Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital River Ordering/Billing/Renewal/Sub Issues

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Uh... they separated my charges again for this month's subs...
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Court Magician
    Has anybody received an e-mail for the "renewal" of the sub?
    I'm new to this (first year with a sub), so I don't know how this works, but I'd like to receive a confirmation that everything's going the way it's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by legodrew View Post
    Has anybody received an e-mail for the "renewal" of the sub?
    I'm new to this (first year with a sub), so I don't know how this works, but I'd like to receive a confirmation that everything's going the way it's supposed to be.
    i just asked the same question in another thread and i learned that when you bought the subscription last year, your confirmation e-mail(s) at that time are in effect the confirmation of the january instalment ... so they basically already sent us one but 3 months early - hope that makes sense

------------------

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    i also haven't had the standard subscription-renewal e-mail from matell ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    January never gives a renewal... It's technically the fulfillment of the initial sub order (which is still sitting in submitted status in your Order History on Mattel's site until things ship this month) so no renewal taking place.
    Last edited by tmc1984; January 10, 2013 at 12:43pm. Reason: missed quotation
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    i just asked the same question in another thread and i learned that when you bought the subscription last year, your confirmation e-mail(s) at that time are in effect the confirmation of the january instalment ... so they basically already sent us one but 3 months early - hope that makes sense

------------------
    Thanks man, it makes sense

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar

URGENT. my sub needs to be fixed. :(

so, I woke up this morning to the fact that my new subscription isn't going to go through, because there is something wrong with my CC#.

5 months ago, I had someone steal my CC, and because of that, I called everything that was connected to it, including my paypal, and upgraded to my new card number. I also thought, shoot, i am set up with Matty on that old card, so i called, and told them TAKE THE PREVIOUS CARD OFF, and use this new one, cause the other one was shredded, and it no longer is connected to ANY account.

do you think they listened? they were so nice, added my new card, told me it was all good, then i GET THIS EMAIL. how freaking frustrating. is it a sign i shouldn't have gotten the sub? i dont know.

all i know is that when ever you add a CC# they obviously do not take off the previous one, perhaps thinking, well, if the new one doesn't work we have 2 on file (sort of like if someone had to pull out more than one CC at a grocery store)

I am just super frustrated. and I know all I am going to have to do is call, and let them know, but these hiccups shouldnt have to be solved by the customers.

eh.....

I got this also but I just did as instructed in the mail and reorderd the initial figure (2 in my case) and then updated payment with my new cc. That seemed to work as I now have been charged

Same thing for me I'm glad we can do it online than dealing with digital river

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    I got the same "Urgent" email. Very odd as its the same card / billing and shipping address I've used for years and there is plenty of funds available. I did as the email instructed and everything appears to have gone through fine - wonder what the issue was?

I got the same email this morning. I knew the card wouldn't work. I told MC Don on the Matty Collector Boards. I contacted the horrible outsourced CS and they didn't help me at all.

HOWEVER ! I used the link in the email this morning and the new credit card already shows the charges pending, so I'm guessing it is all fixed. Fingers Crossed! I haven't received any type of confirmation email from DR though.

Use the links! It SHOULD work.

*EDIT* - I just looked at the My Subscriptions area and everything now appears correctly with my updated credit card information. Have faith! The website does work.
    Last edited by Kowl; January 11, 2013 at 12:28pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    thanks guys so how much do figures cost for sub holders?

25 for subbers plus shipping. My Netty costs 39.10.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Same email here. Followed the instructions in the email and it looks everything was updated. And to complicate matters more I have used Discover Secure online account numbers for on-line purchases ever since TFCC (and possibly DR) websites were hacked last year. DR had no issue with the new one because I couldn't remember the old ones CID.

Edit: While I was aware of the price increase, I was still kind of shocked by price. It is almost cheaper now to get these through BBTS and use the POL option. In fact for any of the older stuff they sell on Matty Collector now it is cheaper.

