Thread: Liquid Plastic & Molding Rubber from Micheals ok to make figures with?

Hybrid View

Court Magician

Liquid Plastic & Molding Rubber from Micheals ok to make figures with?

Hey All,

Does anyone know or have they tried using the Liquid Plastic and\or the mold making rubber from
    the Micheals craft store to make action figure parts with? I ask as I have a Micheals local to me
    but I don't have access to the two compounds I see recomeneded, those being Polytek Easyflo & Micro-Mark's 1to1.

Any help would be awesome,

Thanks,

Shawn

Court Magician
    nobody has any input?

I've never used casting/mold making materials from Michaels. I've made molds with liquid latex and cast pieces with both epoxy and Allumilite. More recently, I've used Smooth-On products. If you explain what you're trying to do, maybe I or others can help you.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    Those products are a huge waste of money. they are mostly for crafters if you want to get into molding and casting, i can suggest smooth on products.

A bunch of us use their products, I've been using their trial kits for over 10 years, I just recently started using clear resins for castings.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...vDMb05IIKbFkhg

There are a bunch of other great products out there too its just a matter of doing your research.

Be safe and make sure you use this stuff in a well ventilated area and definitely not in your house if you have kids or pets.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Court Magician
    Thanks for the info! Yes I am familiar with smooth-on and the other company mentioned was polytech as recomended in glassman's tutoritals. I asked about the micheals stuff as I have a micheals store locally and if it was any good, which now I know from you guys that it isn't, I was gonna buy local instead of having to mail order. I will mail order what I need it seems and just have to wait for the stuff to arrive.

Is the polytech easy-flo 60 still recomended or should I be using the newer easy-flo 90 newer version?

I plan on making molds for action figure parts to build my own figures for both heman and star wars size figures (6in and 3.75in figures).

I use the dragon skin fast for the mold. It is REALLY strong and flexible so I use it as a 1 piece mold instead of 2 pieces.