Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: New He-Man video game for iPad, iPhone & Android!- Now Available on Google Play

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I don't know about the wide release thing, you are talking about the iOS platform. Routinely games are released and sell in the millions. There is over 30 million iOS users who have an app store account.

There was a article this week that said selling 120k of an app on the iTunes store is like selling 2-3 million copies of a physical game in stores

This is probably the widest release you can ever have for a MOTU item
    I guess I meant it's not a BIG release, as in comparing it to a 'real' video game that costs upwards of $50--at $1.99 it's not quite on that level, which I am THRILLED about since I do have Apple products but am not a gamer an don't want to buy an entire system just to play this one game!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    So they unvailed the game at the art show last night. It will be $1.99. it will be available for iPad in 2 Weeks. And available for Android in a month. Go to my Facebook page to see the first level played by our own bcrduke.....
    Android in a month! Perfect!

Couldn't believe this when I saw it! Looks fantastic, perfect blend of classic influences and modern (but 2D) art style.
    Now I don't get a chance to write about He-Man much in my job (actually, who does?!) but I just had to put together this little preview piece on MSN UK. I also included a link to matty (little reference to the MOTUC classics line there). Feel free to share and enjoy: http://tech.uk.msn.com/features/he-mans-30th-anniversary-celebrated-with-ios-game

Matt
    Freelance live music photographer - check out my website:
    http://www.mattfsphotography.com.dpg.cc/

Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mattfsMSN

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Yikes! Some of those YouTube comments are terrible!

Be awesome for Xbox Live & the achievements alone.
    A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yikes! Some of those YouTube comments are terrible!
    What do you expect? It's YouTube comments on an IGN video. Have you ever read comments on IGN? Combine those with YouTube comments and you have the least intelligent posts on the entire internets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Joezilla View Post
    Be awesome for Xbox Live & the achievements alone.
    Definitely this. I don't play mobile games....at all.

I want Mattel and MOTU gamerpics as well. I'll NEVER change my gamerpic ever again if they did something like that.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I just think this is a good step in the right direction. This a new move. Hopefully a cartoon and then a ps3 Xbox 360 game.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I guess I meant it's not a BIG release, as in comparing it to a 'real' video game that costs upwards of $50--at $1.99 it's not quite on that level, which I am THRILLED about since I do have Apple products but am not a gamer an don't want to buy an entire system just to play this one game!
    LOL reminds me of when I bought an XBOX just to play the Buffy Game.

That said, I still am loving this. I like the "Store" in the video - I'm really hoping ad-ons will be available - new lands to visit, new characters to play. The "overworld" of the game looks like it was intentionally designed to be expandable. Since hearing you can play as Sorceress, I am so glad they are so open like that - I want Evil-Lyn, Teela, etc.

I also had no hope that She-ra or anything PoP would be available, but there looked like some PoP locations in there, based on those Filmation versions. I wouldn't be surprised at all if She-ra herself isn't available in the initial version, and they add a "She-ra pack" adding her and more levels later you can add-on. While I am ever so greatful it's not a "build your eternia" Smurf Village/Jurassic Park/Simpsons Build Springfield game (those take so much time and/or money using consumables you purchase with real cash), I'm more than happy to shell out a few bucks here and there for updates like new characters or levels for a game like this.

Did anyone see this gameplay video? I think it looks quite interesting:

Heroic Warrior
    Man, the more I see of this game, the more I want to play it. Too bad I dont have an I-Pad or even a Smartphone. I am curious about Hordaks role in the game though. So far every preview I have seen has showed him counted among the regular bosses, treating him almost like he was just another henchman of Skeletor. Hopefully that is not the case. (Actually according to that video, even Skeletor himself lists Hordak as a henchman.)

Also for She-Ra fans, its nice to see that even if she doesnt directly appear in the game, at least she is alluded to as her very first mini-comic cover is one of the collectables in in the game.

Thanks for posting the video, Irian! It looks great! I love the buttonless controls. You don't have to worry about keeping your fingers and thumb in a certain location.

All the extras make this an awesome package. I wonder if you'll be able to unlock or buy She-Ra as a playable character.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Where is the information regarding the Android release coming from? I am not able to find it amywhere, all the sites simply say iOS as the platform.

My kids played it today at NYCC... pretty cool overall!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

At the panel, they said they are going to try to have a poll here to chose an additional playable character that would be added down the road. My vote is for She-Ra.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Where is the information regarding the Android release coming from? I am not able to find it amywhere, all the sites simply say iOS as the platform.
    It comes out on Android in a month. The release date for this game is October 25th.

The game looks very good and enjoyable. I hope it can be built upon to add more levels and characters

Controls look very cool. I hope they aren't too crazy to handle on the iPhone, though, since it's considerably smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It comes out on Android in a month. The release date for this game is October 25th.
    Do you know where this information was started?

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Do you know where this information was started?
    At the Matty panel. There are a couple videos posted.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    LOL reminds me of when I bought an XBOX just to play the Buffy Game.
    LOL! I did the exact same thing!!! and it was worth every penny! Buffy was a great game! I would love a MOTU game like that one.

Still looking cool, but I doubt you'll be able to pull off those swiping special moves in the middle of a boss battle, unless they're pretty slow and predictable. Still looking forward to it of course....but I'm still not a fan of touch screen controls.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'm also not a huge fan of touch screen controls but hey...it's He-Man. And if it's good and comes out on XBL eventually I'll just buy it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    LOL! I did the exact same thing!!! and it was worth every penny! Buffy was a great game! I would love a MOTU game like that one.
    That actually was a surprisingly great game.

Man, this looks really great. I do wonder how the controls will be. I think this approach looks pretty decent, but I do wonder how you'll do some of it when you're holding the iPad in your hands.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    At the panel, they said they are going to try to have a poll here to chose an additional playable character that would be added down the road. My vote is for She-Ra.
    My opinion is that She-Ra should be a given in this game, regardless of the vote.

They said in the Mattel Panel that if the game takes off, we might see a more robust version coming for the consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    My opinion is that She-Ra should be a given in this game, regardless of the vote.
    Redhaired Teela vs Filmation She-Ra...the video game DLC battles. I know it's probably going to come between those two.

I hope they have alternate skins...I've always thought that 200X He-Man and Battle Ground Teela would be the 2P skin if MOTU would ever get a video game.

• 200X He-Man
    • Battleground Teela
    • Original Toy She-Ra
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 15, 2012 at 12:02pm.