Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FINALLY...A HE-Man Garbage Pail Kid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    For those looking the Bonus Boxes have shown up at Target, I picked up 3 today. They are 10.49 each which is actually a deal since each pack is normally $2 and you get 6 packs plus a bonus card

No confirmation yet if the booster card in these boxes is random or not, in past editions the bonus multipacks have different bonus cards and the box had the same card. But I am not seeing any bonus multiplacks so they may have done away with that sku and just done them all as boxes.
    So I'm getting so far that you buy the bonus boxes and hope you randomly get this card.. that could be costly if the case.
    Last edited by King Criss79; October 11, 2012 at 01:22pm.

Man... I certainly collected the hell out of some GPK cards as a kid. In fact, I fondly recall an entire school notebook covered in them as a youngster! Such awesomeness. And this new card takes the cake. Great stuff and fond memories of this line.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Man... I certainly collected the hell out of some GPK cards as a kid. In fact, I fondly recall an entire school notebook covered in them as a youngster! Such awesomeness. And this new card takes the cake. Great stuff and fond memories of this line.

I filled my whole front door and large poster boards with these stickers. It was at the same time I was collecting he-man .

Heroic Warrior
    Remembered when they did an Optimus Prime parody? that was cool.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I'll be looking for those, I have most of the new series 3, and a few originals....can't wait for the Series 4.

My favorites were
    Adam Bomb
    Rappin' Ron
    Potty Scotty

And a few others I can't think of at the moment, but I'll be looking for the He-Man one for sure....after all....it has my name written all over it....Although I've never been called a Barbarian....at least to my face.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    So I'm getting so far that you buy the bonus boxes and hope you randomly get this card.. that could be costly if the case.
    Yeah if it is in fact random per box that is going to be ridiculously expensive. There are 4 Bonus cards and each has an A/B (normally its just B1-B4 with no A/B) so for MOTU fans that would mean tons of boxes to find the card and for GPK fans that means we need to get 8 cards now
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Man that's neat-O
    FILMATION

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I'll be looking for those, I have most of the new series 3, and a few originals....can't wait for the Series 4.

My favorites were
    Adam Bomb
    Rappin' Ron
    Potty Scotty

And a few others I can't think of at the moment, but I'll be looking for the He-Man one for sure....after all....it has my name written all over it....Although I've never been called a Barbarian....at least to my face.
    Oooh those were my faves too including Windy Winston and Greaser Greg.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Ive been wanting that card for a long time. Picked up 10 packs but no luck, just a bunch of those pesky golden certificates. Very cool to see it in production!!!

looked around and no bonus boxes yet. I've only seen individual packs. Looks like ebay is gonna be the way to go. On the bright side this BNS is much better than I imagined as it looks like some are done by the original artists

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I picked up 3 bonus boxes yesterday at the local Target and got the same bonus card in each box.......uggggghhhhhh!!!! No He-Man GPK for me. The good news is that the new series is cool and fun!!

Oh, cool, I just saw the A version and it is He-Manny!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    I picked up 3 bonus boxes yesterday at the local Target and got the same bonus card in each box.......uggggghhhhhh!!!! No He-Man GPK for me. The good news is that the new series is cool and fun!!
    And that is why I'm stopping at 2 boxes and 7 single packs.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Oh, cool, I just saw the A version and it is He-Manny!
    Thanks. I was wondering what it is.

these new GPKs cards are great just for the fact it keeps the line alive for the new generation but it will never be the same to me given the major change in design between the original series up to, i think, series 10, and this new line. i just cant get into it. but rock on!! if you like 'em.

People on the GPK boards are saying the He-Man card is found in the packs, so basically keep trying your luck or just wait and see if you can snag it on eBay. GPK fans buy an insane amount of cards, at PowerCon we were selling 30 GPK cards for $1 to try and move our extras
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    If someone here scores a He-Man GPK, please post and let us know what kind of pack you got it in!!! I'm very hesitant to buy up more from this series until I know for sure what my best chances are of getting that card. With 3 boxes bought, I already have many multiples and could do without more of the same and more expense.

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post

I just bought the last 4 bonus boxes from Walmart and received the SAME bonus card in each box. the set of 8 bonus cards that include he-man,B1ab-B4ab are NOT in the bonus boxes as this bonus card was a different set B5ab-. Don't waste your money unless you are collecting the series.
    Last edited by King Criss79; October 25, 2012 at 06:21pm.

What the hell's a garbage pail kid?

It was kids cocaine.. you grew up in the 80s?

Figured I better chime in here. So, there are 12 bonus cards in this series! 6 prints with an "a" and "b".

Usually, each retailer that carries the 6-pack Bonus Boxes have the same Bonus Card in each one. For example, in the previous new series, Target boxes all had an exclusive bonus, Wal-Mart boxes all had an exclusive bonus, etc. However, this time around it appears that the retail 6 pack Bonus Boxes for both Target and Wal-Mart carry the same bonus card print with an "a" or "b". Interestingly, this is the first series to have Bonus Cards with an "a" and a "b" version of the same print. So, that's where you can get 2 of the 12 bonus cards.

Then, the remaining 10 bonus cards are supposedly only available in the large 24-pack Hobby Boxes you can get at hobby shops, comic book stores, or online. He-Manny and Barbarian Brian (the 2 bonus cards that use the same print - "a" and "b") are randomly inserted along with the other 10 bonus cards in these different hobby boxes. Each box only has 1 random bonus card. (FYI- The 24-pack boxes on the retail shelves up by the checkout counter at Target and Wal-Mart are just large retail boxes and do not contain a bonus card, just single packs.)

It's really expensive to try to buy all these different Hobby Boxes and Bonus Boxes, but you may luck out and get them all! It's still up in the air whether there is a pattern regarding which Hobby Boxes contain the specific Bonus Cards. Sometimes the codes near the UPC on the boxes indicate what's inside. I don't think it's been established yet whether a code pattern is present. If I hear anything further, I'll update here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    What the hell's a garbage pail kid?
    In the 80's in UK, the series was initially called Garbage Pail Kids. But in the early 90's was called The Garbage Gang. I don't think it was as popular in UK as it was here in the States.
    Last edited by Donimo; October 25, 2012 at 06:52pm.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.