Masters Universe is the many facets from which the characters, stories, settings, plots, etc.. all come from. There is no be-all-end-all version of MOTU; if there was, then it wouldn't have stood the test of time like it has. I love every part of the MOTU universe, sure I have a particular like for the Filmation aspect, but I also fell in love with NA, MYP, and PoP all the same.

You can't make a soup using only one ingredient. You have to add many for the soup to be delicious!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

No offense, but that would suck for those of us who aren't Filmation fans or don't like those elements if they were done better in other official MOTU canons.

My daughter loves that they included She-Ra. She can only beat the first two stages on the first level, but considering that she is only three thats not too shabby.

PC280023.jpg

Also if any one could post any new information on lores they found thats not already listed in this thread that would help out this old dad alot thanks

...android version release.... ANDROID VERSION RELEASE!!!!

PLEASE!!!!

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    This game is awesome.

..although you should be able to use the power of greyskull ALL THE TIME.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    No offense, but that would suck for those of us who aren't Filmation fans or don't like those elements if they were done better in other official MOTU canons.
    No offense back, but the percentage of the people who are aware of MOTU at all ("He-man" and "She-ra" in most cases) who actually know about, much less care about, anything but Filmation is an incredibly small number. Tens of millions of people all over the world only know He-man and She-ra from those shows.

That does not mean it cannot grow past Filmation, but it is the touchstone and building block for most people's knowledge of the franchise. That's why this game is doing so well - it's instantly recognizable, if they had just made a game called "Masters of the Universe" and gone another way, I don't think you would find it would have found nearly the audience it has.

On the topic of the game itself (been awhile since I weighed in) - I obviously loved the She-ra addition and am excited for more. I want some Evil Lyn, Sorceress, and Teela action. I have a feeling the next "expansion" will be villain-based - turn the tables around, so to speak, playing against the good-guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jester View Post
    I just now got around to this update and sounds like i missed some voting . She-ra's got some weird maniacal expression.
    9?
    That was my only criticism. That goofy smile looks like no She-ra expression I know, LOL.

Small thing, but since it is constantly there I do find it a bit irritating.

Let us all remember Transformers movies, and the millions they made. Success doesn't mean one has to heavily rely on the past, even if I do hope Transformers was different sort of movie. Cartoon and the movie has character names and some key character traits in common (just some, characters definitely weren't entirely the same either), and that is about it.

Does anyone know if this is available for the Kindle?

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    No offense back, but the percentage of the people who are aware of MOTU at all ("He-man" and "She-ra" in most cases) who actually know about, much less care about, anything but Filmation is an incredibly small number. Tens of millions of people all over the world only know He-man and She-ra from those shows.

That does not mean it cannot grow past Filmation, but it is the touchstone and building block for most people's knowledge of the franchise. That's why this game is doing so well - it's instantly recognizable, if they had just made a game called "Masters of the Universe" and gone another way, I don't think you would find it would have found nearly the audience it has.
    I realize that Filmation has had the biggest impact, but snubbing everything that has contributed to the brand except for Filmation, like dura_grip wants keeps MOTU from growing.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Let us all remember Transformers movies, and the millions they made. Success doesn't mean one has to heavily rely on the past, even if I do hope Transformers was different sort of movie. Cartoon and the movie has character names and some key character traits in common (just some, characters definitely weren't entirely the same either), and that is about it.
    Let's not forget the outcry that happened and that they ended up using the original actor to portray Optimus Prime again.

That said, I do not expect a live action film (should it be made, I have my extreme doubts that it would work) would follow Filmation exactly. That's a whole other ball of wax.

As my post said, doing a game like this at this time they would have been silly to try some brand new concept/designs - people are buying it because it is familiar and based on what they know, and that's why it has been so popular.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    iOS only.... according to the developers (Chillingo) website.

Still no word on an Android release either. It seems to have done very well on iOS, I can't imagine why it's taking so long to port it to other devices.
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I beg to differ. IMO the biggest impact was made from the toy line.

Even when I was a kid, pretty much EVERYONE I knew bought and played with MotU, but many simultaneously acknowledged how hokey and campy the cartoon was.

Sure, it gave wider exposure and introduced some new play pattern elements for the toys to be enjoyed by, but at least in my experience and what I witnessed, the toon was always secondary to the figures.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    ..uh, what is this thread about now?

Trooper YMCA.jpg

Let's not forget the outcry that happened and that they ended up using the original actor to portray Optimus Prime again.

That said, I do not expect a live action film (should it be made, I have my extreme doubts that it would work) would follow Filmation exactly. That's a whole other ball of wax.

As my post said, doing a game like this at this time they would have been silly to try some brand new concept/designs - people are buying it because it is familiar and based on what they know, and that's why it has been so popular.
    Try unlocking some of the concept stuff. There was more Filmation influence in there like the Filmation He-Man smiling in the corner where the life meter is. They removed it, probably due to copyright reasons. I would have been turned off by too much Filmation stuff and liked it less. So not everyone is going to follow you no matter how many times and ways you say it.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    No, it is currently only avaiable on IOS. It looks like Glitchsoft primarily only focuses on Apple platforms. Too bad.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

The controls on this game totally blows. A waste of 99 cents.
    Real friends are better than plastic ones.

Open minded.

Please excuse my repetition:

androooooooooooid??
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker