Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Now Sold Out] Frosta almost gone now....STILL... 2 days and counting....

[Now Sold Out] Frosta almost gone now....STILL... 2 days and counting....

She is "Amost Gone" now....

EDIT:

2 days later....still "Almost Gone" Hopefully she sells out soon....not looking good for POP, but here's to hoping that it's because of her flaws, and not just because she's POP....which, I think it's because of her flaws personally.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; October 17, 2012 at 10:05pm.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Snappy Threader
    This is no surprise to me either. especially since the error can be easily fixed. Great character, and adds to the Great Rebellion ranks.....

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    I bought 2. One for me and one for my daughter.

Widget
    Bought 1 for the daughter (along with a Bubble Power She-Ra). We each cherry pick our own collections. Nice to see her POP collection growing.

I bought one of her once I got through the damn WSOD and multiple Matty page errors at 12:20 EST, I almost missed Rattlor, but at least I had him PO'd at BBTS in case.
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Frosta is almost gone!

If you want her, now is the time to act!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    I'm glad I was able to get her. I thought she'd go faster but perhaps the arms issue has kept a few potential buyers away. I wasn't gonna buy her but I decided what the hell.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

It's pretty shocking to me that she hasn't sold out yet! It sucks that she's not perfect, but she's fixable and they're never going to make another one.

Glad to hear she's selling through. I love the PoP girls, and Frosta looks great to me despite her flaws.

Not bad for a figure whose arms were assembled incorrectly. Fortunately it's not too difficult a fix, and it doesn't look awful if you don't fix it.

Not even King Hssss pulled this off so well... nor did Roboto
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Forgot I started this thread.....

Frosta is still for sale....not looking so good for POP this month....Rattlor sold right out....

I know she has issues, but she looks like a really great figure, despite being Stinkor'd. I'll see when I get mine, but Evil-Lyn & Teela, by looking at their gauntlets, always looked like their forearms were reversed, the high points should always be on the outside.
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Frosta is still for sale....not looking so good for POP this month....Rattlor sold right out....

I know she has issues, but she looks like a really great figure, despite being Stinkor'd. I'll see when I get mine, but Evil-Lyn & Teela, by looking at their gauntlets, always looked like their forearms were reversed, the high points should always be on the outside.
    It's nothing to do with POP or the character. Frosta is one of my favourite characters, but I still skipped her. The figure is a complete mess from poor face sculpt and paint apps, to the gray instead of white plastic used on the dress, to the incorrectly assembled arms. She just isn't worth spending $30 on I'm hoping to trade one of my unwanted 2013 figures for her next year.
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    It's nothing to do with POP or the character. Frosta is one of my favourite characters, but I still skipped her. The figure is a complete mess from poor face sculpt and paint apps, to the gray instead of white plastic used on the dress, to the incorrectly assembled arms. She just isn't worth spending $30 on I'm hoping to trade one of my unwanted 2013 figures for her next year.
    Yeah, I know....I was just saying, and I said that when I edited my original post up top....I really didn't think it was because of POP....I honestly don't see that much bad with her....yes, she should have had her forearms fixed correctly, yes she should have been whiter....clothes wise....her hair would have looked better painted and frosted....

I know that is a lot to not like about her, but I still got her, I got Stinkor even in spite of his forearms....I guess it's just how bad you want a figure, you'll never see on Matty again, barring leftovers on a BF/CM sale or something. There's a lot of figures I passed on, and a lot in 2013 that I will be trading or outright selling off, as 2013 doesn't have many I really want to have.

I'm not a POP fan, per se, only because I didn't watch the cartoon, but I still like it, and I like some....of the characters, not all....plus I really love blue....and blue & white looks awesome together to me....probably the only main reason I like Illumina, since I know nothing about her.
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I got my sub Frosta and ordered a day of sale one too.

I buy 2 of every POP character since they're the best faction in MOTU and I want a spare in case 1 breaks!

I'm surprised Frosta didn't sell out sooner, despite the flaws, just 'cause it's Frosta!!!
    Last edited by Killian; October 18, 2012 at 04:28am. Reason: Doomberries
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I ordered her today oddly enough. I just started MOTUC collecting and have only 9 figs yet I ordered her despite never watching the POP series back in the day. I guess the blue colors got to me.