Same thing here. Got the email last night, followed the instructions, checked out, and now I see the charge on my card and got a confirmation email as well. It also shows up under my sub page. Total I paid was $38 and change for one figure. $3 tax and $10 shipping, which sucks, but it is what it is.

Well, this is a great way to kick off the new year.

My two subs were charged seperately and shipped seperately. Pretty sure I never clicked a "never combine" (why is that even an option?). When I tried today to combine them via instructions from these forums, I got this message:

We’re sorry, we can’t find a subscription to combine. You may need to update the shipping address/account information so it matches your other subscription(s) or you previously selected “never combine with other shipments,” which can’t be undone.
    Looking forward to more BS with Matty and a fruitless attempt to get my money back on shipping.

What a load of ****.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

For some reason, my first sub went through but not my 2nd. Got the email to "fix" it but noticed that I could use this email to subscribe to Watchmen or DC subs. It allowed to me to start a NEW sub for either of them. I did not finalize it, but I think this is odd. Waiting on a friend to see if he wants the Watchmen sub to save on shipping... might try it.

Heroic Warrior
    Shipping Summary
    Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
    Club EterniaŽ 2013 Subscription - Initial Figure 2 2 2 $50.00
    Shipping: $21.70
    Tax: $0.00
    Total: $121.70

$50+$21.70 = $121.70

'nuff said?

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    so, I woke up this morning to the fact that my new subscription isn't going to go through, because there is something wrong with my CC#.

5 months ago, I had someone steal my CC, and because of that, I called everything that was connected to it, including my paypal, and upgraded to my new card number. I also thought, shoot, i am set up with Matty on that old card, so i called, and told them TAKE THE PREVIOUS CARD OFF, and use this new one, cause the other one was shredded, and it no longer is connected to ANY account.

do you think they listened? they were so nice, added my new card, told me it was all good, then i GET THIS EMAIL. how freaking frustrating. is it a sign i shouldn't have gotten the sub? i dont know.

all i know is that when ever you add a CC# they obviously do not take off the previous one, perhaps thinking, well, if the new one doesn't work we have 2 on file (sort of like if someone had to pull out more than one CC at a grocery store)

I am just super frustrated. and I know all I am going to have to do is call, and let them know, but these hiccups shouldnt have to be solved by the customers.

eh.....

Back in September my cc was stolen and I had to update everthing as well. I fortunatelywas able to take care of my 2012 sub over the phone and they supposedly adjusted my 2013. on the morning of the 10th I had received and email informing me of the situation where they couldnt authorize my cc and to update the info. I did. Immediately my cc was charged, and on the 11th I received a shipping confirmation and my shipment will be here on thursday. The system, at least for me, worked incredibly well and easy. I never had to deal with a cc change like this before and heard the horror stories, but the new system APPEARS to be working.
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Well, this is a great way to kick off the new year.

My two subs were charged seperately and shipped seperately. Pretty sure I never clicked a "never combine" (why is that even an option?). When I tried today to combine them via instructions from these forums, I got this message:

Looking forward to more BS with Matty and a fruitless attempt to get my money back on shipping.

What a load of ****.
    I got that message to, but then I realized that all my subs had flipped over to being combined already for February (automatically) which is why it was saying that.

You know, I have NO CLUE what Matty is charging me for. have 3 charges on my bank account totaling $110. My shipping e-mail shows 1 Watchmen and 1 MOTU, each at $34.96... plus $15 shipping and $6 tax for a total of $96. I should have 2 X MOTU and 1 Watchmen sub. Just... totally confused about what's in my shipment. The $96 is about right for all three subs plus shipping in one container... but what they say they are charging for is way off in the e-mail. All three subs are showing as combined in my account though.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I got that message to, but then I realized that all my subs had flipped over to being combined already for February (automatically) which is why it was saying that.

You know, I have NO CLUE what Matty is charging me for. have 3 charges on my bank account totaling $110. My shipping e-mail shows 1 Watchmen and 1 MOTU, each at $34.96... plus $15 shipping and $6 tax for a total of $96. I should have 2 X MOTU and 1 Watchmen sub. Just... totally confused about what's in my shipment. The $96 is about right for all three subs plus shipping in one container... but what they say they are charging for is way off in the e-mail. All three subs are showing as combined in my account though.
    Good lawd! This is my first time doing multiple subs and from the looks of it, this will be my last time too.

