Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 439

Thread: Digital River Ordering/Billing/Renewal/Sub Issues

  1. #276
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    340
    I just got ANOTHER CHARGE FOR $40.42!?!?!?!?!

    WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING THESE IMBECILES?

    - - - Updated - - -

    on the phone with them....

    "Let me 'farther' check"

  2. #277
    from Ze-Ro to He-Ro kochane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    106

    Subscriptions and moving house - experiences with DR issues & tips to avoid problems?

    Not sure if this is the best place to put this but hoping people may be able to offer me some tips as I am moving house end of next week and am fearful from what others have said about subscriptions being cancelled and orders being lost etc - so are there any actions I should do/not do to try and make sure it goes smoothly?

    I have my subs shipped to someone in the US as I live in the UK (thanks Mike ), so only want to change my billing address for the subs - is there an easy way to do this through the Matty website? I gave DR a call but couldnt really understand what the person was saying (except obviously to update the info after I have moved which is sensible)

    To make it a bit more complicated I ordered a Castle Grayskull to come direct to my UK address direct which I still want to come straight to my new place.

    Hopefully it will all be fine but panicking a bit so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

  3. #278
    Heroic Warrior Tundra_Torque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen, NC
    Posts
    1,492
    Did you try updating this information in the My Subscriptions page?

  4. #279
    Heroic Warrior guardianmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    317
    I am becoming very worried about this myself.

    I've had to change credit cards in the past and, never trusting the website, I called directly. On both occasions that I needed to make a change and after two very, very lengthy phone calls, I was (un)surprised to find that DR made no changes to records at all. I nearly missed out on the now hardest-to-get figures (Fisto being one of them).

    I'll be moving in about a month and, directly after receiving Snakeface this month, will be writing emails to customer service and DR, calling DR directly and speaking to the escalation department (the only place I've ever gotten actual, definitive service), as well as attempting to change my address on the site.

    I look forward to reading more feedback from other users that have gone through this (obnoxious) process in the past and done so successfully.

  5. #280
    from Ze-Ro to He-Ro kochane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    Did you try updating this information in the My Subscriptions page?
    Hi - not sure where to change it as there is only option to change the shipping address or payment method for the next sub figure and not just change my billing address or shipping address for Castle Grayskull. Guess I will just have to wait until I move and keep my fingers crossed when I call that they do it!

  6. #281
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,845
    Quote Originally Posted by kochane View Post
    Hi - not sure where to change it as there is only option to change the shipping address or payment method for the next sub figure and not just change my billing address or shipping address for Castle Grayskull. Guess I will just have to wait until I move and keep my fingers crossed when I call that they do it!
    Isn't your billing address tied to your credit card? If you've changed your billingaddress with your card company, then can't you delete the card and then re-add it as a new card (including new billing address)? I'm pretty sure that's what you need to do.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Sssqueeze, 5/Peekablue, 4/Hunga the Harpy, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

  7. #282
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    35

    poor "My Subscriptions" page design --> duplicate Filmation sub order

    So all of my subscriptions are not showing up in the "My Subscriptions" page on Matty's site. As a result, I thought I had missed out on the Filmation sub in February and was excited when they opened up the order banks again on Monday. It was only after I placed an order for a Filmation sub that I realized I had already done so, and now I have two subs coming my way.

    I contacted Matty/DR customer support to point out that the error was (mostly) due to missing information on their website, but the folks at DR say they are unable to cancel the order because it was "processed for shipment immediately upon completion". I said that it wasn't going to ship until July, so surely someone there could just remove the record from the database in the next three months. Long story short: no. Do they record the orders on stone tablets or something so they cannot be undone?

    Matty's site hasn't given me any problems for a while, but this is a pretty big one in my view.

    My only hope now is that they will at least combine the two orders so I don't get hammered twice for shipping costs.

  8. #283
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    704
    I had to ask them and ask them again, that I would not get 2 filmation subs when the "you need to re-sub" mail came to some of us.
    I only got one figure, so they did right by me. But I'm guessing that with people who didn't ask, or follow their instructions to the letter (which was weird, as it is something they really should have done in house... But enough about that.) will get 2 subs.


    Quote Originally Posted by jacob View Post
    So all of my subscriptions are not showing up in the "My Subscriptions" page on Matty's site. As a result, I thought I had missed out on the Filmation sub in February and was excited when they opened up the order banks again on Monday. It was only after I placed an order for a Filmation sub that I realized I had already done so, and now I have two subs coming my way.

    I contacted Matty/DR customer support to point out that the error was (mostly) due to missing information on their website, but the folks at DR say they are unable to cancel the order because it was "processed for shipment immediately upon completion". I said that it wasn't going to ship until July, so surely someone there could just remove the record from the database in the next three months. Long story short: no. Do they record the orders on stone tablets or something so they cannot be undone?

    Matty's site hasn't given me any problems for a while, but this is a pretty big one in my view.

    My only hope now is that they will at least combine the two orders so I don't get hammered twice for shipping costs. In any case, if you have not ordered a Filmation sub and were thinking about it, I'm posting my extra in the marketplace.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

  9. #284
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,845
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob View Post
    My only hope now is that they will at least combine the two orders so I don't get hammered twice for shipping costs.
    I did the same as you when they were first on sale I didn't get a confirmation email and no sign on the my account page of Matty of my Filmation sub order. After I ordered again (after reading some sub orders weren't going through) both subs showed up in my order history! I didn't bother contacting Matty, as I felt it wasn't worth the hassle of reasoning with them. I'll just sell the second sub figures on here or eBay.

    and I'm pretty sure the July figures will ship seperate as the subs were ordered seperate, but from August they should combine
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Sssqueeze, 5/Peekablue, 4/Hunga the Harpy, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

  10. #285
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    6,968

    Advice from anyone whose Sub was canceled against their wishes

    So Matty has canceled my subs for having trouble authorizing payment. My card is fine and no charges were denied. I may have to give up on seeing the April figures but I don't know what could be wrong as I wait for them to reinstate my subs. Has anyone been through anything like this and gotten their subs back without a problem? Should I take my luck and buy the sub-lite before it too sells out?
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  11. #286
    Heroic Warrior Lentzquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    242
    I'd get a pre-pay credit card and purchase a sub lite. Put enough cash on it to ensure they can pre-authorize the May shipment. That way you're covered in the event your original sub can't be salvaged. Then just add enough money to it each month to cover your sub. If your regular subs get restored, spend the funds on the pre-pay card and let that one cancel on it's own.

  12. #287
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,494
    First, check your Matty account and make sure they are charging the right card (make sure your account information is right and is actually yours; my problems started with a fouled up log-in and then a cancelled sub because they mixed my account in with someone elses, then got even more fun). I assume you contacted them, and hope you ignored the regular Matty number and used whatever one is current to get directly to DR (there should be a thread here with that number, I hope). I honestly can't tell you much more than that for the official routes. I haven't been on the site in ages, so I don't know if any of the moderators on the forums can help anymore or not. I honestly got a lot further with them than anyone else asociated with Matty when problems cropped up. I haven't heard anyone speak of getting such help in a while, though, so that may not be an option anymore.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  13. #288
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    6,968
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    First, check your Matty account and make sure they are charging the right card (make sure your account information is right and is actually yours; my problems started with a fouled up log-in and then a cancelled sub because they mixed my account in with someone elses, then got even more fun). I assume you contacted them, and hope you ignored the regular Matty number and used whatever one is current to get directly to DR (there should be a thread here with that number, I hope). I honestly can't tell you much more than that for the official routes. I haven't been on the site in ages, so I don't know if any of the moderators on the forums can help anymore or not. I honestly got a lot further with them than anyone else asociated with Matty when problems cropped up. I haven't heard anyone speak of getting such help in a while, though, so that may not be an option anymore.
    The Go Matty phone number isn't good? I'd used that to get the ticket to reinstate started. I'd also emailed Matty and they responded about that and the ticket to make sure I wanted all my subs reinstated (which I thought was stated on the phone and noted at the time, but as long as they are clear about it now).

    Their reason still doesn't make sense. They think my bank declined their attempts to renew by my bank has nothing to do with American Express, who said they haven't declined anything anyway. How did you find out they had mixed your account?

    It's scary because if they are confused about my current CC, I don't know how they won't be confused about a whole different one.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  14. #289
    Heroic Warrior charliecore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    178
    I had the same thing happen to me this month. I opened my email yesterday morning to see an urgent message from matty saying my subscription was inactivated after three unsuccessful attempts to charge the card. I called my credit card company immediately fearing that perhaps I had been the victim of some identity theft and my card had been maxed out.

    My credit card company said that not only did they not see any charges from Matty for the month of April, but they also saw NO ATTEMPTS to charge the account. They told me that if Mattel had indeed tried to charge the account as they so claimed, and it had failed as they so claimed, that they (the credit card company) would have record of that.

    After contacting the wonderful customer service at Digital River and getting nowhere, I came to the conclusion that after being a collector and loyal customer of this line for nearly five years, perhaps it is time for me to move on from all of the constant headaches and disappointments caused by the abysmal customer service we get from Mattel/Digital River.