BTW, she's still "Almost Gone". Wonder if she quickly sold (for the sake of discussion) something like 80% of the quantity and is slowly trickling out the rest.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I'm surprised Frosta didn't sell out sooner, despite the flaws, just 'cause it's Frosta!!!
    THIS...

Frankly I don't think this bodes well for the fairness faction groups. Frosta is Awesome. She topped everyone's list of PoP characters. Even MINE... And she's just not selling O.o

If Frosta sits this long... how long will flutterina or Sweet bee?

I just SINCERELY hope she sells out faster than CyChop...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    THIS...

Frankly I don't think this bodes well for the fairness faction groups. Frosta is Awesome. She topped everyone's list of PoP characters. Even MINE... And she's just not selling O.o

If Frosta sits this long... how long will flutterina or Sweet bee?

I just SINCERELY hope she sells out faster than CyChop...
    I think Mattel are smart enough to realize that the other factors mentioned above played a role here. And remember, all the day of sales are just gravy on top anyway. The worst that would happen is that they cut down quantities for future POP females day of.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I think Mattel are smart enough to realize that the other factors mentioned above played a role here. And remember, all the day of sales are just gravy on top anyway. The worst that would happen is that they cut down quantities for future POP females day of.
    Maybe...

She was the PoP I was looking forward to... but frankly, I wanted black lion more. Between 3 MOTUC figures and Black Lion... Oct was an EXPENSIVE month.

Anyone remember how long Stinkor lasted? He had the same issue as her... only worse since he couldn't be switched without repainting... .

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    The figure is a complete mess from poor face sculpt and paint apps, to the gray instead of white plastic used on the dress, to the incorrectly assembled arms.
    I hope Mermista and Glimmer have much better facial sculpts than Frosta.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    ^^^^

Glimmer has a very distinctive face shape in Filmation (shared with Angella), so I'm hopeful that the 4H will capture it accurately.

Mermista doesn't seem to have a very distinctive face shape in Filmation (it looks very similar to Adora/She-Ra), so that could work against her (although, to an extent, all of the 4H female face sculpts tend to look like variations of Angelina Jolie to me).

I bought one extra Frosta outside of my sub. I'm going to use this one to 1) test the arm swap, 2) repaint her hair a lighter color and her gray parts white. This may be the first MOTUC figure I'm pretty disappointed with. She was kind of doomed from the beginning with the first reveal of her face sculpt. Then came the incorrectly assembled forearms and the "design choice" of her hair color and making it translucent. Plus you can see the peg where the top of her leg connects to her body. They could have at least made it blue so it doesn't stick out so much. You can barely move her right leg without it being very visable. In many ways this was the first Great Rebellion female figure presented to fans (if you count Star Sisters in the prototype bucket) that is not She-Ra, and it is disappointing. I think Netossa is going to prove much better in how she looks, and hopefully Glimmer, Castaspella and the rest will be much better produced. I think a Frosta 2.0 is warrented....they just didn't do a spectacular job on this version, and that's what we are used to!

I ordered a frosta in the end as well... Not sure why - I never watched many of the POP cartoons so have no connection to the character, but I think I just really liked the look of it. I couldn't decide whether I wanted her or not and after 4 days of trying to decide, I figured I must at least want her a little or I would have made a decision already. Not sure if I'll try and swap the arms; I'll consider it when she arrives.

Heroic Warrior
    Sell-Outs are always relative at mattycollector

I didn't expect her being on the store so long, hmmmm...

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I think she would have gone quicker if she didn't have so many issues. I've got 2 coming - I'll find out if the reverse forearms, grey whites and icey hair bug me in person though - I think the face is spot on though, much better than the Jackie Stallone face from February.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I got my sub Frosta and ordered a day of sale one too.

I buy 2 of every POP character since they're the best faction in MOTU and I want a spare in case 1 breaks!

Frosta is a three time Idol winner and was even more popular than Glimmer, but only Mattel can screw up any momentum and excitement the character had by making so many mistakes on her.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr