Thread: What is the "Battleground" mythos?

What is the "Battleground" mythos?

I see the term Battleground in MOTUC; what mythos or event does that refer to? Is there an event in MYp or perhaps vintage filmation cartoons that I am forgetting? I've read a bunch of mythos stuff here on the .org, but haven't cleared that question.

*Disclaimer- I am only half way through the MYP cartoons (savoring them).

In the Classics storyline the First Ultimate Battleground is a big fight. Happens about 5000 years before Adam, after the great wars, then there's a truce and Eternia and the two towers are built.
    King Powers (faceless one) breaks the truce by having a baby and war resumes. Culminates in the FUB. Depicted recently in the mini comics that came with the quarterly figures.
    Major points - He-ro dies, King Greyskull dies, Adam is there in secret fighting, Zodak banishes Hsss to the void, Greyskull banishes Hordak to despondos, etc.

Second Ultimate battleground is when the towers rise from the earth in the [present time?]. Another big fight and lots of causalties.

The origin of the name comes from the mini comic that came with vintage Eternia.

Heroic Warrior
    There was an original comic called The Ultimate Battleground that came with the Eternia playset. You had Hordak and King Hiss all fighting in there and since it came at the end of the line and because it involved the faction leaders and the Three Towers it's been used by Scott as a kind of climax of the whole story. The MYP Evil-Lyn and the DC comics Teela figure were called "Battleground" to tie them into this epic battle (even though the looks of those figures come from material other than that original mini-comic. They were then inserted into the Powers of Grayskull comics fighting at he Three Towers. A lot of characters die at Ultimate Battleground in Scott's canon which gives way to the New Adventures.

Heroic Warrior
    Primarily Scott's three part minicomic story and Classics character biographies.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

It's like a playground, only with a battle in it.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Thanks for the responses. I guess mini-comic appearance Teela and MYP look Evil Lyn both being labeled Battleground threw me off.

So the original story is from the eternia playset mini-comic and it has been continued in quarterly mini-comics and bios. I guess that explains pre-ternia disguies Adam as well.

It seems quite a few MOTUC characters came out of this story line even though the only vintage reference material is one mini-comic? Does that seem odd? The line has been going for over 4 years and they are just getiting Ram-Man in 2013- yet a bunch of battleground characters have been made. Preternia disguise he-man, King Grayskull, etc...

Snappy Threader
    As far as Teela and Evil-Lyn "battleground versions" while they do appear in the new minis, I figure it's just a way to get new looks out in the classics line explanation wise.....

Heroic Warrior
    Pre-ternia disguise he-man comes from the original POWERS OF GRAYSKULL mini-comic which was the last mini-comic. They only made part 1 of three and then the line ended. He's from there. But because it was also one of the last mini-comics that story is somewhat fused with the Battleground mythos in Scott's canon.