    I am not about to beat the dead horse of all the issues the line had endured, but it has just honestly gotten to be too much. If a person who has faithfully subscribed to the line from the moment subscriptions were introduced, and has bought every single item, some multiple times, can't get any better resolution/treatment from Mattel than this, it makes my decision to cease collecting the line that much easier.

  15. #290
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    6,968
    Quote Originally Posted by charliecore View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me this month. I opened my email yesterday morning to see an urgent message from matty saying my subscription was inactivated after three unsuccessful attempts to charge the card. I called my credit card company immediately fearing that perhaps I had been the victim of some identity theft and my card had been maxed out.

    My credit card company said that not only did they not see any charges from Matty for the month of April, but they also saw NO ATTEMPTS to charge the account. They told me that if Mattel had indeed tried to charge the account as they so claimed, and it had failed as they so claimed, that they (the credit card company) would have record of that.

    After contacting the wonderful customer service at Digital River and getting nowhere, I came to the conclusion that after being a collector and loyal customer of this line for nearly five years, perhaps it is time for me to move on from all of the constant headaches and disappointments caused by the abysmal customer service we get from Mattel/Digital River.

    I am not about to beat the dead horse of all the issues the line had endured, but it has just honestly gotten to be too much. If a person who has faithfully subscribed to the line from the moment subscriptions were introduced, and has bought every single item, some multiple times, can't get any better resolution/treatment from Mattel than this, it makes my decision to cease collecting the line that much easier.
    That's three people who have this problem. They didn't create or offer to create a ticket to reinstate your subscription then? I just gave them the same CC info again because obviously there was nothing wrong with the card, they just weren't charging it before. I don't want to end up out in the cold for the rest of the year.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  16. #291
    I am that I am Heidi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    6,447
    The same thing happened to me. I did change my credit card info in early April, but my credit balance is well below the max limit. They asked for my credit card info via e-mail and I refused to send it. After that they adviced me to call their cs-number. I'm still considering my options and haven't made the call.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

    I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

    My marketplace feedback


  17. #292
    Heroic Warrior lawrence-wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    71
    Same thing happened to me this month. I've subbed since the beginning and haven't had any trouble to this point. I called six times over the last week and a half basically getting the same responses. After the cancellation email yesterday I contacted them again and asked to have my sub reinstated. Got another email today that it had been taken care of along with an order confirmation for Snake Face. Odd thing though is that they charged me for May stuff as well, which of course I wasn't prepared for. They assure me that it's just a temporary hold but we'll see.

  18. #293
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    6,968
    Hmm, this is happening to more people than I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence-wallace View Post
    Same thing happened to me this month. I've subbed since the beginning and haven't had any trouble to this point. I called six times over the last week and a half basically getting the same responses. After the cancellation email yesterday I contacted them again and asked to have my sub reinstated. Got another email today that it had been taken care of along with an order confirmation for Snake Face. Odd thing though is that they charged me for May stuff as well, which of course I wasn't prepared for. They assure me that it's just a temporary hold but we'll see.
    You may have gotten the farthest of anyone having the problem. I still don't have an order confirmation.

    *Oh, I guess I thought of this as an open question rather than part of any existing thread. Sorry guys!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  19. #294
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,708
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

    *Oh, I guess I thought of this as an open question rather than part of any existing thread. Sorry guys!
    I only wish we didn't have to have a dedicated thread to this stuff... sadly there have been enough issues to warrant it! Sigh.
    I feel like this exact issue has come up before, sadly, with other people in the past.

  20. #295
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,608

    Has Anyone SUCCESSFULLY Updated Credit Card Info on The 'My Subscriptions' Page?

    Anyone updated credit card info. successfully on the 'My Subscriptions' page and receive emails and figures same as before?

    I just updated mine and am nervous as all heck that it won't work, that my I will receive a "failed authorization" email, or won't receive my figures due to issues.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

  21. #296
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    62
    I updated my CC infos back in March and I had no problems at all. Everything went smoothly.

  22. #297
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Melfis View Post
    I updated my CC infos back in March and I had no problems at all. Everything went smoothly.
    Do they not need the security card number on back of the card? They don't ask for it on the update page.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

  23. #298
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,013
    Yup. Twice...and I never had to enter the 3 digit security number for some reason. I can understand your concerns. I had the same.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  24. #299
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Yup. Twice...and I never had to enter the 3 digit security number for some reason. I can understand your concerns. I had the same.
    So you had NO issues? Everything went smoothly? Why did you need to do it twice?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

  25. #300
    Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,663
    I updated my CC last October and have had NO problems.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

    WE can do this together because.....

    EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •