Thread: Are He-Man and Adam heads the same?

Are He-Man and Adam heads the same?

Was thinking of using one of my minty Adam heads on my He-Man figure but not sure if they are exactly the same. The He-Man head appears to be slightly more tan than Adam...I think. Would the difference be too noticeable? Has anyone tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    @ He-bro:
    This is not MOTUC forum, I believe he was asking about original (vintage) figures since this is topic at Original Masters of the Universe Forums (1982 - 1988 & 2001).

@ mrguardia:
    It depends in which country they were produced. I believe that you are talking about TAIWAN ones since they are the most common.
    I don't see important difference in face colors (there are differences in first edition Adam-darker and second edition Adam- lighter) but there are bigger differences in yellow paint used for the hair.

I've compared figures made in Taiwan: 2 different variants of Prince Adam, 5 He-Man, 1 Battle Armor He-Man, 1 Thunder Punch He-Man (the soft head)... none of them has identical hair paint but you can clearly recognize that
    - 3 figures of He-Man "Orange Belt" have yellow paint very close but not the same and very much like their is that of Battle Armor He-Man. Close to them is second edition of Prince Adam but still a bit darker hair then any of He-Mans...
    The first edition Prince Adam have a bit darker hair than any of the previous.
    The first edition He-Man, He-man 1982 and Thunder punch He-man have hair color closer to Filmation He-Man and very different compared to previous ones...but still even each of their hair colors is different.

This isn't much helpful so here is some advice:
    If you care about variants and want everything to be original and correct in smallest details then don't change the heads, if you don't care, then change them since there are no differences except small variation in hair paint.

I was referring to the vintage figures. I was going to post pics of the two figures I was considering for the head swap but the org is telling me I have exceeded my image "quota." Any idea how I can delete older pics, if that's even the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    @ He-bro:
    This is not MOTUC forum, I believe he was asking about original (vintage) figures since this is topic at Original Masters of the Universe Forums (1982 - 1988 & 2001).
    LOL, sorry, I just click the "new posts" and didn't even notice what forum it was from.

Widget
    Hi,
    Just looking at my loose collection, He-Man's head is more tan than Adam. I went to MOC, is the same. In my opinion...go for it.

absolutely the same for he-man, adam and faker

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    absolutely the same for he-man, adam and faker
    You are probably referring to the sculpt. I'm talking about the paint deco since I'm considering a head swap between the two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clarris76 View Post
    Hi,
    Just looking at my loose collection, He-Man's head is more tan than Adam. I went to MOC, is the same. In my opinion...go for it.
    So the loose ones are different but the moc the same? Not sure I understand.

The vintage heads do look exactly the same.

By the way...any good techniques on how to remove the heads safely without damaging them?

Quote Originally Posted by mrguardia View Post
    By the way...any good techniques on how to remove the heads safely without damaging them?
    the soft heads just pull out, i did it all the time as a kid, pretty east to pull out and put back in.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

There seems to be some variation. My vintage He-Man has a pale face but darker yellow hair. My BA He-Man has a darker face with the same hair color. I found one Prince Adam that had the darker face but lighter yellow hair, and another one with the darker face and darker yellow hair. I've used his head to replace the too-pale head on my vintage He-Man.

My vintage He-Man seems to have a more cartoonish looking paint job on the eyes than BA He-Man and the two Adams, somehow.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread