Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FINALLY...A HE-Man Garbage Pail Kid!!!

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

FINALLY...A HE-Man Garbage Pail Kid!!!

As I'm sure you are all well aware, a new series of GARBAGE PAIL KIDS stickers was released this week -

Well, one of the bonus stickers is this piece of artwork, by veteran GPK artist John Pound ->

You may have seen the artwork before, but this is the first time it's got an official release....
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

It's about time!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

ahhh I need this! I wonder how many packs I'll have to buy....

I <3 Garbage Pail Kids and this card.

That's awesome! I used to love GPK.

Snappy Threader
    HAH I would love to get my hands on that card, though I am not a fan of GPK at all. I can't bring myself to buy packs of these, but I want this one for sure for my collection of oddball MOTU stuff.....

I was excited about the new series, but now I'm even more excited about it. I can't wait to get them.

Awesome! Now I gotta start collecting GPK again....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

I have to have this! Is this a new flashback series? and which series? available at target?

Awesome!!!

I can only imagine what they would do with STINKOR....
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    I have to have this! Is this a new flashback series? and which series? available at target?
    It's a new series of all new artwork, called BRAND NEW SERIES 1. I think it's available at target...but....

IMPORTANT INFO BELOW!!!

This specific card is labeled B4a/b which means it is a bonus card. If you buy individual packs, you will not find it....you have to buy a specific BONUS BOX in order to get it (or just buy it off ebay), so it's a little bit rarer than the regular cards. Just a warning in case anyone who wants it goes out and buys loads of individual packets, as they'll never find it in there!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

It's pretty awesome. What kind of price does that sort thing fetch on eBay?

Very cool. Used to love GBK.

Were those Trap Jaw and Beast Man ones I saw a while back by the same guy or were they totally unofficial?
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior
    nice.

Let's not forget about this thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...bage+pail+kids

I'll have to change my garbage pail kid avatar to that now thanks.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    It's a new series of all new artwork, called BRAND NEW SERIES 1. I think it's available at target...but....

IMPORTANT INFO BELOW!!!

This specific card is labeled B4a/b which means it is a bonus card. If you buy individual packs, you will not find it....you have to buy a specific BONUS BOX in order to get it (or just buy it off ebay), so it's a little bit rarer than the regular cards. Just a warning in case anyone who wants it goes out and buys loads of individual packets, as they'll never find it in there!
    I've never bought GPK before. When you say you have to buy a specific bonus box in order to get it can you tell me WHICH specific bonus box and a few different places you can get them?
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

That is 110% more awesome sauce!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Yay! It's about time!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Filmation Style ! Yeah Baby !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I've never bought GPK before. When you say you have to buy a specific bonus box in order to get it can you tell me WHICH specific bonus box and a few different places you can get them?
    The Bonus Card boosters and boxes have specific cards in them. B4 is usually reserved for Bonus card boxes which if you can find them cost $13-20 in retail. They come with multiple packs of cards with the bonus card at the end.

Bonus card boxes are SUPER hard to find, Topps does not ship them in the same ratio they ship regular card boxes

Since this is a massive relaunch of the series (all these are new cards, not like the Flashback which was a set of Anniversary series) they might be more available then before. We found quite a few of Flashback 1 bonus box, we had to go eBay to buy Flashback 2 and 3 bonus boxes

Books a Million tends to carry bonus boxes as does Kmart and Toys R Us, Walmart and Target usually don't (Target carries the Bonus boosters which contain B1-B3)

I looked on eBay and most card dealers say the Bonus Box for this series comes with card B6, that would imply this He-Man card comes from a bonus booster instead. I will wait for more confirmation before plunking down $20 for a bonus box that does not have the card
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I LOVE this, LOVE gpk...love motu.
    – No comment.

Thanks for the info Missile-toe and Markatisu. ! I'm glad it was done by John Pound as well . . love his artwork. Has that original feel to it. Will be on the hunt soon .

I love Garbage Pail Kids, but as much as I also love He-Man, I only like actually funny Garbage Pail Kids, and there isn't even a joke here. A reference for reference's sake just reminds me of the worst kind of jokes from Family Guy or something. (well, except for the rape ones, but you know what I mean.)

For those looking the Bonus Boxes have shown up at Target, I picked up 3 today. They are 10.49 each which is actually a deal since each pack is normally $2 and you get 6 packs plus a bonus card

No confirmation yet if the booster card in these boxes is random or not, in past editions the bonus multipacks have different bonus cards and the box had the same card. But I am not seeing any bonus multiplacks so they may have done away with that sku and just done them all as boxes.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Too awesome for words, been a fan of GPK since they came out and they should do Thundercats now as a parody
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.