To not have a system in place for combined shipping after 3.5 years of doing the sub thing is bordering on theft. So I'll have to wait until Feb for them to get it right? Pure BS. I also gotta agree with the other posts here: why is the "never combine shipping" option irreversible? More to the point, why is it even an option when they're all going to the same address?
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Good lawd! This is my first time doing multiple subs and from the looks of it, this will be my last time too.

To not have a system in place for combined shipping after 3.5 years of doing the sub thing is bordering on theft. So I'll have to wait until Feb for them to get it right? Pure BS. I also gotta agree with the other posts here: why is the "never combine shipping" option irreversible? More to the point, why is it even an option when they're all going to the same address?
    For whatever reason, every January they can't combine them. It's DR's wonky system. As for the never combine, I assumed that was for International customers who wanted to avoid large customs fees.

Update from Matty about billing issues:

Also, we have heard from some fans on confusion over some shipping and product charges for their Jan figures. To clarify, this is because customers.club members already paid a "sign up fee" back in summer 2012 to be a member of the club. Although originally this fee was intended to cover the "sub only figure" (in the case of Club Eternia and CIE, Club Black Freighter does not have a sub only fig) due to logistics invovled behind the scenes the fee needed to be applied instead to the first figure that shipped (the Jan figs) We'll get a full explanation posted ASAP so you know how much you need to have avail to cover upcoming figures. There won't be any change to the total you pay, it may just be charged a little different than originally announced. But know we are well aware of the slight confusion and it will be easliy clarified later today.

After that it is full speed ahead into an amazing 2013!

Enjoy the latest pics that came in an hour ago!

Matty

Wow... am I ever confused today. Didn't Scott say that if collectors bought a 2nd subscription (or more) after purchasing a subscription earlier, that they would find a way to combine shipping on those 2nd orders?

So far, I am receiving all of my 2013 figures separately. I called Digital River about combining the orders today, and they said they would look into it. Their response didn't fill me with confidence.

As someone who bought a second subscription simply to help keep the line going this year, I am less than impressed.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 28, 2013 at 04:28pm.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I really hop Mattel will fix that with digital river cause so many problems with them... It is really ridiculous not to combine shipping costs... Even on ebay the sellers do that...
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Wow... am I ever confused today. Didn't Scott say that if collectors bought a 2nd subscription (or more) after purchasing a subscription earlier, that they would find a way to combine shipping on those 2nd orders?

So far, I am receiving all of my 2013 figures separately. I called Digital River about combining the orders today, and they said they would look into it. Their response didn't fill me with confidence.

As someone who bought a second subscription simply to help keep the line going this year, I am less than impressed.
    Can't you do that on the My Subscriptions page? I went to go do it but they'd already been combined, from the looks of it.

Have you received your figures yet, with combined shipping? With Netossa, I received them in separate boxes, and she is my most recent figure.

When I tried to combine shipping on their site, it gave me this response:

We’re sorry, we can’t find a subscription to combine. You may need to update the shipping address/account information so it matches your other subscription(s) or you previously selected “never combine with other shipments,” which can’t be undone.

I clearly show two subscriptions for Club Eternia on their history page. I also never selected “never combine with other shipments”, but this is the bogus response they are giving everyone.

Hmm. I just tried to combine my 2 subs. It wont let me. Keeps saying I have already said to not combine them & it can't be undone. That is a big steamy pile of BS if I ever heard it. Anybody else having that problem? I guess I get to call CS now, there is no way I'm paying $14.10 per sub. I thought this my sub page was supposed to make things easy? Way too many hoops to jump through just to get something done right, which there is no reason it shouldn't have been done right in the first place. As a first year subber, the impression hasn't been great.

update I see Captain Atkin has the same prob. Sigh.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes