Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital River Ordering/Billing/Renewal/Sub Issues

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I haven't bothered to go through my past charges yet, but it seems as though the extra charges being for last month is what is happening. They really should give customers a heads-up. I monitor my bank account online... and I don't always see what charges actually hit versus what falls off. So it would have been nice to know they were doing this.
    That's being kind. It's THEIR fault if they didn't charge adequately. Some people have a tight budget and then they arrogantly, without warning, do this. After 4 YEARS! After being hung-up on, being told my credit card info is changed (but, of course, come shipment time, it is not), email after email, etc.. This STILL happens. This is beyond "accidents sometimes happen." With such a horrendous track record for customer service, Mattel should be doing EVERYTHING to avoid this type of incident.

I will be amazed if the "My sub" page is up before January, much less actually working right. Why is it that every other site can do this simply enough? But wait . . . it's our fault.
    Last edited by RockinHard; November 10, 2012 at 06:24pm.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Ok, so they charged me 3 authos for a total of $142.48 last month, but now I have a charge for $48.12 POSTED for this month as of 11/8. So why are they charging so early this month?? This is NOT carry over from last month like some posted.

Heroic Warrior
    the charge is from last month's order dated 10/12....which tells me they are catching up to billing us short last month if you have both subscriptions.......which by the way also cost me a nice 35.00 overdraft fee.....(i'm so happy right now)

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Bakull, with the company I work for, if we screw up and cause you to overdraw, we cover the fee. DR should do the same, since there was no notification.

My renewal failed because I left enough in my account for the November figures, not realizing they screwed up last month.

Now, I have to wait until payday to get my sub reinstated, which is the day before the sale...yay.
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

I spoke to Digital River about this earlier today and they told me they had a software issue on their end last month when billing was taking place so they are now charging me 2 additional charges (one on the 8th and one today) for a total of 5 separate charges for my October subs. They assured me this would not occur for November, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I spoke to Digital River about this earlier today and they told me they had a software issue on their end last month when billing was taking place so they are now charging me 2 additional charges (one on the 8th and one today) for a total of 5 separate charges for my October subs. They assured me this would not occur for November, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    They are charging me $88 more than what my subs are for this month. I am not happy.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I will be amazed if the "My sub" page is up before January, much less actually working right. Why is it that every other site can do this simply enough? But wait . . . it's our fault.
    I have been saying that the My Sub page would not be up(actually working) in time for the January 2013 figures to bill/ship, which was the whole point of the flamboyant promise "things will be better! We promise!", that was made to lure everyone into buying a 2013 sub. What a joke. Keep in mind they have been promising this page for more than a year, and touted it's "coming soon!" to get folks to pony up. The whole Matty, DR MOTUC thing has deserved to crash and burn multiple times every year, yet loyal MOTU fans like us keep it going. Gullible us.

There was a glitch that had something to do with castle Grayskull pre-orders, that caused the October billing to be split in three. Problem is, one of them was charged on November 9th, overdrawing my bank account, and DR seems to think that it's my banks fault. I explained that they should have sent an e-mail or something to notify customers, and the supervisor in the Escalation department, Brady, said there was nothing they could do and that they recieved authorization from my bank (otherwise the charge would have been disregarded, and attempted again in 5 days, as per their policy) but for some reason, the charge went through and over drew my account. Gotta love their complete lack of accountability. He said he agreed they should have sent out a notification, but the freaking supervisor of the escalation department had no help to offer. Luckily my bank only charges a fee if the overdraft is more than $10.00, and this charge was less.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    I have been saying that the My Sub page would not be up(actually working) in time for the January 2013 figures to bill/ship, which was the whole point of the flamboyant promise "things will be better! We promise!", that was made to lure everyone into buying a 2013 sub. What a joke. Keep in mind they have been promising this page for more than a year, and touted it's "coming soon!" to get folks to pony up. The whole Matty, DR MOTUC thing has deserved to crash and burn multiple times every year, yet loyal MOTU fans like us keep it going. Gullible us.
    I figured this would be the case. Thats why I went ahead an called in an corrected my billing information over the phone to be sure it went thru in time for the new subs billing to start.

I figure we wont see the "My Sub page" till after january. I honestly expect that to be the "big announcement" at NYTF for us.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I explained that they should have sent an e-mail or something to notify customers, and the supervisor in the Escalation department, Brady, said there was nothing they could do and that they recieved authorization from my bank (otherwise the charge would have been disregarded, and attempted again in 5 days, as per their policy) but for some reason, the charge went through and over drew my account. Gotta love their complete lack of accountability. He said he agreed they should have sent out a notification, but the freaking supervisor of the escalation department had no help to offer. Luckily my bank only charges a fee if the overdraft is more than $10.00, and this charge was less.
    Yeah I've spoke to Brady before, he's told me not to call him anymore, I'll be sure to be calling him every single time.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Yeah I've spoke to Brady before, he's told me not to call him anymore, I'll be sure to be calling him every single time.
    I think he's the only one there who can do the job correctly. He must be the person TG hired to deal with customer service. Now they just need to hire more and get rid of the others that remain so that they can have a more reputable team.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

So does this kind of stuff happen often? Cause I subbed for the first time for 2013, just got into this line, and this thread scares the crap out of me

October I only got charged for Frosta. this month they charged me for Cy-Chop & Rattlor. I spoke with Bradley who runs the DR mattycollector site. He said billing had issues last month so they were charging for the figures that carried over and said the issue seemed to be fixed and so far it is my november sub items all three were just one $78.00 charge not three separate $26.00 charges.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by peveyguy View Post
    So does this kind of stuff happen often? Cause I subbed for the first time for 2013, just got into this line, and this thread scares the crap out of me
    It's not so much that it happens all the time, it's that it happens way more often than it should.

I, luckily, have had little to no problems with DR and I've had multiple subscriptions since the very beginning. I have, however, heard some pretty terrible horror stories from fellow .orgers that prompt me to always be vigilant with my bank accounts.
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by peveyguy View Post
    Unfortunately, yes. Or rather, this year has just been a giant train wreck. This year DR has almost made me want to just stop collecting the line entirely.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Just got a message saying that they are giving me a refund of $8.95 on my 30th Anniversary subscription, after my "request for a refund"(?)

No idea why
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

How do I skip the out sourced DR and get an American?

J

Did anyone already get an email their substriction was renewed? I changed some card details and only received the "get ready,your sub will be renewed" email.
    I want to know whether I need to order on the day off.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I got my TOD Sorceress shipped even though the charge fell off my account, and I didn't have the money to cover it in there. Yay...but I'll get hit this coming payday.
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Should I be concerned?

So with the whole Procrustus delay I didn't get a subscription renewal email for december and at this point I haven't gotten charged for it either. However I did get a subscription cancellation email showing Dekker and Filmation Randor as my last shipment. I'm wary to jump the gun and think I have lost out on Mosquistor and Procrustus but at the same time it has been bugging me. I tried checking the matty forums to see if other fans had the same thing happen but at this time the server seems down. Does anyone know anything about this or should I try calling digital river and hope I get somewhere with that?
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

I would definitely call Digital River. Some people have issues with the CS, but it's better than doing nothing. It might be a simple billing snafu and they might be able to fix it for you. I'd hate to see you miss out on Mosquitor and Procrustus, and I wouldn't trust DR enough to think they'll just work through it.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Just a reminder: the second charge of the year will be coming in February, and that second charge for the past two years has been the one they charge to an old credit card if you've changed it, and then they cancel your sub. I'd strongly suggest that folks who did change their card anytime in recent months check before the Feb charges go through to make sure the right card is associated with the sub. I can't recall the title to search for it, but there is a thread with a how-to for checking that on the Matty site (since there is still no page to manage our subs, and likely never will be). If anyone recalls which thread it is, please post the link. It may do no good to go in a day or two before the charges are set to go through, but it would be nice not to see the yearly rash of sub cancellations right before King He-Man comes out. The annual idiocy last year cost a number of fans both Fisto and Shadow Weaver.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Just a reminder: the second charge of the year will be coming in February, and that second charge for the past two years has been the one they charge to an old credit card if you've changed it, and then they cancel your sub. I'd strongly suggest that folks who did change their card anytime in recent months check before the Feb charges go through to make sure the right card is associated with the sub. I can't recall the title to search for it, but there is a thread with a how-to for checking that on the Matty site (since there is still no page to manage our subs, and likely never will be). ....

What are you talking about Scott? Look what Matty has to say about their exciting new feature?

NEW! My Subscriptions Section

For 2013, we’re stoked to launch the all-new My Subscriptions section. If you’re a subscription holder, this will be your go-to spot to manage everything related to your subscriptions account. You can change/update your credit card information, shipping address, email address, and even combine or separate shipments. We expect to launch around the 10th of January and subscribers will receive an announcement and link to the new section as soon as it’s live.
    January Subscription Key Dates

If you’re a subscription holder, here are the important dates to note for January 2013: Your subscription will renew 5 calendar days before the on-sale date, at which time your card will be authorized for the full amount of your order, so plan to have funds available before Thursday, January 10th

Where could any problems come in here? I'm sure after the debacle of this not working for the first billing date for 2013 subs, they will have it ironed out before the sub cancelling happens in Feb right?

They are lucky, I won't cancel my sub until I get my sub exclusives. After that, I am not playing the "You ship to the wrong address, I pay UPS $5 each month to correct" game.

Ok does someone here know Digital River's US number? They are really making me mad dealing with their outsourced customer service. With my 2012 sub being cancelled and not getting Mosquitor or Procrustus I am furious. I called last week and was told that I would hear something within two to three business days. I called back yesterday to discover the reason I hadn't heard anything was because the order writer was out sick! Seriously?!?!?!? There's only one person doing the orders? No wonder it takes so long for people to get their items.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!