Thread: Castle grayskull pen pencil holder wip

Castle grayskull pen pencil holder wip

Ok first off to all the people who wanted a MOTUC castle grayskull your welcome Once again soon as I start something around convention time they announce it at the show. Anyways heres a shot of my current WIP a CGS pencil holder

Anyways I'm questioning the spine I'm not sure if I want to add the side parts to the spine ( I dont know the technical name of them ) this piece is not hardened yet nor is it finished so questions comment are welcome
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Looks amazing so far. Can't wait to see more.

Snappy Threader
    Very cool. Please do keep us updated.

new pics coming I added the tops of this back piece and cooked it I figure I should be able to add to it after if I want.... I'm off...

Very, interesting idea and realization.

I hope to see soon some progress!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    DRAGSTOR in MotUC
    ----------------------------------------------------

I'd add the side spine thingies. That would make it look more real IMO. Good work!
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Ok first off to all the people who wanted a MOTUC castle grayskull your welcome Once again soon as I start something around convention time they announce it at the show. Anyways heres a shot of my current WIP a CGS pencil holder

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...a/DSCF2051.jpg

Anyways I'm questioning the spine I'm not sure if I want to add the side parts to the spine ( I dont know the technical name of them ) this piece is not hardened yet nor is it finished so questions comment are welcome
    Looks aweome, I would add the "Pedicles" if it were me. (that's what the part is called)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Some impressive skills you have there. I want one!!!
    The extra spine things aren't necessary in my opinion, I think it looks really good as is.

That is awesome. I would go with the side spine things, or at least do it to compare.
    Now it is a bit like a dragon back. Maybe the side spine things make a to busy design, but atleast you would know.

Thanks guys and possibly gals I think I'm I'm going with pedicles on in the mean time here some WIPs

So this the left side of CGS, And I totally going vintage on this side. I've marked roughly where I want my areas to be set up on the side of the castle on paper and reassembled the box area, after I added clay to the front and back of CGSthat is you can see that even some of the walls are only half roughed up and just have marks in the clay till I made larger boxes of clay and a cylindrical tube and some tops and that gets me to this point

every detail you see in these pictures was designed by what you see here thats right a pin and 2 razors also a ruler for straight lines
    So I really encourage every body who sees this to try something like this on their own. I did take art in school yes but thats it I'm not a pro artist I just take reference photos and work from there. "sculpt something yourself. IT'S FUN!!!!"

This last one is where I'm at right now as of writing this So I'm playing with the idea of putting another top piece along the wall( again dont know what they are called)but it might mess with my casts of this. I'm also putting some shrinking disk type things under the tower thing. The front IS done BUT i'm not showing that yet as there is a piece I'm not happy with and will fix it after the right side is finished
    Last edited by smanomega; October 9, 2012 at 06:32pm.

this is great, and you are right it's FUN to sculpt. I am almost done my Brown hornet statue, I'm pretty happy with it, I wish I had more room though, I want to go nuts!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure