Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Digital River Ordering/Billing/Renewal/Sub Issues

I had the same problem, but I went into my subscription and changed it.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Mine shipped together.

Widget

Just call customer service. Don't frustrate yourself.

There is definitely a problem with combining shipments through the site. If you're sure everything is the same, that probably isn't the issue.

I too had the exact same everything for my eternia and filmation subs. I checked and double checked and still couldn't get anything combined.

I finally called customer service and just requested that they do it for me. Hopefully that will work starting next month.

The subscription management page doesn't let you change shipping methods. I'm guessing that club eternia shipping parcel post and filmation shipping UPS is what was causing the separation.

Ok, so I'm not getting half the emails I should be getting from Matty. I call CS because of the main page news. I was told I CAN NOT change my email, or I loose CG & all 4 subs. WTF? I will not order my subs until this is figured out. Total BS. Add in a server error & what looks to be a botched shipment & I'm pretty frustrated with DR right now. They are too inept to fix this in 4 days....with a weekend.

Has anyone fixed this issue before? Argh.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior

I'm done with MOTUC/Mattycollector/Digital River.

I'm sure there have been a lot of posts like this, and basically it's just people trying to either get some attention or boycott Matty. I'm doing neither, just venting a little.

So here's what happened. I pre-ordered Castle Grayskull last year, but due to finances, I had to cancel my pre-order. I did it with a lot of regret, because I never had CG when I was a kid, and I was really looking forward to MOTUC's version. I also had a subscription for Club Filmation, and I only got it because I wanted to get Sea Hawk for my wife, who's a big She-Ra fan and I wanted her Adora to have her partner.

So last month I receive an email from Matty saying that my card was going to be charged soon for Castle Grayskull. I had already cancelled my pre-order, and could not afford it, so I contacted them and asked them to please verify that my order was cancelled and that I would not have the Castle shipped to me and/or my card charged. I get an email back two days later confirming that yes, my order was indeed cancelled and I would not be charged for the Castle.

Then came this month's Matty sale, and on the 16th I still had not received the "your subscription has renewed" email, so I contacted them again and asked them about it, and they said that they would retry to charge my credit card 5 days after the monthly sale, meaning on the 20th. On November 22nd I email them back because my credit card had not been charged. They write back saying that my Club Filmation subscription had been cancelled because they tried charging my credit card three times and the three times the card had been rejected. I contact my bank to see what was up and they reply that there had been no attempt from Mattycollector to charge my card this month. So then it occured to me that they had instead tried to charge my debit card, which is also on Matty's database but I never use it there. So I check with the other bank and lo and behold, yes, Matty tried charging my debit card, and since there's no money in there unless I'm going to use the card, the charges didn't go through.

So, somehow Matty deleted my credit card, the one I've been using for my Club Filmation sub from their database, and reverted to my debit card, just because I asked them to verify that my card would not be charged for Castle Grayskull. I mean, really?

I've never had any issues with Matty before, and this is the first time and really, I don't want to deal with this comapny anymore. So if I don't get Sea Hawk and Strong-Arm, so be it. I still need Modulok and Two-Bad to finish my collection (and maybe Dragstor and Rio Blast) so I'll get that from the secondary market. But really, this is a low blow. It sucks that when this company fixes one thing, something else breaks.

Venting over.

Language barrier. I can't tell you how many times the simplest of things confused the Indian person on the other end of the line. Anyone who says I'm being racist, please, let's be reasonable, when running a business, shouldn't you use people in CS that speak the customers language first, and not as a secondary language? Just my opinion. Again, i've tried to convey simple ideas that were repeatedly misunderstood, while dealing with the MC CS.

Yup. digital river has been a cancer in this line since the early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    So then it occured to me that they had instead tried to charge my debit card, which is also on Matty's database but I never use it there. So I check with the other bank and lo and behold, yes, Matty tried charging my debit card, and since there's no money in there unless I'm going to use the card, the charges didn't go through.

So, somehow Matty deleted my credit card, the one I've been using for my Club Filmation sub from their database, and reverted to my debit card, just because I asked them to verify that my card would not be charged for Castle Grayskull. I mean, really?

I've never had any issues with Matty before, and this is the first time and really, I don't want to deal with this comapny anymore. So if I don't get Sea Hawk and Strong-Arm, so be it. I still need Modulok and Two-Bad to finish my collection (and maybe Dragstor and Rio Blast) so I'll get that from the secondary market. But really, this is a low blow. It sucks that when this company fixes one thing, something else breaks.

Venting over.
    You did know you can view your subs on the My Subscriptions page right? Might be an idea to log in there, change your card to the credit card you want to be charged with and contact them again. Might be better to email instead explaining the situation and they might still be able to charge for and post Sea Hawk Not like they won't have stock him left. I'd do it now as your entitled to that figure after being forced to purchase Nepthu!

Your only hurting yourself and NOT matty by not giving it a go.
    Last edited by blackiecats; November 25, 2013 at 08:37pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

yeah, I feel they are incompetent.

It sounds like what happened is that they just switched your default card - which is what they had been doing for Grayskull orders all this year which didn't actually end up doing a tinkers darn which is why all the issues happened. What is a mystery is how cancelling the order totally got them to change your default method.

Sorry it feels bad enough to just bail, especially since you have only had this one issue, but it's understandable - and, in a way, I can actually respect it as you are putting your money where your mouth is. It's a shame you are missing the figure you wanted for your wife - if you change your mind, as blackiecats says, just log into the subscription page, make sure the card you want is the default card, and email Matty and tell them you want the sub reinstated with the default card you have set. You shouldn't have to call.

I'm surprised you only got the email after the 3rd time - I'd also make sure your email account has them "whitelisted" or just a contact, so they don't mark it as spam. They usually send you an email each time they attempt to charge your card and failed - so it looks like they got missed somewhere.

Good luck whatever you do!

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post

The real problem is this is common for many customers, and at this point in the line it should not occur. You have been lucky not having any issues, but really with a company Mattel's size, there is no excuse for this issue.

The larger problem when people like you give up or stop buying, voting with your wallet as they say, it is never considered an issue with DR or the product. It is usually perceived as a lack of interest in the line, or fans are not willing to support the line, which is not the case. Man of us are willing to support a line we love, that is why BBTS or any other secondary seller is making money selling Matty stuff. Many people are willing to pay more just avoid dealing with the company itself. That should be the number one sign there is something wrong with the way you do business, but of course it will fall on the fans if anything does not do well.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I feel that even when you don't have any problems DR/MattyCollector is still just a lousy experience. Horrible catalog, clunky ordering/checkout process, poor performance, insane shipping prices, etc. I hate it. I'm glad I was able to get most of my collection from eBay and fellow forum members.

MOTU Brick Builder Marwarscreator's Avatar
    So last friday I got an URGENT! mail from matty: my Filmation and Eternia subs was inactive?!?

They claimed there was a problem with the Nephtu and Mantenna/Darkus/Trooper order... but I allready have the figures in hand...

And according to my bank info I did pay for the figures and the ordernumbers on the paperwork checks out, but there is no immediately sign of these orders on my mattyaccount...

So I did some digging and found them under a different order number and they were RENEWED, billed and shipped.

Question: Why these problems now? I knew this month would be a slaughter on my card, so I ensured I had enough money ready. What did they do to the system?
    -------------------------------------
    "By the Power of Plastic... I HAVE THE LEGO!"
    -------------------------------------

I think DR may have screwed up my sub. I have three charges on my card, a 4th was rejected. I got a call from my bank asking about possible fraud. oh boy, I hope I don't get the DR Screw job.

The only sub I had before was the Filmation one and they went on without any issues. I pick the Quarterly Shipment. The Sub doesn't show up at Mattycollector under my subs. I didn't get any emails lately.

I sent them an email to see what is going on, I will call when I get home tonight. I am very worried now.

Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post
    The Sub doesn't show up at Mattycollector under my subs.
    The sub won't appear on the My Subscriptions page until AFTER the first shipment

I didn't get any emails lately.
    Since the March items are the first shipment of the sub, the only email you will get is the shipping confirmation once the figures have been posted. June is when we will get the first renewal email

As for the various charges, when I swapped my sub to DHL shipping for October last year, my items oddly got charged separate back then. It could be possible DR are charging the quarterly sub items separately, which could be problematic for some folks who have credit cards with extremely jittery banks
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I think DR may have screwed up my sub. I have three charges on my card, a 4th was rejected. I got a call from my bank asking about possible fraud. oh boy, I hope I don't get the DR Screw job.

The only sub I had before was the Filmation one and they went on without any issues. I pick the Quarterly Shipment. The Sub doesn't show up at Mattycollector under my subs. I didn't get any emails lately.

I sent them an email to see what is going on, I will call when I get home tonight. I am very worried now.
    Yeah, I was a little shocked this morning when I saw that they put 4 separate charges ($29.63, $50.13, $30.49 & $30.49) on my card instead of just 1 charge for the total amount. The last 2 charges for $30.49 are especially problematic as many banks will automatically decline 2 or more charges from the same party that are for the same amount and occur moments apart.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm sure you'll be able to get it sorted out. Probably just need to call your bank to authorize the charge and then contact DR customer service and ask them to try again. I *think* I have read that DR will try to charge your card again up to 3 times (on different days) before giving up, but I am not positive about that so probably best to call them to be sure. Good luck.

Yeah, splitting the charges is VERY bizarre to me. I feel like they've done that before and triggered fraud issues with multiple charges. I had the same thing happen, but it doesn't seemed to have phased my bank. Which is either a good thing or a worrying thing!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by mister_e View Post
    Yeah, I was a little shocked this morning when I saw that they put 4 separate charges ($29.63, $50.13, $30.49 & $30.49) on my card instead of just 1 charge for the total amount. The last 2 charges for $30.49 are especially problematic as many banks will automatically decline 2 or more charges from the same party that are for the same amount and occur moments apart.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm sure you'll be able to get it sorted out. Probably just need to call your bank to authorize the charge and then contact DR customer service and ask them to try again. I *think* I have read that DR will try to charge your card again up to 3 times (on different days) before giving up, but I am not positive about that so probably best to call them to be sure. Good luck.
    I just got off the phone with them, the bank stop the last charge, since it was coming from the mid-west and I am in the east coast, it got triggered as possible fraud as a result. They said they will try to charge the last one that failed again and send me an email once the items are ready to ship. Had they only charge me one lump sum this would had been avoided. Anyway, the service rep was very nice and hopefully this will be resolved now. I will update when/if it is resolved, just in case anyone else is having the same issue.

Well, I'm just happy to see that my subs renewed this month, like normal!

A few weeks ago, I had to change my debit card so I updated the card info through the MySubs page. I even called CS to verify that it was updated correctly but I was still afraid that something would go wrong today.

My main concern was that the new CV number on the back of the card wasn't included since there's no entry field for that on the online update form. The Club Etheria sub asked for it, so I had a bad feeling that my Club Eternia subs still had the old CV number attached to it.

Fortunately, I got the successful Sub Renewal email this morning and my bank confirmed the charges, so it looks like everything's back to normal. I should get the shipping confirmation in a day or two now! (Knocks on wood, heheh!)

This has been the biggest issue with DR that I've had since I started buying from them in 2011, so I'm very relieved that it turned out to be a non-issue in the end. So far, the biggest screw-up I've dealt with was when the Post Office delivered my package to some other address...But DR took care of it and sent another package within a few days after I called CS!

It sucks to read about some of the DR nightmare stories that happen here but I hope that more customers are getting smooth experiences like me. IMO, their response and delivery times, as well as service, has improved over the last two years...I used to wait over a week for my package to travel 50 miles because it would make a stop at Sparks, NV and then come back to CA instead. Now, it goes directly to me and only takes a day or two so I usually get my figures before DOS!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

I haven't had a change or notice pasted about the Quarterly Subscription since the last e-mail on the 3/03/14 about updating info. Anybody else in the same boat?

I didn't get anything... I called today and they said they are in the process of being shipped, so I assume we should all see shipping emails soon. I didn't get any other notification.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam_Warrior View Post
    I haven't had a change or notice pasted about the Quarterly Subscription since the last e-mail on the 3/03/14 about updating info. Anybody else in the same boat?
    Same here but when I called before they mention they haven't sent the emails yet.

EVIL TRENTONIAN
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    I didn't get anything... I called today and they said they are in the process of being shipped, so I assume we should all see shipping emails soon. I didn't get any other notification.
    Same here, nothing. Starting to get worried.

I have the every month sub,but when my January figures shipped,I never received an email. No sub renewal,because it was not renewing but rather starting and no shipping confirmation. I had to go to my order history,look up my sub purchase during comic con and there I found my tracking number.

Try that first,might save you some time and ulcers.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

motuc_quarterly.JPG

I just received that my quarterly sub has been shipped! I just need to understand the breakdown though.
    Last edited by koolas; March 13, 2014 at 05:13am.
    Cats | Nikon | Transformers | Marvel Universe | Masters of the Universe Classics | Travel | Hobbyist | http://www.flickr.com/photos/denverernest/collections/