Thread: Removing Swiftwind's horn!?

Heroic Warrior

Removing Swiftwind's horn!?

My 2 and 4 year old daughters want a Swiftwind to place their Princess She-Ra on. That horn concerns me and I'd like to take it off for safety reasons. Any customizing experts know if I pull on it maybe after a blow dryer will it pop out?
    Successful Transactions with: Jeff_R
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

It's attached to the face mask and comes off with little pressure.

J

Heroic Warrior
    I have a 4 year old, and what we did with her was to just re-enforce just how "good and careful she is" and " look how responsible she is" when playing with things like that, you'll be amazed at how Thay respond and just how careful Thay can be, even at a very young age, the more you fret, the more Thay think it's to be feared, so Thay become clumsy and nervous and it turns into a self for filling prophecy. " wahhh I've poked my eye", " "I said be carefull, I new this would happen",

Just my two cents cheers

It's so soft and flexible...I can't imagine that it could accidentally hurt anyone. But yes, it is easily removed. I recently removed one by letting that mask piece soak in a cup of hot water for 30 seconds. (I microwaved the water for three minutes.) It came off with very little effort.

But if your daughter's reactions are anything like my son's when I tried to do things like this, they will notice right away that something is missing and demand that you immediately put it back on.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrkKnight View Post
    My 2 and 4 year old daughters want a Swiftwind to place their Princess She-Ra on. That horn concerns me and I'd like to take it off for safety reasons. Any customizing experts know if I pull on it maybe after a blow dryer will it pop out?
    just pointing out the obvious truth. No protection is better than keeping an eye on the kids, and making sure they learn how to be safe when you are not watching them. Swift Wind horn is kinda not a serious consideration.
    Last edited by Son of Keldor; October 29, 2012 at 09:19am. Reason: inappropriate playful banter

We grew up with sharp swords and pointy lightsabers, real looking role play guns, toys that actually fired projectile rubber pellets and all sorts of stuff the toy companies are now days afraid of, and we were just fine. Yeesh.
    Remember wooden swords and those cool rubber bb guns? Those were the days!

Oh.. and I have 4 children myself. (so I am speaking as a parent as well.)

Unless your child has a particular habit of ramming things directly in her eye... I really wouldnt worry about it man.
    Last edited by General Hawk 7; October 28, 2012 at 12:44pm.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698