Thread: Waist spring action feature

Widget

Waist spring action feature

As of late I've been chasing down figures to complete an Evil Horde collection. I have come across close to a handful both of Mantenna and Hurrican Hordak having the swivel waist joint but no spring action. For the first couple of figures I figured they were just broken (happens from time to time) but by the now fifth Mantenna I've begun to wonder wether I'v just been unlucky or if they never had a spring installed.
    I just cracked open an already destroyed Skeletor and seeing how the spring was installed in a standard torso I figure that haven't been possible at least with Mantenna and Hurricane Hordak. I figure Snout Sprout for his build also did not have this action. Quite honestly I do not remember these details form childhood though I did have, I think, all of the mentioned figures.

Other than the figures which had no swivel waist joint, were there any figures that did not have the spring action feature, as in simply just a loose swivel joint?
    "You can destroy as many toys as you like. but you can't get rid of all of them. Toys will be here for as long as children want them. They are the heart and soul of childhood. Hillary and I think that the bitterness people feel as adults… can turn to love if they surrender to the goodwill toys provide. Some people could be saved." - Gabriel, Dolls (1987)

Mantenna did not have a spring waist (mine did not) and I bet Hurricane Hordak didn't either due to his action feature (did not have a vintage one).
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Yeah dude, Zargon is reigning down mighty knowledge with his brain.
    Some action features replace the punch action. Mantenna's eyes, Hurry Hord's spinning weapon arm, Meks neck etc.
    So be cool.

Widget
    Sounds good, thanks dudes!
    That adds a complete Sugarcane Murdoc, Mosquitor and Mantenna to my Evil Horde, which is excellent.
    "You can destroy as many toys as you like. but you can't get rid of all of them. Toys will be here for as long as children want them. They are the heart and soul of childhood. Hillary and I think that the bitterness people feel as adults… can turn to love if they surrender to the goodwill toys provide. Some people could be saved." - Gabriel, Dolls (1987)